Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Wife was T Boned by a bonehead who came barreling off the freeway totaled another car then proceeded to broadside my wife. It flipped and slide a good ways on its side. She had not a scratch. The rock slider saved the B pillar and her side. The safety belt did cut into he a bit till she managed to climb out the top side. Loved that 2015 JLUR.

8696.jpeg
Sponsored

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Happen today in central Texas this morning. Young family member hit some black ice on the highway. I was told he walked away from Wrangler before ambulance carted him away on a stretcher.

No idea on number of flips but definitely stopped hard looking at passenger front tire buried in earth. Roll bar and cross member did their job and kept the cabin passenger area from being a crumple zone.

X-rays negative and already resting back at his place. Be careful out there.

Jeep Wrangler JL And he walked away.  Black ice reminder 8696

Wow! Glad to hear they seem to be okay. Take care.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Wife was T Boned by a bonehead who came barreling off the freeway totaled another car then proceeded to broadside my wife. It flipped and slide a good ways on its side. She had not a scratch. The rock slider saved the B pillar and her side. The safety belt did cut into he a bit till she managed to climb out the top side. Loved that 2015 JLUR.

Wow. Glad she is okay.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Ice = bad juju. Black ice =sneaky very bad juju. The ONLY thing I’ve ever seen that actually helps on ice is (1)dedicated ICE tires or (2) chains. Otherwise traction simply doesn’t exist…

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Glad the driver is ok but just to clarify…

This is Black Ice:
Jeep Wrangler JL And he walked away.  Black ice reminder B666DE4E-E91E-4056-979A-3BB3B4FA09A7

This is ice on the road:
Jeep Wrangler JL And he walked away.  Black ice reminder F7445AB5-09EC-4604-B282-330A9B52E3C5

Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Ice = bad juju. Black ice =sneaky very bad juju. The ONLY thing I’ve ever seen that actually helps on ice is (1)dedicated ICE tires or (2) chains. Otherwise traction simply doesn’t exist…
I know the south doesn't have it, but salt works wonders on ice.

Slaphitter

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Glad the driver is OK!

On a lighter note, only because the drive walked away…anyone want to wager an over/under on how many Forum Members are thinking “hmm, I bet I could rebuild it into a salvage title wheeling machine”. *rolleyes. Haha

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I know the south doesn't have it, but salt works wonders on ice.
Many moons ago moved to Georgia after years in Iowa and Michigan. A little 2-3” snow was a Much bigger deal than a 10-12” snow up north😏. And you’re right-no equipment to deal with it plus zero experience among a lot of drivers-makes things “exciting”😳

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Jeep Wrangler JL And he walked away.  Black ice reminder F7445AB5-09EC-4604-B282-330A9B52E3C5
Glad to hear she was ok. I’ve always wondered how sliders would do in a side impact.

Sponsored

Vatdevil

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Door 6 Speed
It is good to know there were no major injuries. The rear roll crossmember broke, which could of injured a rear passenger. Wranglers flip much easier than many other vehicles. Be safe!

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Wow, people can complain about a lot of things but many people walk away from Wrangler crashes.
Another + for our Jeeps.
Well, many (in fact the vast majority) people walk away from crashes in all vehicles.

Question? How many other vehicles that drove through that stretch of road that day, near that time rolled over?

We have to be realistic with Wrangler and safety.

The Wrangler is pretty much the only passenger vehicle sold in America today without curtain/side air bags. In side impacts and rollovers that is what keeps people from banging their heads/bodies inside the vehicle and being ejected (though seatbelts are key there). What you don't see in that picture, and you would see in any other rollover vehicles, are the deployed curtain/side airbags (which don't deflate).

The Wrangler is also much more prone to rollovers than most other vehicles.

Jeep has always said that the removable roof prevents them from having curtain/side airbags. Well, the Bronco came along with curtain airbags and removable roof. So that was a total lie and shows indifference from Jeep to occupant safety.

Anyway - glad the driver is OK and that no kids or anyone else was in the back seat.

Bottom line - be real - If your loved ones rive your Wrangler, remind them that it is less stable than most vehicles, more prone to roll over, and does not have good side/curtain airbags if they do roll over.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Well they DO have side airbags that should keep the body in place and combined with a seatbelt should minimize the curtain bag need.
Sponsored