First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
FCA isn't typically known for their reliability and my jeep was my dream car for my midlife crisis. I was definitely concerned with reliability and dealing with the dealerships.

My Jeep has been solid until late summer when the battery was always charging (2020 JLUR 3.6M). Start stop never worked and I'd lose my accessory buttons for a few seconds when I'd start it. I had a few mods including electrical and was worried they'd chalk it up to that.

All said my jeep was at the dealer a little over a month. First changed battery, then battery sensor, then 3 weeks where FCA had the dealer perform tests, let it sit, and checked the battery after disabling various systems to look for the drain.

Throughout all this the dealer (Liberty Jeep in Pataskala) and Jeep Cares contacted me daily with updates. The mechanic came out and talked with me. I was offered (and declined) a loaner. They turned off my mods to make sure it wasn't those and ruled them out (yay).

Eventually it was fixed after another sensor change. But the point was just the communication. Just great to be told day by day what was going on. At one point they had discussed the possibility the mods were affecting the sensors and were even working on ways to rewire these for me if needed.

Jeep Cares also offered me several goodies to compensate me for the time without my jeep. I didn't complain, but they reached out.

In the end I had a great dealership and Jeep experience, my jeep was fixed, and I walked away with compensation that was above and beyond what I expected.

Brooklyn @JeepCares was great and so is Liberty Jeep in Pataskala, Ohio. Thanks to both.
Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Nice to hear a positive story about Jeep Cares and a dealership. A lot of negative comments here about both.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Great story. Thank you for sharing.

Unfortunately, the story stands out precisely for being rare.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Great story. Thank you for sharing.

Unfortunately, the story stands out precisely for being rare.
I guess I need to agree, I contacted JeepCares regarding a major issue I had in the past hoping for some acknowledgement and perhaps a statement of support or maybe even a discount voucher toward a new product. . I really didn't think they would do anything monetarily to help rectify my faith over the situation because of how much time has past though.

I do find it insulting to be ignored twice though even after I bumped them on the PM post to be sure they received it.

I guess I could be a jerk and light up this forum with negativity about my past experience but I really don't want to stoop that low.

Personally, I know my current dealer cares a great deal and perhaps the sales manager should get a corporate job with FCA to help straighten them out. If it wasn't for him, there is no way I would consider the new JLUR I have on order and I would continue to boycott this manufacturer spreading the word of their terrible unfair business practices toward me in the past and their decision to ignore me now.

I waited and watched to be sure they have been on the forum and they have posted many responses since my PM to them.

My dealer is certainly and absolutely great! I just wish the manufacturer wouldn't leave them to carry the brunt to satisfy me after the issues I had were no fault of the dealer themselves.

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I guess I need to agree, I contacted JeepCares regarding a major issue I had in the past hoping for some acknowledgement and perhaps a statement of support or maybe even a discount voucher toward a new product. . I really didn't think they would do anything monetarily to help rectify my faith over the situation because of how much time has past though.

I do find it insulting to be ignored twice though even after I bumped them on the PM post to be sure they received it.

I guess I could be a jerk and light up this forum with negativity about my past experience but I really don't want to stoop that low.

Personally, I know my current dealer cares a great deal and perhaps the sales manager should get a corporate job with FCA to help straighten them out. If it wasn't for him, there is no way I would consider the new JLUR I have on order and I would continue to boycott this manufacturer spreading the word of their terrible unfair business practices toward me in the past and their decision to ignore me now.

I waited and watched to be sure they have been on the forum and they have posted many responses since my PM to them.

My dealer is certainly and absolutely great! I just wish the manufacturer wouldn't leave them to carry the brunt to satisfy me after the issues I had were no fault of the dealer themselves.
Iā€™m hoping some good vibes will encourage @JeepCares to do more and get more responses like mine. I know that most of the posts on here are negative towards them but I can only speak to my experience. And letā€™s face it people are more likely to post when stuff goes wrong than right.

Brooklyn was the one I dealt with and she was phenomenal. Is my Jeep fixed? I hope so. Will it go back at some point? Most definitely. But at least this time around they treated me right and thatā€™s about the most I can ask for.

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m hoping some good vibes will encourage @JeepCares to do more and get more responses like mine. I know that most of the posts on here are negative towards them but I can only speak to my experience. And letā€™s face it people are more likely to post when stuff goes wrong than right.

Brooklyn was the one I dealt with and she was phenomenal. Is my Jeep fixed? I hope so. Will it go back at some point? Most definitely. But at least this time around they treated me right and thatā€™s about the most I can ask for.
I am glad you had a great experience with them. It's nice to have some encouragement..

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
JeepCares until they donā€™t. They promised to reimburse me for the amount of time I had my Jeep in the shop in 2019ā€“over 4 weeks, 5 drop offs. They gave me an arbitrary deadline to provide my monthly payment information so they could calculate what they were going to pay out and gave me less than 24hrs notice to provide the info otherwise they were reneging on that promise. My wife was in surgery, it was a Friday night, and I was staying in the hospital with her. I told @JeepCares that I couldnā€™t get them the information they needed until the next day and explained the hospital situation and they did in fact renege on that reimbursement. Jeep doesnā€™t care. We read about it all the time here.

Last edited:

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
When I contacted Jeep Cares about the steering box issue, they responded by contacting the dealer, arranging delivery of the correct part and the install. It all went to plan and I was without my Jeep for one day. No complaints here.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Like most good " story telling", much is exaggerated, left out, or otherwise enhanced in the Tales of Woe concerning Wrangler issues. Are some of the "Waaaahs " real ? Absolutely. Are some of them incomplete, self serving,Trolls ? Question mark optional.
Speaking from the quaint ground of actual experience, " Jeep Cares " can be a great asset in solving issues. As in any transaction, your attitude and honesty can make or break said transaction.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My JeepCares rep was fantastic when I was dealing with my ā€˜19 steering issues. He was proactive and did his best to help. My emails and notes of phone calls really helped me in arbitration, which I won :rock:.

However, when he did all he could do (and it seemed he didnā€™t get a lot of help from FCA), he transferred me to ā€œspecial handling.ā€ That rep was the most unhelpful ever. It was a month of talking in circles.

But! I got my replacement and love it. Whew.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Everything FCA does is inconsistent: the steering of one JL to the next, the electrical system of one JL to the next, the customer service of one dealer to the next, what mods void/donā€™t void your warranty, the treatment of one JeepCares rep to the next.

That inconsistency is what drives me mad about FCA.

I much rather see fewer fantastic experiences and more that arenā€™t so appalling. At least I would know what to expect.

timize

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
Hello, fellow MOJO member ;)

Glad you had a positive experience with the dealership! Iā€™ve never been to Liberty CDJR, but Iā€™ve had great experiences with Byers CDJR in Columbus.
Sponsored