American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
I just picked up the M.A.S.S. platform, fridge slide and drawers on a recent trip out to Utah. Got to meet Britt and his crew and they were very helpful and accommodating! I’ve installed the platform and test fitted the slider with my ARB 50qt. fridge on the driver side. I can confirm that the 50qt. fridge will not fit on the driver Side without some ingenuity. I’m working on a solution and I’ll post up once I figure something out. Having my fridge on the passenger side is just not a viable option for me...
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I just picked up the M.A.S.S. platform, fridge slide and drawers on a recent trip out to Utah. Got to meet Britt and his crew and they were very helpful and accommodating! I’ve installed the platform and test fitted the slider with my ARB 50qt. fridge on the driver side. I can confirm that the 50qt. fridge will not fit on the driver Side without some ingenuity. I’m working on a solution and I’ll post up once I figure something out. Having my fridge on the passenger side is just not a viable option for me...
I used washers under the rear seat brackets to tilt it up a little.

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
I used washers under the rear seat brackets to tilt it up a little.
Yes, I saw that in your prior post. I may go that route but I’m a little put off about angling the already upright rear seats further forward. Not that I ever ride back there but occasionally I do have passengers. I’m going to try and figure out a way to move the slider rearward on the platform (closer to the tailgate) and then work around the “obtrusive“ red release handle. It’s only the left side release that would be in the way. I’m considering drilling a 7/8” hole into the “hump” in the rear tailgate to allow the tailgate to close without striking the release. I’ve already test fitted the fridge on the platform alone, without the slider and I know it will fit. It’s just going to have to be massaged. I’m also thinking about simply removing the left side slider lock.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Yes, I saw that in your prior post. I may go that route but I’m a little put off about angling the already upright rear seats further forward. Not that I ever ride back there but occasionally I do have passengers. I’m going to try and figure out a way to move the slider rearward on the platform (closer to the tailgate) and then work around the “obtrusive“ red release handle. It’s only the left side release that would be in the way. I’m considering drilling a 7/8” hole into the “hump” in the rear tailgate to allow the tailgate to close without striking the release. I’ve already test fitted the fridge on the platform alone, without the slider and I know it will fit. It’s just going to have to be massaged. I’m also thinking about simply removing the left side slider lock.
i thought about modding the back seat as well but got a little concerned about safety..

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
So I got a question about the MASS fridge slider, will an ARB 50 fit on this slider if I have the 40% rear deleted? I'm assuming yes you can just mount the slide a little further back to clear the door, but would like to be certain.

Sponsored

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
Incidentally, I already mentioned that while I was at the AAL workshop, I gat to meet Britt and his crew. I was offered a tour of his shop and got to see some pretty cool future products they are working on. Britt also let me take a look at his own personal Jeep rigs and see how they were outfitted. He has the ARB 37qt. fridge installed in his JLU Wrangler and it fits perfectly. The 37” and 50” share that same footprint but the 50” is taller, which places it in contact with the angle of the rear seat. I made him aware of this forum topic and related to him that there are potentially many who would purchase if we can simply find a way to get the larger fridge on the driver side. He told me that he actually has a new flat-top slider design that he’s going to be working on that will allow you more flexibility in positioning the fridge on the slider itself. That might be a viable solution. We’ll see...

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
So I got a question about the MASS fridge slider, will an ARB 50 fit on this slider if I have the 40% rear deleted? I'm assuming yes you can just mount the slide a little further back to clear the door, but would like to be certain.
From my test fittings, it seems that both of the seats would have to be either folded down or removed. Even with the 40 percent folded down the remaining 60 hits the back of the fridge. The fridge is too wide to miss the 60 percent completely.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
From my test fittings, it seems that both of the seats would have to be either folded down or removed. Even with the 40 percent folded down the remaining 60 hits the back of the fridge. The fridge is too wide to miss the 60 percent completely.
Thanks for the info! Looks like ride-alongs are gonna be a thing of the past, walk or buy your own jeep suckers.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I don’t believe there is any way for the current slider and 50qt fridge to fit on the driver side without some type of modification. Either tilt the rear seat up or remove the red locking tabs on the slider as mentioned or drill holes into the rear tailgate to accommodate the release tabs (never thought of that one..).

A quick note to mention. When I first received my slider the red locking tab was broken on one side (flush with the front) however I was still able to use my finger to release the tab. Maybe this is something I will pursue. Hesitant to drill holes into the rear tailgate haha

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So I finally had some time to play with the rear setup. Decided to cut off the left side locking tab and bend up the spring release so is it’s easy to unlock. I know this will have the slider not locked in place in the closed position with the fridge installed but this is the way I did it. Pics below..

4C3F92F2-B633-4E8E-B855-8F68B60A45BD.jpeg

15556DE8-33BB-4BD2-9F7C-F78D1809D98A.jpeg

02121FD8-D041-4E3C-9042-5EBB410EABCD.jpeg

Sponsored

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Hello everyone! I have a DFG slide for a Dometic cfx3 45. Anyone attach this slide to the AAL platform? Thanks in advance.

Wheezy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Well... I just ordered the updated ARB ZERO 47. From what I can tell it's about an inch shorter than the 50. Hoping it fits without much hassle.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well... I just ordered the updated ARB ZERO 47. From what I can tell it's about an inch shorter than the 50. Hoping it fits without much hassle.

On their website they now say the dometic fits, forget the model but they verified it fits on driver side. Good luck!

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Hello everyone! I have a DFG slide for a Dometic cfx3 45. Anyone attach this slide to the AAL platform? Thanks in advance.
Never mind my post. I have ordered the AAL slider to match my AAL platform. They are going to drill holes to fit the CFX3 45 to their slide.

gridsquares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi all, any idea if the National Luna Legacy 50 will fit on the driver side using the AAL slide? Its footprint is very similar to the ARB 50. The passenger side is not an option with my tailgate table in place.
Sponsored