Sponsored

And it begins... (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray)

morreale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR / Shelby GT500
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed:
TazerJL Mini Pictures
67Designs JL Series 55 Rail System with G2 holder - Pictures
Mopar Door Sill Guards Pictures
Mopar All-Weather Floor Liner Set Pictures
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE Pictures
MORE Dead Pedal Pictures
BlackVue DR970X-2CH 4K Dual-Channel Dash Cam / Blackvue B-130X Dash Cam Battery
Midland MXT575
XGCargo GAMA Bags

American Adventure Lab - M.A.A.S. Cargo Shelf
American Adventure Lab - M.A.A.S. Plus Storage Platform
American Adventure Lab - 2x M.A.A.S. 6 Inch Drawer
American Adventure Lab - M.A.A.S. 4 Inch Drawer
American Adventure Lab - Slightly Wider Slide for CFX3 45
Dometic CFX3 45

Rhino-Rack Backbone System, RCL Legs & Vortex Bars Pictures
Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform
Rhino-Rack Standard profile with quick release lockable leg
Rhino-Rack Batwing 270 (right side mount)
Roofnest Falcon XL
WheelEveryWeekend.com RTT Security Mounts

Garage Smart Hardtop Hoist
Garage Smart XL HD Hoist for RTT
Goal Zero Yeti 500x
KUAT Piston Pro X
KUAT Pivot v2

Warn ZEON 10-S Platinum Winch
Warn Winch Plate for OEM steel bumper
Factor 55 - 1" Hawse Fairleads
Factor 55 - UltraHook - Red
Factor 55 - UltraHook Rope Guard
Factor 55 - RRP + Standard Duty Soft Shackle
Factor 55 - 2x 3/4" Crosby Shackles - Red
Factor 55 - Tree Saver Strap

Pending Install:

American Adventure Lab - VersaTable

Wish list:

Metalcloak or Clayton 2.5" / 3.5"?
35" BFG K02s or Nitto Ridge Grappler
Wheels undecided (was leaning toward AEV Borahs but not sure the backspacing will work out)
  • AEV Borah
  • Method 312

2020.09.19 The day of pickup - 3am (after driving 20 hours)

Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9688.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9691.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9690.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9692.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9686.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9689.JPEG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
morreale

morreale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR / Shelby GT500
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
May I ask why you had them leave the protective on?
so that it can be paint corrected and ceramic coated. didnt want to have to deal with the potential swirling / marring that the dealer may cause.

Sponsored

Marshack

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hvhinsurance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2018 BMW GSA.
Occupation
Insurance Broker
so that it can be paint corrected and ceramic coated. didnt want to have to deal with the potential swirling / marring that the dealer may cause.
Please tell me more. I interested as I have a 2021 JLURD on order. What exactly does the dealer do?

AngLT

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I didn't know you could do that! Thanks for sharing!!!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Please tell me more. I interested as I have a 2021 JLURD on order. What exactly does the dealer do?
Having you delivery done this way happens all the time with exotic car brands. The owner does not want to have a dealer do more damage to the paint. Detailer s at a dealer are a literally crap shoot and most are horrible. Reuse the same dirty towels, etc. All about speed For them.

The only watch out and this has happened is when you leave the plastic on (not sure what is all on the Jeep) you run the risk of catching any defects and once you drive it off the lot, it’s yours. There have been scratches under the plastic, deep ones.

My suggestion is always to have the plastic removed BUT do not wash or detail the car. That way you can get a good walk around to ensure no major defects before leaving.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I guess I’m not understanding the process here.

OP, you drove 20 hours to the dealer to pick this vehicle up but you did not want the dealer to detail/remove plastic wrap from car.

so, I guess you are not planning to drive it back home? Did you trailer it/drive it home yourself or arrange for some other transporter to pick upand deliver to your home 20-hours away? Or did you have the detailing done locally near the dealer and then drive it home?

OP
OP
morreale

morreale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR / Shelby GT500
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I’m not understanding the process here.

OP, you drove 20 hours to the dealer to pick this vehicle up but you did not want the dealer to detail/remove plastic wrap from car.

so, I guess you are not planning to drive it back home? Did you trailer it/drive it home yourself or arrange for some other transporter to pick upand deliver to your home 20-hours away? Or did you have the detailing done locally near the dealer and then drive it home?
the plan was to trailer it back and do all the detailing myself. i will post pics of my process later in this thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
morreale

morreale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR / Shelby GT500
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Decontamination Steps

Strip wash using ObsessedGarage.com Decontamination Soap
Chemical decontamination / Iron remover using CarPro IronX
Mechanical decontamination using NanoSkin Glide / NanoSkin AutoScrub Pad / NanoSkin AutoScrub Sponge

Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9763.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9768.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9769.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9770.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9771.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9772.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9773.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL And it begins...    (2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray) IMG_9774.JPEG

Tier1Gear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited Wrangler
Dedication!

Nice work!! Wish I would’ve got mine before the dealer had their paws all over it....