Sponsored

American Jeeper’s Mountain Goat - JLUR (now with first stage build video)

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Maximus-3/Rhino Pioneer roof rack before my wheeling trip this weekend. Also mounted a hi-lift mount and the CB antenna bracket mount. Everything held up great on the trip with no leaks after quite a long power wash session. Winch and front stubby bumper installation coming later this week!

FED8A2C7-5A4B-4AF4-AD65-DAF29FF47C55.jpeg
I have a similar setup like your CB antenna mounted on the reinforcement kit. I found my antenna can't stay straight up and leaning quite to the back. It kills my OCD but it seems the Mopar mount location has a built-in slope.

BTW: great videos on your YouTube channel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I have a similar setup like your CB antenna mounted on the reinforcement kit. I found my antenna can't stay straight up and leaning quite to the back. It kills my OCD but it seems the Mopar mount location has a built-in slope.

BTW: great videos on your YouTube channel.
It’s a good spot for it if it would stay upright. That bracket I have bends a bit, but the good thing is less banging on the back of the Jeep. Now that I have that tent mounted, I have to find another solution...

Thanks for watching by the way. Do you like more installs or the trips?

655852C6-8D86-46C6-890A-B544A511F894.jpeg

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Nice rig! I stumbled across your youtube page a few days ago, good stuff!

Even though I'm just a lowly sahara lol i'd like to make a trip to tuttle or ks rocks when the weather stays above freezing for a couple weeks... Are you in Topeka?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice rig! I stumbled across your youtube page a few days ago, good stuff!

Even though I'm just a lowly sahara lol i'd like to make a trip to tuttle or ks rocks when the weather stays above freezing for a couple weeks... Are you in Topeka?
I’m sure your Sahara would do just fine! Thanks for checking out my YouTube channel and glad you like it. I am in the Wichita area (Andover) and would love to get a trip going soon. Let me know if you have a date in mind and maybe we can connect!

Sponsored

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

This is my new Bright White JLUR, now named “Mountain Goat” or just Goat with help from the kids after the Jeep’s first trek to Colorado.

I have a lot of the same somewhat limited aftermarket parts on the Jeep that many of you do, but have done a little customization and found out a few things that might help a few of you looking to do the same thing.

***Edit***the first stage of my build video is done. Here is the link:

Here is the upgrade list so far with some mini-write ups:

2.5” Readylift spacer lift. This is the 4th wrangler I have lifted, and my first with this manufacturer. The kit itself is very complete for $400, including extension brackets for brake lines and even shock extensions. Also the spacers are metal, so you get the true 2.5” front/2” rear that was advertised. Instructions were clear and was the kit that allowed me to experience the Rubicon shocks and retain the stock ride somewhat. Some parts could have been painted better. If anyone is installing this and has questions let me know.

Firestone Destination MT/2 37 x 12.5 R17 on stock Rubicon rims with Synergy 1 5/8” wheel spacers. This is my first time with these tires and running spacers (Ihave run Duratracs, KM2’s, and KO2’s previously). The online tire reviews are awesome, so I figured what the heck. I don’t wheel a ton and do some highway driving, so a mud tire with road manners is important to me. So far these tires are awesome, handling some pretty gnarley rocks in CO and super quiet on the highway. The best part was I got them for a shade over $200 a piece with a 25% discount on purchases over $1000 special Firestone was running.

***By the way, I have pushed the flex on this combo as much as possible, and I have zero rubbing. The narrower 37” tire tucks nicely into the big Rubicon fender wells, and the spacer lift limiting upward spring travel probably helps some too. That 8 speed transmission is a champion with those tires too!

For the full-size spare, I am running a Mopar tailgate hinge reinforcement bracket and Rough Country Spare tire extension mount. This is a pricey combo, but easy install and I like not having to open a spare carrier and tailgate (lazy America, I know). I extended the stock third-brake light bracket, and it clears the tire perfectly. The RC extension advertises being able to run up to a 35” tire, but the 37” clears fine and hugs the Jeep well. It feels solid and no issues running it so far.

I am using my Smittybilt bikini top from my JKUR. To make it work, I had to drill two 1/2” holes that line up with the plastic guide rods the freedom tops sit in, and used 2 bolts, metal spacers, washers, and wing nuts to secure. The top tad narrow at the windshield channel, leaving a small gap between the top of the door, but is super secure all around and keeps the weather off the leather, man! Saved some money on a top, too.

I am modifying a bracket I found in my garage to mount my firestick CB antenna to the hole on the tailgate hinge reinforcement bracket. Looks like it will turn out fine, and I seriously hate the idea of spending $100 on a bracket. Seems like some manufactures are doing a little price-gouging due to high demand and limited options for us at this point.

Doors off I am running a $6 suction mirror from O’Reilly zip-tied to the side vent. This works fairly well and keeps me legal.

En-route from Brown Santa I have a Jerry can bracket I am going to figure out where to mount (probably rachet-strapped to the spare when I need it), Warn VR Winch (sadly/luckily never had to use my last winch on my last Rubicon in 2 years, so going with the cheaper model), Maximus 3 long Roof rack for RTT, and Hi-Lift bracket for the rack (so I can also take my Hi-lift wheeling and not use it like the winch).

I am still debating bumpers, but most likely getting ready to pull the trigger on a stubby that will accommodate the winch and retain factory fog lights. I’ll keep the rear until I find one I love and/or dent the stock one enough.

Other than that, even though mods are never done, I will stop there for a bit.

Down the road I may do different wheels, but I’ll see how the stock rim/spacer combo goes for a while. I want to keep things tight and narrow to protect the axles a bit and not be too much of a guinea pig on pushing the limits of them.

If anyone has any questions or wants pics of what I have done here, let me know. Thanks for reading; I hope you enjoyed and this helps you decide on what you want (or don’t want) to use to build your Jeep for you.

9BE06A58-3539-432B-82EE-8083E45C2EC0.jpeg
Hey man you stole my Jeep’s name lol

C6DAC2B4-ED36-4F39-B857-AB4DD77CB068.jpeg

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man you stole my Jeep’s name lol

C6DAC2B4-ED36-4F39-B857-AB4DD77CB068.jpeg
Ha ha well maybe we can share! I haven’t really used the name much since last summer actually.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
Ha ha well maybe we can share! I haven’t really used the name much since last summer actually.
No worries we are in different states. Used the name on my JKUR and then continued with the JL since I moved the plate over. Started as Mountain Goat but eventually just dropped the Mountain and went to Goat. However everyone asks what I’m the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T) at :CWL:

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No worries we are in different states. Used the name on my JKUR and then continued with the JL since I moved the plate over. Started as Mountain Goat but eventually just dropped the Mountain and went to Goat. However everyone asks what I’m the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T) at :CWL:
That is awesome. These things are like mountain goats!
Sponsored