AMP Research

the.wilsons

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU High Altitude. 2018 Jeep Cherokee Altitude
Got a new 2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude Unlimited a couple of months ago and have just started some mods. Question is has anyone installed AMP Powersteps on a 2021? Ordered them from Quadratec, received them and have them installed. Everything worked good except the wiring. Called AMP Research and was told they have not been verified to work on 2021's. Called Quadratec and they offered a refund but don't really want to go through the hassle of removing them and not having the steps. Was wondering if anyone has installed them on a 2021 yet? The problem is not knowing if Jeep has changed any of the wire colors, I am using the over ride switch to use them now. I just don't want to mess up the computer by hooking them up wrong. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Sponsored

OP
OP

the.wilsons

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I seen the thread on the 2020's but don't know if there were any more changes to the 2021's.

OP
OP

the.wilsons

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they get yours installed and working, can you take some good pictures of where the wires hook up under the right front panel? Thanks, my wife would appreciate if I finished hooking hers up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

the.wilsons

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The steps are # 78132-01A Powerstep Xtreme and the switch is # 79105-01A. But I think the correct switch would be 79106. The steps fit and work great, just what she wanted. Just doesn't work with the doors only the switch.

OP
OP

the.wilsons

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogerutley, was wondering if they'd got your steps installed and are they working properly?

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have a friend that installed them on a 2021. They seem to work fine from the video he posted.

rogerutley

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Rogerutley, was wondering if they'd got your steps installed and are they working properly?
Just got Jeep back yesterday...Paid to have them installed...they work perfect as far as I can tell..I like them a lot...correct..switch is 7910601A

Sponsored

OP
OP

the.wilsons

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the switch figured out, I know Quadratec sold me more then needed. It's the wires under the passengers kickpanel I am unsure of. No one will say what the wire colors are for 2021 Jeep Wranglers. If you could pull the kickpanel off and get some pictures there, that would help me a lot. Sorry I just have never been the type to pay to have something done and would hate to have to pay for the 4 wires to be hooked up when everything else is done.

rogerutley

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I am sure this is not what you are looking for, but this all I see

Jeep Wrangler JL AMP Research 20201125_141038

Last edited:
OP
OP

the.wilsons

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is where I wish I could see better but know it's a hard place to get good pictures. I am guess they are wiring the same as the 2020's. Thanks for the help.

msims51

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1999 TJ Sahara
We just did a set about a month ago, but I'm not sure if it was a 20 or 21. I assume the issue is the same. I called Amp-Research and they were very helpful. If I am remembering correctly, the wire colors listed in their instructions are correct, but the molex plug color was different. Hope this helps.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Time to fire up the multimeter.
Sponsored