Sponsored

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
Its sad seeing 3 ribbon staff’s that have been in for 15 years! like where’s your 1724916 ribbons at?! Lol

I know if I get 42’s they’re going to come out with 50’s and just keep getting bigger and bigger lol I wonder if anyone daily drives their rig with 42’s?!
Do you ever watch stradman? He built a 6x6 jt and went 40>42 and it made a pretty big difference in looks
Sponsored

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Thanks! I’m working on getting Dana 60/80’s but I need to pay off this HEMI swap first before I can get those lol
how much did the new engine cost? I would like to get a Willys, keep it stock height, so my dogs have a easy time of getting in and out of the Jeep.
When Japanese car come running up beside me, I want to give them something to think about, with a 392.

Last edited:

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
Sahara transfer case? Auto trans?
Really curious how those 44's will handle the 37s and Hemi power- at least until you can get the axle swap done.
The bracing and mounts they added to the frame look beefy. Are they going to paint it as well to prevent any rust, etc (I live in the rust belt)?
Do They upgrade the radiator too, or is it a stock radiator? I've heard cooling can be an issue with the 6.4L Hemi in the JKU's.
The biggest Question for me (other than how to do this with a 6 speed), is how I'd finance a mod like that. it's solid work and I've done the numbers/ talked to people who have done the swaps- definitely worth it. I've never had someone tell me "Man I wish I didn't Hemi Swap it!" Granted- if you're not buying a 392 it makes more sense to have someone do it for you (at least in my situation because I can barely weld). But it's still a big price tag that I've been trying to rationalize how to do it. Again, it sorta fits into a longer term plan I have, but it's going to be a while. And at that point- maybe i jus buy a 392? hahaha
That's awesome. What case did you go with?
It's been a while since i looked over the packages, and I couldn't remember what was included. I think originally I was trying to figure out if I could do this myself in a garage- basically order all the parts, then tear down, build up, and hammer it out over a winter, or something- with some help from a couple friends. Still debating it. It's not just price, but downtime that would be a huge factor for me- hence, why I was doing the math on a 392 Rubi at some point.

Waaaaay ahead of you on the first 3, but the rest? Too late. Although the reason I got my JLUR is because we had my kids and I wanted to be able to take them wheeling when they're old enough, so it kinda works out.

Not to get too off topic, but as far as financing a Hemi swap/392- I do have a loose plan, right now, and reevaluate every few months. We're getting pretty aggressive with paying off stuff because my wife and I want to buy a house and ultimately take our kids to all the national parks (or as many as we can get to) before they turn 18 and start their own path (college/ trade school/ military/ own business/ whatever). The Jeep is part of that as there will be some wheeling in there as well- so it basically comes down to how quick the miles rack up vs. how bad the rust gets.

Anyway, following this post because your build is dope, and again, you know... BEST COLOR OF JEEP.
On the very day I was going to call AEV to schedule a HEMI swap in our 07 Rubi, jeep announced the 392. My lovely wife said buy new and get the warranty. (I LOVE HER)
The wait was a pita but (for us) I think it was the right choice.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
On the very day I was going to call AEV to schedule a HEMI swap in our 07 Rubi, jeep announced the 392. My lovely wife said buy new and get the warranty. (I LOVE HER)
The wait was a pita but (for us) I think it was the right choice.
Thats awesome! Congrats! I know it might have been cheaper to just buy the 392 Jeep but I rather keep this awesome color and all the memories I’ve made with it! Plus the face that I would do coil overs, Dana 60’s, 40’s, etc etc the warranty wouldn’t cover anything lol

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Congrats man, it’s gonna be awesome! Sincerely all us jealous mofo’s.
Thanks!! I know I wasn’t expecting to do the conversation BUT when things line up perfectly I knew I had to jump on it or else the opportunity might not come again!

Sponsored

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Well today has been an EXTREMELY long day! I’ve been up since 4am and been on flights and traffic all day! I FINALLY got my Jeep back! Ethan picked me up from the airport gave me a tour of the shop, took me out to lunch, and took me out on a test ride in a hellephant JT!!! The things they do in that shop are amazing! Hands down an amazing experience!

The 392 swap is AMAZING!!! Super quiet in the cab, I’m getting 15 mpg, TONS of power when I need it to pass or get away from someone (jerks who like to tailgate me). The suspension is super soft but that will get fixed on Monday with the coil overs! Here’s a couple of teaser pics for those who don’t follow me on Instagram lol

8018B30E-E0ED-453B-A87D-51C6AF27EC39.jpeg

DF4E64D7-C805-46C5-8891-E328987AB462.jpeg

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
have you tried a 0-60 time yet? And if you dont mind me asking, whats the rough cost of getting just the swap done? I thought I read 50k on a website once but that seemed a bit off.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
have you tried a 0-60 time yet? And if you dont mind me asking, whats the rough cost of getting just the swap done? I thought I read 50k on a website once but that seemed a bit off.
no 0-60s just yet. I don’t wanna put too much torque on either the Dana 44’s or the drive shafts. I still need to put 60’s under there before I can really go wild with it.

as far as price goes I don’t like to disclose that information. You’re more then welcome to get in contact with AMW and get a quote from them directly. You could want a lot more stuff then me like axles, suspension work, wheels and tires.
Sponsored