American Adventure Lab Table fit up?

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Extreme Recon
Anybody had any installation issues? I’m trying to install one on my new Extreme Rubicon and I find some interference….
the attached cup for the bottle opener prevents me from setting the unit.
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I preordered one, still haven’t received it yet… The bottle opener is important for me. Hope you figure it out!

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Give ‘‘em a call. Super nice people and they’re eager to help.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Watch some of the videos On YouTube. They’ll help. You may be getting interference from the wiring that goes through the tailgate. I had to reroute mine. Maybe these pictures help.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Table fit up? 1640596778577

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Table fit up? 1640596819023

OP
OP

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point. I set the project aside yesterday afternoon because I was getting a little frustrated. Now that I think about it those connectors may have been the problem. Thanks for the pictures. I’ll get back to it this afternoon.

Sponsored

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
Good point. I set the project aside yesterday afternoon because I was getting a little frustrated. Now that I think about it those connectors may have been the problem. Thanks for the pictures. I’ll get back to it this afternoon.
Alway good to set a frustrating task aside, look at it with fresh eyes later. Good luck!

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Very good advice!!
No way, commit in anger and break shit, and then buy replacement parts that take 8 weeks to arrive. At that point, you’ll have figured out what you did wrong. Have a couple beers, tell yourself “no more stupid mods.” Then go online and buy more crap. This is the jeep way.

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Definitely have to re-route those cables. I think I found a video on YouTube that showed me, but can’t recall. I do remember that one of the connectors was a PITA to disconnect. I think I remember each of the 3 wires having different connectors. Just take your time so you don’t damage the connectors. You’re going to love the table once you get it installed.

Side note… I didn’t want to permanently run the supplied LED light power cable to my 12v outlet because if the light ever needs to be replaced, you have to undo all the wiring…and getting all the panels off to get to that rear 12v outlet is a bigger PITA than rewiring the tailgate cables. So instead, I bought some extra wire, used t-taps to tap into the rear 12v outlet power/ground, ran that wire to the tailgate (tucking all the wire in nicely so it can’t be seen), installed some female quick connects on the end of the wire, then installed male quick connects to the end of the AAL supplied wire, then plugged the AAL wires into my pre-run wire and hid it all behind the tailgate table. Now, if the light ever has an issue and needs to be replaced (unlikely), I just have to take the table off, unplug the wires, etc. … and I don’t have to remove all the panels to get to the the 12v outlet ever again. BYW, I also found a YouTube video of someone running wires to the rear 12v outlet. The video didn’t show me all the gory details, but it was enough to give me a general idea of how to go about it.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Side note… I didn’t want to permanently run the supplied LED light power cable to my 12v outlet because if the light ever needs to be replaced, you have to undo all the wiring…and getting all the panels off to get to that rear 12v outlet is a bigger PITA than rewiring the tailgate cables. So instead, I bought some extra wire, used t-taps to tap into the rear 12v outlet power/ground, ran that wire to the tailgate (tucking all the wire in nicely so it can’t be seen), installed some female quick connects on the end of the wire, then installed male quick connects to the end of the AAL supplied wire, then plugged the AAL wires into my pre-run wire and hid it all behind the tailgate table. Now, if the light ever has an issue and needs to be replaced (unlikely), I just have to take the table off, unplug the wires, etc. … and I don’t have to remove all the panels to get to the the 12v outlet ever again. BYW, I also found a YouTube video of someone running wires to the rear 12v outlet. The video didn’t show me all the gory details, but it was enough to give me a general idea of how to go about it.
Nice tip! I still haven’t wired my light. The cable is just tucked inside the interior panel (so at least I don’t have to remove the table again) waiting for me to deal with it. I like the connector idea. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, project complete. Looks great! Functions great! I did re-route those 3 wire harnesses as suggested. Thank you for that. I ran the light wire through the woven wire pack to get it into the Jeep. I’ll finish terminations later. On my JK I had some leds mounted high on my cargo rack facing the rear. They made great backup and loading lights. I’m going to do something similar to the JL. I’ll just run a circuit from my aux switches in the dash. I’ll run power to the back as well and use it for the table light.

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
No way, commit in anger and break shit, and then buy replacement parts that take 8 weeks to arrive. At that point, you’ll have figured out what you did wrong. Have a couple beers, tell yourself “no more stupid mods.” Then go online and buy more crap. This is the jeep way.
This is the way.

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Sting Gray
Ok, project complete. Looks great! Functions great! I did re-route those 3 wire harnesses as suggested. Thank you for that. I ran the light wire through the woven wire pack to get it into the Jeep. I’ll finish terminations later. On my JK I had some leds mounted high on my cargo rack facing the rear. They made great backup and loading lights. I’m going to do something similar to the JL. I’ll just run a circuit from my aux switches in the dash. I’ll run power to the back as well and use it for the table light.
Pictures

OP
OP

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve attached pictures of my table installation. You can also see how I ran the cable through the existing tailgate harness. I used an ice pick to open the weave of the covering, then slid the wire through. I still have to finish the power circuit from my aux switches. By the way, American Adventure Labs did a fantastic job with their powder coat matching my Sarge Green.

4D1E68D2-F6B8-4E18-87D3-8437920A73E9.jpeg

EDD80129-531E-4FDF-BF60-DC6266791ED0.jpeg

6B12B1BE-FC12-4E13-86C8-B278B75177CB.jpeg

CE0BB882-449E-4F3A-A1F8-8AF8AB53EA4B.jpeg

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve attached pictures of my table installation. You can also see how I ran the cable through the existing tailgate harness. I used an ice pick to open the weave of the covering, then slid the wire through. I still have to finish the power circuit from my aux switches. By the way, American Adventure Labs did a fantastic job with their powder coat matching my Sarge Green.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Table fit up? CE0BB882-449E-4F3A-A1F8-8AF8AB53EA4B
Wow, love the powdercoat!
Sponsored