First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Happen today in central Texas this morning. Young family member hit some black ice on the highway. I was told he walked away from Wrangler before ambulance carted him away on a stretcher.

No idea on number of flips but definitely stopped hard looking at passenger front tire buried in earth. Roll bar and cross member did their job and kept the cabin passenger area from being a crumple zone.

X-rays negative and already resting back at his place. Be careful out there.

Jeep Wrangler JL And he walked away.  Black ice reminder EEBAB895-D3F8-4431-98BE-CDBB9ACDC82B

Jeep Wrangler JL And he walked away.  Black ice reminder 38CCB982-E8F7-4C9D-B492-26D30BF4A572

Jeep Wrangler JL And he walked away.  Black ice reminder 7F8DF321-DB0B-462C-A49A-7CE4A3680689
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Wow, I've never seen that before. Hit so hard it makes other people's vision blurry, or did he hit so hard it pixelated the license plate? Glad he's ok.

Deleted member 59498

Wow, people can complain about a lot of things but many people walk away from Wrangler crashes.

Seen a video about a year ago of Wrangler falling off a bridge in Florida and they survived. Not sure how badly they were injured though.

Glad he is doing well. Another + for our Jeeps.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Damn thatā€™s nuts, glad the driver is ok. My brother hit some black ice in his TJ heading up big bear mountain and went through the guardrail. His jeep rolled at least 8 times before it landed right side up in between two houses. My brother came out unscathed, no scratches, no cuts, nothing...Iā€™m confident that the wrangler saved his life. His story is one of the reasons why Iā€™m in a wrangler and not something else.

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Happen today in central Texas this morning. Young family member hit some black ice on the highway. I was told he walked away from Wrangler before ambulance carted him away on a stretcher.

No idea on number of flips but definitely stopped hard looking at passenger front tire buried in earth. Roll bar and cross member did their job and kept the cabin passenger area from being a crumple zone.

X-rays negative and already resting back at his place. Be careful out there.

View attachment 708394

38CCB982-E8F7-4C9D-B492-26D30BF4A572.jpeg

7F8DF321-DB0B-462C-A49A-7CE4A3680689.jpeg
Poor Wrangler, glad your family member is okay. I never go on the highways when we get ice storms here in Texas. I always take side roads for just that reason. High speeds and ice never go well together!

Last edited:

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
Seen a video about a year ago of Wrangler falling off a bridge in Florida and they survived. Not sure how badly they were injured though.
If I remember that one, the Jeep went over the side of an overpass and ended up landing upside down on a minivan or something?

Integron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Thanks for sharing. My 18JLU Sport S is similar with no lift and AT 245 tires. Wonder if that setup helps or should I lift 'er 2 inches and put 35s on? Not sure if it will matter in Black Ice at high rate of speeds. My Sport S has the slip reducers in it, hill decent and traction control.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. My 18JLU Sport S is similar with no lift and AT 245 tires. Wonder if that setup helps or should I lift 'er 2 inches and put 35s on? Not sure if it will matter in Black Ice at high rate of speeds. My Sport S has the slip reducers in it, hill decent and traction control.
It won't matter with black ice at highway speeds. Or any ice at highway speeds, tbh.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Poor Wrangler, glad your family member is okay. I never go on the highways when we get ice storms here in Texas. I always take side roads for just that reason. High speeds and ice never go well together!
Nobody should be going high speeds on a highway during an ice storm... it sucks, but even 25 mph is too fast. Even if you have winter tires and 4WD/AWD.

Rain, slush, and snow is one thing... you don't fuck around with ice. (I'm not directing this at you)

I've been driving for over 30 years. I can drive on ice, but I still stay home unless it's absolutely necessary.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Glad to hear your family member is ok. Scary stuff.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Happy to hear everyone was ok. I'm kind of surprised that the roof got ripped off. Never seen that before on a roll over, but I'm sure it happens often.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Nobody should be going high speeds on a highway during an ice storm... it sucks, but even 25 mph is too fast. Even if you have winter tires and 4WD/AWD.

Rain, slush, and snow is one thing... you don't fuck around with ice. (I'm not directing this at you)

I've been driving for over 30 years. I can drive on ice, but I still stay home unless it's absolutely necessary.
I'm definitely not like that. I've been driving around for about 6 hours yesterday and about another six today. I plan on going out tomorrow as well. I've been sticking it to the more rural areas and using my common sense and knowledge of crappy weather to decide whether or not I should take some roads or others.

It's definitely dangerous, that's for sure. I've already offered to tow one dude back to his house. He declined, so I just gave him a piece of advice instead. Told him to turn off traction control because his all-wheel drive system was fighting against what he wanted. That's how I roll out here, 4High, with traction control and ESC off.

I'm a huge proponent in the fight against intelligent cars doing what the computer thinks it should do and not what I want it to do. Actually ended up in a ditch back when I had my Patriot because traction control kicked in during an older ice storm we had and caused me to slide into a ditch. If it had not enacted, I would have still been sliding straight, but instead it applied the brakes for me and I started going sideways. Ended up with no damage, but you better believe I turned traction control off real quick after that!

I don't ever screw around at anything over 30 mph. And even then, what I'm doing really isn't that safe. Just don't tell my wife that! :LOL:

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
glad he is OK. Main roads in DFW are better today but way too many people driving too fast for conditions that can change from one mile to the next. Only reason i was out is that my wife is a nurse and I had to get her to work.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I was thinking this was going to be a Diamond P Production.
Sponsored