An ode to Jeep Cares

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Personally, I think that the JeepCares folks are terrific. They are at the nexus of pain between FCA (and their focus on profit over quality - they don’t care), a dealership network that is rooted in 1972 and generally doesn’t care, and the customer who just wants his $50k vehicle fixed once and fixed right.

The JeepCares folks come to work everyday, deal with complex issues and do a terrific job.

well done.
Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
That’s awesome to hear.
JeepCares reached out to me on this forum to help with an issue I’d posted. I didn’t take them up on it, but I though it was really cool that they cared enough to offer.
It’s cool to hear how well they took care of you. Kudos to JeepCares.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I think that the JeepCares folks are terrific. They are at the nexus of pain between FCA (and their focus on profit over quality - they don’t care), a dealership network that is rooted in 1972 and generally doesn’t care, and the customer who just wants his $50k vehicle fixed once and fixed right.

The JeepCares folks come to work everyday, deal with complex issues and do a terrific job.

well done.
That is true.

Unfortunately, if neither FCA nor dealers give a rat’s ass, there isn’t much JeepCares can do.

Let’s hope Stellantis is serious and invests in product quality, in dealer training and in the overall customer experience. Mr. Tavares has a track record for doing that at PSA and it paid off handsomely.

When they do, JeepCares will become unnecessary.

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
That is true.

But in the end, if neither FCA nor its dealers give a rat’s ass, there isn’t much JeepCares can do.

Let’s hope Stellantis is serious and invests in product quality, in dealer training and in the overall customer experience. Mr. Tavares has a track record for doing that at PSA and it paid off handsomely.

If they do, JeepCares will become unnecessary.
I’ve owned many brands from Ford/GM/FCA, Volvo/Acura/Nissan/Infiniti/BMW. Friends have had VW and Benz with bad experiences.

My experience is dealerships rarely care. Their sales people never know their product. That’s universal. They know one or two features they use to sell and beyond that are more illiterate on the matter than any Joe who did 10mins of online research.

Customer service after the sale is rarely any good either. Acura tried to scam my wife into paying for warranty work. Volvo gave me a base rental POS for two months when my 14kmI XC60 blew a gasket and broke a rod. That was the extent of my compensation. Nissan was my fave who told my wife a car was probably out of her price range and to look at used ones (two doctors who just graduated, bought elsewhere in cash). I had a Pontiac that Ohio AG had them buy back as a lemon. Had a Buick I was certain the dealer was purposely breaking crap just to keep it in the shop.

I could go on. Point is it’s rare for any of them to care. I didn’t buy at this dealership. I bought out of state for 9% under but they still treat me well. I attribute a lot of that to my attitude. I’m always grateful. Shoot the shit for a few mins. The mechanic had his first baby so I hung a gift card from the rear view for him.
As far as the car companies none of them care when you get up there. Jeep cares is like their rent-a-conscious. For that I give them credit. Their bottom line is profits. They at least try to remind them there are people on the other end of those wallets. The dealership I’m at just seem to be good people.

And for that, I thanks them.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve owned many brands from Ford/GM/FCA, Volvo/Acura/Nissan/Infiniti/BMW. Friends have had VW and Benz with bad experiences.

My experience is dealerships rarely care. Their sales people never know their product. That’s universal. They know one or two features they use to sell and beyond that are more illiterate on the matter than any Joe who did 10mins of online research.

Customer service after the sale is rarely any good either. Acura tried to scam my wife into paying for warranty work. Volvo gave me a base rental POS for two months when my 14kmI XC60 blew a gasket and broke a rod. That was the extent of my compensation. Nissan was my fave who told my wife a car was probably out of her price range and to look at used ones (two doctors who just graduated, bought elsewhere in cash). I had a Pontiac that Ohio AG had them buy back as a lemon. Had a Buick I was certain the dealer was purposely breaking crap just to keep it in the shop.

I could go on. Point is it’s rare for any of them to care. I didn’t buy at this dealership. I bought out of state for 9% under but they still treat me well. I attribute a lot of that to my attitude. I’m always grateful. Shoot the shit for a few mins. The mechanic had his first baby so I hung a gift card from the rear view for him.
As far as the car companies none of them care when you get up there. Jeep cares is like their rent-a-conscious. For that I give them credit. Their bottom line is profits. They at least try to remind them there are people on the other end of those wallets. The dealership I’m at just seem to be good people.

And for that, I thanks them.
I won’t detract from the fact that you got a great dealer. In fact I’m jealous. I too had a great Jeep dealer when I lived in Los Angeles. It was awesome.

Thing is, I’ve been buying Chryslers, Dodges and Jeeps for 30+ years, and have never seen dealer service be as bad as it is today. It got to the point that for two years I stopped going to the only Jeep dealer we have in town. The Service Manager was the biggest a-hole to ever walk on this planet. He would ridicule customers and belittle staff right in front of everyone. Eventually, even the dealer had to come to the realization that the manager was pissing off too many customers —and staff, so they fired his ass six months ago.

This is the most recent dealer service ranking: notice it is ALL FCA brands at the bottom of the chart. That’s no coincidence. Worse, it’s been like this for the past five years. So people on this forum have good reason to complain about Jeep’s customer treatment.

Jeep Wrangler JL An ode to Jeep Cares 1614530811558

Until the new management at Stellantis gets serious about fixing things, those of us stuck with dealers represented by these paltry scores can only sigh and hope.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, I worked at a CDJR dealership many years ago. It was a great experience but wouldn’t do it again.

Among other things, I learned that the way the automaker treats its dealers, in great part determines how dealers treat their customers.

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I won’t detract from the fact that you got a great dealer. In fact I’m jealous. I too had a great Jeep dealer when I lived in Los Angeles. It was awesome.

Thing is, I’ve been buying Chryslers, Dodges and Jeeps for 30+ years, and have never seen dealer service be as bad as it is today. It got to the point that for two years I stopped going to the only Jeep dealer we have in town. The Service Manager was the biggest a-hole to ever walk on this planet. He would ridicule customers and belittle staff right in front of everyone. Eventually, even the dealer had to come to the realization that the manager was pissing off too many customers —and staff, so they fired his ass six months ago.

This is the most recent dealer service ranking: notice it is ALL FCA brands at the bottom of the chart. That’s no coincidence. Worse, it’s been like this for the past five years. So people on this forum have good reason to complain about Jeep’s customer treatment.

Jeep Wrangler JL An ode to Jeep Cares 1614530811558

Until the new management at Stellantis gets serious about fixing things, those of us stuck with dealers represented by these paltry scores can only sigh and hope.
I don’t discredit your experience either. I agree. In old enough to remember when a dealership saw a customer as an investment in their future.

Those days are long dead in just about every business. Pretty much everything made today is junk at the cheapest price point analyzed to the penny the bare minimum of quality to churn a profit.

So I try my best to appeal to the lower levels. The service manager, the Jeep cares rep, those folks who if so inclined can work the system for you if/when possible.

Short version is make friends where you can.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Like most good " story telling", much is exaggerated, left out, or otherwise enhanced in the Tales of Woe concerning Wrangler issues. Are some of the "Waaaahs " real ? Absolutely. Are some of them incomplete, self serving,Trolls ? Question mark optional.
Speaking from the quaint ground of actual experience, " Jeep Cares " can be a great asset in solving issues. As in any transaction, your attitude and honesty can make or break said transaction.
So what explains them just ignoring you on a PM when you are polite an honest?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Count me among those who appreciate them. They've done good by me a couple of times. The dealership is the best I've worked with, from any manufacturer.
Sponsored