Sponsored

American Jeeper’s Mountain Goat - JLUR (now with first stage build video)

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, do you have any trips planned to KS Rocks, Tuttle Creek, or SMORR any time soon?
I would love to say I did, however; work, family, and school are taking up all of my time. Hopefully in the spring we will have time to head out to all of them!

You have any plans on heading out to the trails?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to say I did, however; work, family, and school are taking up all of my time. Hopefully in the spring we will have time to head out to all of them!

You have any plans on heading out to the trails?
I know it’s a tough balance for sure. I just came back actually, and will either go to KS Crawl in a few weeks or Colorado sometime in early November.

I just posted this filmed at Kansas Rocks last weekend. It was wet!

If you ever want to plan even a day trip, let me know.

Sponsored

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a blast, as always great video. I will for sure take you up on the day trip, once we get out of the winter months.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
awesome build. looking at similar front end setup (bumper/winch) on jlu sport s. did you happen to notice any front end sag with the weight of bumper+winch? thanks!
Wow you resurrected an old one! Okay just a few months old but seems like a long time ago. Thank you for the kind words. I lost about a half inch with the bumper and winch combo. The bumper is just under 80 pounds so that isn’t as significant as some full-width options. These JL’s are a lot of fun to modify!

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Wow you resurrected an old one! Okay just a few months old but seems like a long time ago. Thank you for the kind words. I lost about a half inch with the bumper and winch combo. The bumper is just under 80 pounds so that isn’t as significant as some full-width options. These JL’s are a lot of fun to modify!
thanks for the info! with the potential new mod to my JL, I was searching through previous posts and saw yours with the redrock bumper, so wanted to get feedback on it. did you reuse the original skid under the stock bumper, or does the redrock drop low enough to effectively be a skid for the front steering/sway bars?

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the info! with the potential new mod to my JL, I was searching through previous posts and saw yours with the redrock bumper, so wanted to get feedback on it. did you reuse the original skid under the stock bumper, or does the redrock drop low enough to effectively be a skid for the front steering/sway bars?
Any time! I reused the stock plate under the plastic air dam. I think the combo works well, and besides a few holes in my steering stabilizer, no issues. That’s not the fault of the plate, it’s more an issue of the steering stabilizer location.

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
Firestone Destination MT/2 37 x 12.5 R17 on stock Rubicon rims with Synergy 1 5/8” wheel spacers. This is my first time with these tires and running spacers (Ihave run Duratracs, KM2’s, and KO2’s previously). The online tire reviews are awesome, so I figured what the heck. I don’t wheel a ton and do some highway driving, so a mud tire with road manners is important to me. So far these tires are awesome, handling some pretty gnarley rocks in CO and super quiet on the highway. The best part was I got them for a shade over $200 a piece with a 25% discount on purchases over $1000 special Firestone was running.

9BE06A58-3539-432B-82EE-8083E45C2EC0.jpeg
Where in the world did you get 37" tires for that cheap?? I want some!!!

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Where in the world did you get 37" tires for that cheap?? I want some!!!
Directly from Firestone at an already low price then 25% off. Hard to pass up and they have actually been great tires too.

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
Directly from Firestone at an already low price then 25% off. Hard to pass up and they have actually been great tires too.
If I run this 37" tire on my stock JLUR wheels and a 2.5" lift (new shocks and springs), do I have to use wheel spacers?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If I run this 37" tire on my stock JLUR wheels and a 2.5" lift (new shocks and springs), do I have to use wheel spacers?
If you don’t want to have issues with the tires rubbing the suspension and fenders, yes.
Sponsored