American Trail or Rampage rock rail side steps

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Anyone install either the American Trail Rock Rail Side Steps or the Rampage Trailcrawler Rock Slider Steps? Thoughts...like dislikes, any pics?
Sponsored

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I will be installing the American Trail Steps, the order is being processed so hopefully soon. I would've already had them but I was sent the Gladiator steps by accident so it is taking forever to get them. On a side note the steps are excellent quality. They are the same design except for the rear bump out and length but the front 3/4 are the same. I think they will look nice. I like they hide the pinch seam over the Rampage Steps. Most likely you will have a wait, I talked to the owner about my order and they are behind on orders. I will post pics here once installed.

OP
OP
Vandy23

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
They do look very nice and the quality looks good as well.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone install either the American Trail Rock Rail Side Steps or the Rampage Trailcrawler Rock Slider Steps? Thoughts...like dislikes, any pics?
The ATR Rock Rail Side Steps finally came in and installed them yesterday. It took forever. They are nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Trail or Rampage rock rail side steps IMG_1286

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vandy23

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Where did you order from? Still didn’t get mine. They look great!

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you order from? Still didn’t get mine. They look great!
This set directly from the Manufacturer. If you need to contact them, try email. The phone system is worthless, no one answers or returns voice mails.

OP
OP
Vandy23

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
got mine yesterday. Were any of your brackets not bent correctly? 3 of the 6 are wonky on mine and couldn’t even get them to fit.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
got mine yesterday. Were any of your brackets not bent correctly? 3 of the 6 are wonky on mine and couldn’t even get them to fit.
I had one on the drivers side I had to bend. The middle I needed a bar to bend then I put the bolt in. Passenger side no issues.

OP
OP
Vandy23

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
I had one on the drivers side I had to bend. The middle I needed a bar to bend then I put the bolt in. Passenger side no issues.
Thanks for info. A bit pissed that for $500+ I need to do any metal fab work. Not sure I’m keeping them!

Sponsored

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do these mount? Are they body bolt mount?
They are mounted using the same factory holes as the Rubicon rock rails, you do not use the body mount bolts. Simple install besides the quality control from the sound of it.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for info. A bit pissed that for $500+ I need to do any metal fab work. Not sure I’m keeping them!
I get it. My issue between getting the wrong ones and the huge delays I just dealt with it. I really liked the looked and no guarantee the next ones would fit either so I made the adjustments myself. I did find if you put the small bolts that go thru the pinch seem on first and tighten them slowly and evenly across all six of them that pulls the rails into better placement for the three larger bolts. If you try putting the three large bolts in first the holes are not even close.

HiLow1Go

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Can you share some pictures of how they mount and what the hardware looks like? i know its difficult now that they are on your jeep... just trying to see what it looks like since there are no pictures available...

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you share some pictures of how they mount and what the hardware looks like? i know its difficult now that they are on your jeep... just trying to see what it looks like since there are no pictures available...
Not sure if there are pics of the Rubicon Rock Sliders but they mount the same exact way. They provided hardware but you can use the same hardware from the Rubicon sliders. There is only three larger bolts that go in the factory holes and the pinch seems nuts again goes right in the factory holes. I had one bent mount that I had to bend, if not for that they are super easy to install. Dealing with company was not fun but in the end I really like them.
Sponsored