Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

For those who chose the power coating over the bare aluminum, and issues with the powder coating showing marks from stuff moving around on it, taken in and out, etc? Trying to decide if the powder coating was worth it.

Thanks
Sponsored

HIAZAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I ordered the fire extinguisher mounting kit which includes both the bracket and the H3R NB300 mount from Cool Tech. I went to my local fire extinguisher company and bought Amerex fire extinguishers which are rated 1A:10B:C. You might be able to find the brackets for a few dollars less on Amazon, but I like dealing with small businesses trying to serve our Jeep community. I found it refreshing to be able to call and email Kendall (the owner) who answered all my questions. BTW, as a 37-year veteran of the fire service, I'd recommend a fire extinguisher rated at 1A:10B:C which I found to be the highest rating of an extinguisher that will fit the mounting kit.
Thank you very much for the info on the mount and the extinguisher. This was very helpful.

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
For those who chose the power coating over the bare aluminum, and issues with the powder coating showing marks from stuff moving around on it, taken in and out, etc? Trying to decide if the powder coating was worth it.

Thanks
Yes I noticed some scuffing. I'm real careful now but have resigned myself that it will get scuffed. If I had to do it over, I'd look into getting it anodized. If it gets too scuffed and I can't live with it, I may still go that route.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I noticed some scuffing. I'm real careful now but have resigned myself that it will get scuffed. If I had to do it over, I'd look into getting it anodized. If it gets too scuffed and I can't live with it, I may still go that route.
@Glen722 I finally have my two drawers and slide installed!
When me met you stated that you wish you had to a drawer free to store camping or lunch stuff to accommodate your fridge. I wanted to share with you these bags I have that store underneath each side of the back seats. I keep recovery gear in one and tire stuff in the other. I've had these for three years now and they have held up great. Plus I have a full drawer free for when I need it!!!

https://www.jeepswag.com/dirt-bagz-under-back-seat-storage-bags

This is a 2 pack.

I added on the labels, but the bags are surprising large.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab's base and fridge slide IMG_0779
Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab's base and fridge slide IMG_0778

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
When me met you stated that you wish you had to a drawer free to store camping or lunch stuff to accommodate your fridge. I wanted to share with you these bags I have that store underneath each side of the back seats. I keep recovery gear in one and tire stuff in the other. I've had these for three years now and they have held up great. Plus I have a full drawer free for when I need it!!!

This is a 2 pack.

Brew211, that looks like a great solution! Thanks.

Sponsored

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

This is a 2 pack.

Nice bags. Thanks for the suggestion! I was just thinking about storing items in this location the other day. Might use one of these for recovery/air and a blue ridge or step22 tool roll on the other side. At least until I do a 60% delete.

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking of getting it anodized as well. Im not sure if I'll do a drawer, so pulling totes in and out would scratch up the powder coating.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain

Thanks
If you like the look of the coated stuff, get it and just expect to get some marks on the loading surfaces. Their price for powder coating is very reasonable in my experience. I chose to get everything bare and am having just the drawer faces, the cargo shelf mounting brackets, and the cargo shelf rails powder coated wrinkle black locally. Going to cost me more to coat those few pieces than it would have to have everything coated prior to delivery! lol... Hoping they're done tomorrow so I can finish my install.

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

If you like the look of the coated stuff, get it and just expect to get some marks on the loading surfaces. Their price for powder coating is very reasonable in my experience. I chose to get everything bare and am having just the drawer faces, the cargo shelf mounting brackets, and the cargo shelf rails powder coated wrinkle black locally. Going to cost me more to coat those few pieces than it would have to have everything coated prior to delivery! lol... Hoping they're done tomorrow so I can finish my install.
Yeah I ended up ordering the MASS platform bare. I'm going to run it like that for a while then probably get it hard anodized it at a later time. That will hold up much better than powder coating. I did have them powder coat the remote bracket for my compressor setup. Did that in the textured black. Turned out really well.

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Has anyone successfully made a ARB 63 or 82 slide fit on this platform? I'm dying to pick one up but have a ARB 63 and looks like it'll come up short by about an inch.

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Anyone have pics of the AAL Fridge Slide and a 50QT ARB? Specifically the driver’s side. Can you still leave the rear seats
up with the 50QT installed on the slide? And if anyone happens to have a pic of the AAL Fridge Slide/50QT ARB and the MASS Shelf that would be much appreciated :like:

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
WashingtonWetWheeler and MSparks909, I have a 37-quart ARB refrigerator and the refrigerator lid hinge just touches the back of the rear seat when the slide is stowed. If the 50, 63, or 82 are longer than the 37, I don't see how it will fit assuming you want to keep the rear seat.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
WashingtonWetWheeler and MSparks909, I have a 37-quart ARB refrigerator and the refrigerator lid hinge just touches the back of the rear seat when the slide is stowed. If the 50, 63, or 82 are longer than the 37, I don't see how it will fit assuming you want to keep the rear seat.
Thank you for that, super helpful. The 37 and 50 ARB are the same length and width but the 50 is taller so the lid will probably hit the back seat before the slide can latch. Looks like a 37 is the way to go!

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD

This is a 2 pack.

The site says they’re for a JK. I assume there’s no problem with then fitting in a JL?