Sponsored

Amp Reasearch Blows Off 2020 JL Owners

Redrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Whatever you did to figure that out AMP could do just as quickly. Thank you for the info. You should put that in it's own thread for those looking for it.
Unfortunately, it was Amp that figured it out. I believe I called January 3rd to verify the steps would work on the 2020. I was put though to the Tech line and they told me to use the White plug instead of the Black one on the Jeep BCM module. Other than that, all the wire colors were the same. Two weeks later when they arrived and I was ready to wire them up, I called a second time to verify. Tech support said the same thing. It is a very clean install and I am happy with the product. The instructions however were lacking.

IMHO you have every right to be frustrated with Amp. Who ever told you they did not know how to wire them was not being honest. Who knows how many sales that person has cost the company. At $2000 a pop it could add up quick. At the price point the documents should be up to date, all they would need to do is add a small footnote for the 2020 model.

Anyway, you have a good looking Rubicon. Enjoy!
Sponsored

Last edited:

TylerBear

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Franchise Owner
Unfortunately, it was Amp that figured it out. I believe I called January 3rd to verify the steps would work on the 2020. I was put though to the Tech line and they told me to use the White plug instead of the Black one on the Jeep BCM module. Other than that, all the wire colors were the same. Two weeks later when they arrived and I was ready to wire them up, I called a second time to verify. Tech support said the same thing. It is a very clean install and I am happy with the product. The instructions however were lacking.

IMHO you have every right to be frustrated with Amp. Who ever told you they did not know how to wire them was not being honest. Who knows how many sales that person has cost the company. At $2000 a pop it could add up quick. At the price point the documents should be up to date, all they would need to do is add a small footnote for the 2020 model.

Anyway, you have a good looking Rubicon. Enjoy!
I am installing the XL on my 2020 Rubicon JLU, and I can’t find the solid violet wire for the driver door activation. I can find the wire on the harness at the driver door itself; however, I can’t locate the wire in the kick panel harnesses on the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I am installing the XL on my 2020 Rubicon JLU, and I can’t find the solid violet wire for the driver door activation. I can find the wire on the harness at the driver door itself; however, I can’t locate the wire in the kick panel harnesses on the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you figure it out? Does ANYONE have install pictures of the wiring in the kick panel for any year JL?

Redrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I missed your post, did you get it worked out?

Sponsored

Chvo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler high altitude Diesel
I think what most people are struggling with it’s this...
I just installed mine and after looking and looking for the violet wire for the driver door I went to the PIN number of the connector which is PIN number 9 and is listed as violet. The confusing part is after you’ve found all your other violet wires you come to find that this one is actually light purple. The Mopar wiring says driver door ajar wire is PIN number 9 in the white connector at the bcm. If you run into this roadblock like many others have you can do like I did and take your plug apart and verify PIN number 9’s color. Hope this helps and good luck! I removed the passenger seat and this is still pretty difficult to access. I’m 6’4 and 260lbs so yeah lol.

4088504A-4C59-4460-A6F2-11268F0B1C9E.jpeg

E8B7EE40-2053-4F06-9433-5939E5280A0D.jpeg
Sponsored