Sponsored

American Jeeper’s Mountain Goat - JLUR (now with first stage build video)

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
The bumper mounts needed a little work to get the holes to line up on the side brackets, but other than that the bumper slid into place easily. The mounting hardware was 17 mm nuts instead of the 18 mm on factory, but I doubt that will be an issue. Here is where the bumper mounts to the frame with four bolts on each side.

1F8B306A-2194-4A88-85E8-0174D446888A.jpeg

DF580071-28E1-40DD-9059-3BC75179A246.jpeg
Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good! If you don’t mind me asking, where did you purchase the Firestones? That looks like a great deal.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good! If you don’t mind me asking, where did you purchase the Firestones? That looks like a great deal.
Thank you! I went to my local Firestone-it’s a great group there and I have used them for basics for a long time, but never would have thought of them for Jeep tires. I was reading reviews and found the Destination MT2’s to be up there with the BFG KM2’s, which I had on my last JKUR and loved. They were already lower priced than comparable highly-rated mud tires in that size, but the same week I was Jeep (and therefore tire) shopping I checked my Firestone app for specials and found a 25% off $1000 or greater purchase with a Firestone card!

It was too good not give these tires a shot, and so far so good. In my experience, if you are buying tires and rims and want other options, Discount Tire Direct has the best pricing. They will mount and balance and ship to your door tax free, and if you run into any issues, the local Discount Tire store can assist.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I added this to the first post, but my first ever attempt at a YouTube video and the summary of my build so far is also here:

I will probably make another one after I get a few more mods done, and may do a few trail, gear, and/or parts reviews or install videos as time allows. Enjoy!

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lights are next. Considering two 5” round for the front bumper and low profile lights for the sides and rear of the roof rack. Maybe something outside of the hood, but want to make sure I am able to put the windshield down without issue. Decisions, decisions...any thoughts or suggestions let me know, thank you!

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
That bumper looks like my new favorite. Thanks for the detailed build thread, lookin good man!!! Nice video too!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That bumper looks like my new favorite. Thanks for the detailed build thread, lookin good man!!! Nice video too!!
Thank you! Extreme Terrain has so many affordable JL bumpers it will make your head spin. They figured out that the JK front bumpers fit the JL with one caveat: the fog light mounts are different. I got two of three screwed in their mounting points and zip tied the other.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Adding this video as I have done several of these as part of the build. This gives a little more info on some of my mods and may offer some helpful suggestions to a few people in the early stages with their JL:

dugout68

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (ordered), 2018 Dodge Durango GT, 2015 Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking the spacer lift? I am in the debate stage.
Love the color choice!
8E3E2807-F14A-40E5-BBD4-C78401D61A00.jpeg
Did you replace the grill inserts and headlight bezels? From your pic, the inserts look to have red tint on the mesh and the bezels look black (was thinking they were silverish stock).

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you replace the grill inserts and headlight bezels? From your pic, the inserts look to have red tint on the mesh and the bezels look black (was thinking they were silverish stock).
I didn’t. That pic is from @CalsJLUR, showing his JL that looks similar to mine. Cool look!

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I painted the grill insert with...

31459733-D9C9-4BE5-828F-E8109F9E9BB7.jpeg

& the light bezels are factory color! The angle of the picture throws it off.
Sponsored