American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I can’t figure out how you got the arb 50 set back that far. I can’t get the seat back up with fridge slider in the position yours in.
I got the ARB 50qt to fit with the DFG slider. I did some modifications to the slider and it can fit with the rear seats up. The fridge sit about two inches from the side- I had to install a new electrical plug because it was too close to use the one in my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform IMG_4327
Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform IMG_4328
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
On another note I saw DPG(I believe that’s the company) has a low profile slider which may work but I haven’t bought and attempted it yet. When I get a rear door table I’ll see how this configuration does out in the wild.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Labs Rear Cargo Platform IMG_4328
I’m like an inch away from being able to close the rear seat, that’s after taking the feet of and the rubber matt. I really don’t like the fridge on the passenger side with the tailgate table. Any ideas? Is there slop in the seat bolts?

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m like an inch away from being able to close the rear seat, that’s after taking the feet of and the rubber matt. I really don’t like the fridge on the passenger side with the tailgate table. Any ideas? Is there slop in the seat bolts?
I don’t think there’s slop in the seat bolts.... that would be dangerous I think haha

a few things I can think of why the one guy was able to fit his. The bolt holes on the slider bottom and the bottom plate holes may be not the exact same spec as ours. Different production runs may have some different specs/tolerances. Without careful measurement it probably would go un noticed. That’s just a theory I have..

A solution for us might be to drill new holes in the slider bottom plate, they are round so shouldn’t be too hard just would have to measure a few times to see if it would help moving the slider forward a bit while still clearing the door. For instance in my case I moved the whole slider out one notch in the bottom plate and it moved the fridge toward the rear door, however now I have about an inch in the back side of the fridge before it touches the rear seat. If I drill new holes towards the door on the bottom slider I can have the fridge moved back where it’s just touching the seat and maybe this will give me the clearance needed when trying to close the door. I can fit my hand between the fridge and rear seat so maybe 3/4 inch..

image.jpg

image.jpg

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Either that or the dpg slider, it does not have the red lock/release tabs so that would most likely work as well. Just would need to drill the holes for the AAL lock things to work.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Now looking at it some more I don’t know... did you try and have the fridge on the driver slide just sitting on top of the platform with out the slider? That will definitely be able to tell us if it will fit or not. From the front of the fridge would need another inch clearance for the red patches... next time I have mine apart I’ll play with it

image.jpg

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I was thinking about pulling the seat cover off and removing some material. I have had mine in and out the only way it fits is if the custom fasteners are partially engaged, but looks super sketchy. I used all the slop in the frig slider holes and the mounts for the plates. I’m down to needing roughly half inch. Tilting the seat slightly forward seems to be the path of least resistance. I broke several mass connectors trying to force it closed.

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
Looking at your picture I was able to get my fridge slide in line with my drawers. I’ll try to get a picture of this and how it looks from the back side. I wonder if they don’t have different hole patterns now. I was probably one of the first to order the setup back when he first brought it out so I’m sure they have made some changes.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looking at your picture I was able to get my fridge slide in line with my drawers. I’ll try to get a picture of this and how it looks from the back side. I wonder if they don’t have different hole patterns now. I was probably one of the first to order the setup back when he first brought it out so I’m sure they have made some changes.
let me know if the base plate almost come into contact with the rear door latch hump when closed too. Mines such a tight fit it’s actually rubbing the paint a bit.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Ok, I got it to mostly fit, the fridge latches, the seats lock, the mass connectors are engaged, the tailgate closes. Certainly I have to pull the fridge to unlatch the seats, and sometimes have to latch the fridge and then close the seats.

The rear seat bolts are a pain and there is a few I couldn’t easily get an impact on. So here is my unorthodox approx. I didn’t want to get out the Angie grinders and plasma cutter if it didn’t fit and my trig and measuring skills indicated it might fit, or will not fit, so here is what I did.

The middle where the bolt is I pulled it and put a washer below the bottom bracket and between the 2 brackets, the outsides with a stud, I wedged a washer in and tightened. Now that it mostly fits, I will slot the washers and install more properly next time I take it apart, The photo didn’t turn out on the outside studs.

3ECD875C-6B77-4956-BD53-02A5C3B6D570.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nice, figured that would be the easiest way to angle the seats up and make some more room. I’ll try it in a few weeks when I run my cb and ham wires..

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Nice, figured that would be the easiest way to angle the seats up and make some more room. I’ll try it in a few weeks when I run my cb and ham wires..
I vhb taped my ham radio behind the drawer I think it will be fine.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I vhb taped my ham radio behind the drawer I think it will be fine.
Nice, yeah I don’t have a permanent setup. Running the uv5r for now. Just going to install the wiring and antenna along with the cb stuff at same time. While at it adjust the evo rear tire carrier, move stuff around etc..

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Nice, yeah I don’t have a permanent setup. Running the uv5r for now. Just going to install the wiring and antenna along with the cb stuff at same time. While at it adjust the evo rear tire carrier, move stuff around etc..

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Off topic but do you get in Interference with you uv5r inside your jl? I do and so did someone else’s with my radio.
Sponsored