First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Thag looks really clean. I like the red drawer face. Their price on the platform, all things considered, is actually really reasonable. It's the $600 drawer that's holding me back.
same. I started this thread because price of platform was good. Then I priced slide for fridge and drawers and backed out.
Sponsored

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I did and loved it. I messed with the wiring a little more after the pic taken to make sure it was clean and looked nice, then covered it with a cover. I used a 100a junction box and screwed it to the back of the cargo tray.

We used the AAL wiring kit that plugs into the 12v and ran it to a self resetting 15a breaker. Used their battery box with a pc1100 battery. Going to the junction box I ran the compressor (2x30a), rear cargo light and the arb wiring kit for fridge. Used the next venture fuel door air line and drilled a hole while using a 1/4” grommet to run it thru

Brett

EE804DBD-295D-4462-86D9-56F3EAF3F139.jpeg

3C6B2DA8-F468-44B1-BFED-0331D7FC81D8.jpeg

518FB4A4-B0A9-416D-9176-42D54C8786C4.jpeg
How I wish I was located in Texas to have you guys do my work! Great installs and choice of products from what I can see!

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
Does the drawers rattle?
So I did have a rattle issue at first. Finally bothered me enough that I pulled the drawers out only to figure out that I didn’t seat them properly. They were secure but not fully seated. Once I fixed that the only thing I could hear was tools in the drawers so I got the mats you would use for silverware, dishes, or a shelve and threw that down inside each drawer and everything is good to go. I do have to keep an eye on my fridge because it will loosen the bolts on the legs pretty easy and rattle. But I could probably fix that with a little loctite or something. Just has been enough pain in my neck to do something about yet.

Alpha

First Name
Alif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So I did have a rattle issue at first. Finally bothered me enough that I pulled the drawers out only to figure out that I didn’t seat them properly. They were secure but not fully seated. Once I fixed that the only thing I could hear was tools in the drawers so I got the mats you would use for silverware, dishes, or a shelve and threw that down inside each drawer and everything is good to go. I do have to keep an eye on my fridge because it will loosen the bolts on the legs pretty easy and rattle. But I could probably fix that with a little loctite or something. Just has been enough pain in my neck to do something about yet.
Thanks for the response!

Sponsored

Stretch0305

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Sorry took awhile to respond here. So far I like it a lot. I think it’s probably a little bit heavier than I had imagined but it’s pretty dang solid. Took me a while to dial it in with their mounting system. This was more on me not fully understand what it needed to look like and they have since started sending out directions for this. I got the fridge slide in and now have a second 6 inch drawer. I like that they included dividers for your drawers and you can take them out as you see fit. If your looking for any specifics ask away.

F51F26C8-1CD3-412D-B780-FC5FAB615910.jpeg
Means212, I’m getting ready to order a similar setup and I’m running the arb 50 quart as well. A couple questions. Did you ever get the shelf? I’m curious how much useable space you get with it over the 50 quart. Also American Adventure Labs says that fridge only fits on the passenger side. Did you do modifications to make it fit on the drivers side? Lastly are you still happy with the system?

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
Means212, I’m getting ready to order a similar setup and I’m running the arb 50 quart as well. A couple questions. Did you ever get the shelf? I’m curious how much useable space you get with it over the 50 quart. Also American Adventure Labs says that fridge only fits on the passenger side. Did you do modifications to make it fit on the drivers side? Lastly are you still happy with the system?
I haven’t gotten the shelf yet. Haven't felt the need to pull the trigger on it quite yet and updated other things. I hadn’t seen where they stated it didn’t work. Would have been good to know a long time ago though. Either way I didn’t have to do any modifications. I took a look at my seats not sure what the difference would make in the passenger side though. The issue you will have is that you will have to release the fridge slide to drop the driver side rear seat. I have avoided this by running either my seat down because it puts tension on the fridge slide or just going around back releasing the fridge a few inches forward and then I can drop the seat without issue. Either way I don’t have the issue enough that I felt a need to modify. Personally I don’t use the slide near as much as I thought I would though and usually reach in without even bothering to pull the fridge out. Not sure if this is just habit from before I had it or what. In the future I will like upgrade my fridge and just go a little smaller though. Only because as nice as having the 50qt is I don’t use it to maximum capacity the way I thought I would. Probably could get away with something a little smaller. Live and learn.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious because I’m looking at ordering too and I can’t find anywhere on their site where the fridge has to be mounted on passenger side. All the pics even have it mounted on the driver side.

Stretch0305

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Just curious because I’m looking at ordering too and I can’t find anywhere on their site where the fridge has to be mounted on passenger side. All the pics even have it mounted on the driver side.
I’ve talked to them, but it does say it some where. They claim the issue is the locking mechanism of the rear door. The plate and the fridge slide raise the height slightly and the rear seat then limits how far back the fridge can sit. Apparently it can work either side. Good news.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I dont know how you mounted the 50qt fridge with slide on the driver side. When I installed in that configuration the slider wouldn’t lock with the fridge installed. If you move the the slider further back one notch the red release tabs hits the door as it’s contoured for the door handle latch. Your rear seat latch/lock system must have a little bit play or something for it to work. I really wanted the fridge on the driver side but ended up moving to passenger side.

Last edited:

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
On another note I saw DPG(I believe that’s the company) has a low profile slider which may work but I haven’t bought and attempted it yet. When I get a rear door table I’ll see how this configuration does out in the wild.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform C63C37C7-2749-488A-A790-8CDAD82D3F79

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I installed the battery kit, arb compressor bracket. My setup runs a wire from the main battery to a redarc. I also spiced in another 12v connector to the main battery and an sae connector to the remote battery, so I also have the option of charging the remote battery with a jackery battery and charger. also can use the sae plug For regulated solar. I mistakenly paid extra for the redarc with solar. It is for unregulated solar probably for RV crowd. I previously had a genius charger upfront and ac extension, so if I am working from home for weeks on end I can leave the jackery and charging setup in the back and charge everything off the front battery and genius battery charger.

there is a shit ton of wiring here, + several fuses.

This battery powers: 1) arb fridge, 2) arb dual compressor, 3) backup lights, 4) tailgate table light, 5) ham radio, Extra Wiring for 1) main battery 12v, I converted the stock rear 12v to acc power and tapped that to trigger the redarc, and illuminate arb compressor switch 2) sae charging port, 3) remote led to verify the redarc is charging,

wiring is still a bit messy, I did cr,imp and solder nearly everything. Everything works as expected. The fridge and drawer will hide a lot..
Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform 8A690116-C2B4-4EFC-B221-B532FC4A2C0C
Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform 8EB96D15-947C-485D-9E3E-377C87A1AAFC
I ran out of inline fuses and admittedly soldered a fuse inline for the remote led. I tend to cut and solder rather than deal with plugs anyway. Hope I never blow a fuse as I will have to yank my fridge to fix it..

hopefully tomorrow I will put the other panel on and install the cargo shelves.

the pictures are intended to show what was involved certainly not to show wire routing techniques... i should have helped my buddies building booming systems in their Honda’s when I was younger I may have learned something.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Sorry took awhile to respond here. So far I like it a lot. I think it’s probably a little bit heavier than I had imagined but it’s pretty dang solid. Took me a while to dial it in with their mounting system. This was more on me not fully understand what it needed to look like and they have since started sending out directions for this. I got the fridge slide in and now have a second 6 inch drawer. I like that they included dividers for your drawers and you can take them out as you see fit. If your looking for any specifics ask away.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform 8EB96D15-947C-485D-9E3E-377C87A1AAFC
I can’t clear the door in that position, I had to move it passenger side but doubt I can get the 6” drawer like that. Hum wonder what I did wrong. I suspect the 50qt can’t fit on drivers side.

Last edited:

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I installed the battery kit, arb compressor bracket. My setup runs a wire from the main battery to a redarc. I also spiced in another 12v connector to the main battery and an sae connector to the remote battery, so I also have the option of charging the remote battery with a jackery battery and charger. also can use the sae plug For regulated solar. I mistakenly paid extra for the redarc with solar. It is for unregulated solar probably for RV crowd. I previously had a genius charger upfront and ac extension, so if I am working from home for weeks on end I can leave the jackery and charging setup in the back and charge everything off the front battery and genius battery charger.

there is a shit ton of wiring here, + several fuses.

This battery powers: 1) arb fridge, 2) arb dual compressor, 3) backup lights, 4) tailgate table light, 5) ham radio, Extra Wiring for 1) main battery 12v, I converted the stock rear 12v to acc power and tapped that to trigger the redarc, and illuminate arb compressor switch 2) sae charging port, 3) remote led to verify the redarc is charging,

wiring is still a bit messy, I did cr,imp and solder nearly everything. Everything works as expected. The fridge and drawer will hide a lot..
I ran out of inline fuses and admittedly soldered a fuse inline for the remote led. I tend to cut and solder rather than deal with plugs anyway. Hope I never blow a fuse as I will have to yank my fridge to fix it..

hopefully tomorrow I will put the other panel on and install the cargo shelves.

the pictures are intended to show what was involved certainly not to show wire routing techniques... i should have helped my buddies building booming systems in their Honda’s when I was younger I may have learned something.
In hindsight you need to be careful with clearance and mass connectors. I got lucky none of them are near a hot lead on my setup,

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
You do have to use both pull tabs. When they sent it one was broken and it was a pain. They quickly sent me a replacement though. I don’t find it to be as much of a pain to use both as I thought it could have been. To remove everything is where this system weaknesses comes into play. To remove it you have to separate all drawers from each other. It’s not super challenging since it’s four screws attached to their connectors but just extra steps. They are quite heavy and with the length can be awkward. They more you do it, it does get much easier. If you had asked me after the first time I would have said send it back but now I’m good with it and don’t mind. I have the 50qt ARB and will say that it maxes it out. I have to move the fridge forward to pull my chair down. It’s weird and I haven’t spent the time to figure what’s really the issue. Because of the angle of the seats you def couldn’t go any larger. You could however go without the slide. I did this for some time and still find myself forgetting that I have that capability.

I do do the vinyl myself. I had no experience with it and I will say it was super easy. Lucky is a fairly flat surface so that made it that much easier.

let me know if you have any other question or want some pics of it against the seats
I can’t figure out how you got the arb 50 set back that far. I can’t get the seat back up with fridge slider in the position yours in.
Sponsored