my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Fantastic build on THE BEST COLOR OF JEEP.
I checked but didn't see any build stats (driveline, tire size, etc)?
Is that the 6.4L?
Are you running the factory D44's until you can swap in the 60/80? Curious how they'll hold up.
Also: What's the process like? Drive there, drop it off, then go pick it up?
I love reading about these JL Hemi conversions. Still kind of maybe considering down the road...
HANDS DOWN THE BEST COLOR!!!

Sorry I donā€™t really get on here that often so my current set up Iā€™m running are a Dana ultimate 44 up front with a rubicon rear, RPM aluminum steering, 3.5 inch lift from super lift, Alcon big brakes, method wheels wrapped in 37ā€™s Nitto Ridge grapplers

the process varies from person to person. It all depends on what youā€™re having them do and the availability of parts. Theyā€™ve had my Jeep since June 13ā€™th. The work they do is amazing and Iā€™m glad that I had them do the conversion! Maybe Iā€™ll get another Jeep and have them do another swap šŸ¤”
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code

Sorry I donā€™t really get on here that often so my current set up Iā€™m running are a Dana ultimate 44 up front with a rubicon rear, RPM aluminum steering, 3.5 inch lift from super lift, Alcon big brakes, method wheels wrapped in 37ā€™s Nitto Ridge grapplers

the process varies from person to person. It all depends on what youā€™re having them do and the availability of parts. Theyā€™ve had my Jeep since June 13ā€™th. The work they do is amazing and Iā€™m glad that I had them do the conversion! Maybe Iā€™ll get another Jeep and have them do another swap šŸ¤”
Sahara transfer case? Auto trans?
Really curious how those 44's will handle the 37s and Hemi power- at least until you can get the axle swap done.
The bracing and mounts they added to the frame look beefy. Are they going to paint it as well to prevent any rust, etc (I live in the rust belt)?
Do They upgrade the radiator too, or is it a stock radiator? I've heard cooling can be an issue with the 6.4L Hemi in the JKU's.
The biggest Question for me (other than how to do this with a 6 speed), is how I'd finance a mod like that. it's solid work and I've done the numbers/ talked to people who have done the swaps- definitely worth it. I've never had someone tell me "Man I wish I didn't Hemi Swap it!" Granted- if you're not buying a 392 it makes more sense to have someone do it for you (at least in my situation because I can barely weld). But it's still a big price tag that I've been trying to rationalize how to do it. Again, it sorta fits into a longer term plan I have, but it's going to be a while. And at that point- maybe i jus buy a 392? hahaha

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Sahara transfer case? Auto trans?
Really curious how those 44's will handle the 37s and Hemi power- at least until you can get the axle swap done.
The bracing and mounts they added to the frame look beefy. Are they going to paint it as well to prevent any rust, etc (I live in the rust belt)?
Do They upgrade the radiator too, or is it a stock radiator? I've heard cooling can be an issue with the 6.4L Hemi in the JKU's.
The biggest Question for me (other than how to do this with a 6 speed), is how I'd finance a mod like that. it's solid work and I've done the numbers/ talked to people who have done the swaps- definitely worth it. I've never had someone tell me "Man I wish I didn't Hemi Swap it!" Granted- if you're not buying a 392 it makes more sense to have someone do it for you (at least in my situation because I can barely weld). But it's still a big price tag that I've been trying to rationalize how to do it. Again, it sorta fits into a longer term plan I have, but it's going to be a while. And at that point- maybe i jus buy a 392? hahaha
I had them upgrade the transfer case while everything was apart! Iā€™m going to baby it while I have the 44ā€™s on. Itā€™s still my daily. As far as everything theyā€™ve welded on Iā€™m sure it was painted. Idk why they would do all that hard work just for it to be rusted and potentially destroy itself. The radiator is upgraded with the package so no worries about that.

As far as financing it just donā€™t smoke, drink, go to the bar/club, donā€™t date, avoid having a relationship, donā€™t get married, or have kids lol youā€™ll be amazed on how much money youā€™ll save! Lol

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Dude! Stoked! I am going to be vicariously living through you and thoroughly enjoying your photos of it's progression while I wait. October 4th is my scheduled date for the 505. Keep us updated!

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I had them upgrade the transfer case while everything was apart! Iā€™m going to baby it while I have the 44ā€™s on. Itā€™s still my daily. As far as everything theyā€™ve welded on Iā€™m sure it was painted. Idk why they would do all that hard work just for it to be rusted and potentially destroy itself. The radiator is upgraded with the package so no worries about that.
That's awesome. What case did you go with?
It's been a while since i looked over the packages, and I couldn't remember what was included. I think originally I was trying to figure out if I could do this myself in a garage- basically order all the parts, then tear down, build up, and hammer it out over a winter, or something- with some help from a couple friends. Still debating it. It's not just price, but downtime that would be a huge factor for me- hence, why I was doing the math on a 392 Rubi at some point.

As far as financing it just donā€™t smoke, drink, go to the bar/club, donā€™t date, avoid having a relationship, donā€™t get married, or have kids lol youā€™ll be amazed on how much money youā€™ll save! Lol
Waaaaay ahead of you on the first 3, but the rest? Too late. Although the reason I got my JLUR is because we had my kids and I wanted to be able to take them wheeling when they're old enough, so it kinda works out.

Not to get too off topic, but as far as financing a Hemi swap/392- I do have a loose plan, right now, and reevaluate every few months. We're getting pretty aggressive with paying off stuff because my wife and I want to buy a house and ultimately take our kids to all the national parks (or as many as we can get to) before they turn 18 and start their own path (college/ trade school/ military/ own business/ whatever). The Jeep is part of that as there will be some wheeling in there as well- so it basically comes down to how quick the miles rack up vs. how bad the rust gets.

Anyway, following this post because your build is dope, and again, you know... BEST COLOR OF JEEP.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Dude! Stoked! I am going to be vicariously living through you and thoroughly enjoying your photos of it's progression while I wait. October 4th is my scheduled date for the 505. Keep us updated!
lol join the club! With all my adventures and the modifications I do itā€™s wild!

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
That's awesome. What case did you go with?
It's been a while since i looked over the packages, and I couldn't remember what was included. I think originally I was trying to figure out if I could do this myself in a garage- basically order all the parts, then tear down, build up, and hammer it out over a winter, or something- with some help from a couple friends. Still debating it. It's not just price, but downtime that would be a huge factor for me- hence, why I was doing the math on a 392 Rubi at some point.

Waaaaay ahead of you on the first 3, but the rest? Too late. Although the reason I got my JLUR is because we had my kids and I wanted to be able to take them wheeling when they're old enough, so it kinda works out.

Not to get too off topic, but as far as financing a Hemi swap/392- I do have a loose plan, right now, and reevaluate every few months. We're getting pretty aggressive with paying off stuff because my wife and I want to buy a house and ultimately take our kids to all the national parks (or as many as we can get to) before they turn 18 and start their own path (college/ trade school/ military/ own business/ whatever). The Jeep is part of that as there will be some wheeling in there as well- so it basically comes down to how quick the miles rack up vs. how bad the rust gets.

Anyway, following this post because your build is dope, and again, you know... BEST COLOR OF JEEP.
I upgraded to the rubicon transfer case. I was originally going to do everything myself but back out of that idea since I didnā€™t wanna start it then find out Iā€™m missing something. Then that part be on back order for months.

If you plan on keeping your Jeep (like I am) have AMW do the swap. Youā€™ll save yourself a ton of headaches, time and money. They do provide a warranty so if anything goes wrong. Thatā€™s one thing Iā€™m actually happy about and Iā€™m sure the guys at AMW will take care of each and every one of their customers.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I upgraded to the rubicon transfer case. I was originally going to do everything myself but back out of that idea since I didnā€™t wanna start it then find out Iā€™m missing something. Then that part be on back order for months.

If you plan on keeping your Jeep (like I am) have AMW do the swap. Youā€™ll save yourself a ton of headaches, time and money. They do provide a warranty so if anything goes wrong. Thatā€™s one thing Iā€™m actually happy about and Iā€™m sure the guys at AMW will take care of each and every one of their customers.
Nice! that's good to know. Do they have the option to retain the manual trans? I know the owner was on the Truck Show podcast a while back and he mentioned they just completed the first ever 6.4L swap on a Gladiator with the 6 speed, and they were still working it out, but I haven't heard anything else.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Nice! that's good to know. Do they have the option to retain the manual trans? I know the owner was on the Truck Show podcast a while back and he mentioned they just completed the first ever 6.4L swap on a Gladiator with the 6 speed, and they were still working it out, but I haven't heard anything else.
Iā€™m not 100% sure about the manual option. Iā€™ll be sure to ask when I take a tour next Friday! Maybe Iā€™ll see one!

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired

100% correct on that color. I am so going to have to come see this once complete (im right up the road from you).

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
100% correct on that color. I am so going to have to come see this once complete (im right up the road from you).
Oh for sure! I might just got to the Nebraska car show they do on Saturday mornings once I get it back!