Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Nemesis mount entirely different. Don’t get me wrong. I loved the AAL liners but they wouldn’t work for me where I had to trim. I will admit, I don’t have patience to mess with trying to modify them to get them to work. It’s was just easier to throw in the towel and go with Nemesis. They make an amazing product as well and are made right here in CO.
Yeah, opening the rear half of the pinch seam arch is straight forward. Modifying the AAL liners and their mounting plates, has been my delay. I'm trying to avoid replacing them with the Nemesis, because ocd would require the fronts to match and I'd rather avoid having to scrap close to $1k worth of parts that I waited several weeks to get.

Plus, on the occasions that I can break away to spend a day at the shop, I've been doing other mods. Still have a set of Metalcloak control arms to replace my current Synergy arms, along with a Dynatrac bushing set for the front axle housing upper control arm mounting points. And now, a set of Dynatrac ball joints and RCV front axle shafts due to arrive this Thursday.
Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like that AAL now offers the option of Allen type dzus fasteners when ordering their liners. Originally, they only had the flat screwdriver type. Even with a wide tip stubby screwdriver, it's all too easy to start chewing them up.

Sponsored

jeronimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
Occupation
On the trail :+)
I am really liking the AAL fender liners and I am keen on other bracketry and products that they offer including the fender chop, the ARB twin mount, etc.

My biggest concern is that if I go with FOX 2.5 shocks their factory cutouts look kind of ugly with so much space above the upper coil mount:

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 20200803_172001-01-1067x800

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 20200804_183145-01-574x800

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender eco-diesel-jeep-jl-inner-fenders-1067x800

So I am wondering if I could potentially use the King cutout and mount the FOX reservoir similar to the king one to keep it clean:

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender IMG_20190427_073218-1067x800

Or maybe use the regular fender without cutout and run the hose behind it?

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender jeep-jl-front-inner-fenders-4

Anyone using AAL inner fenders with FOX 2.5? Any thoughts?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am really liking the AAL fender liners and I am keen on other bracketry and products that they offer including the fender chop, the ARB twin mount, etc.

My biggest concern is that if I go with FOX 2.5 shocks their factory cutouts look kind of ugly with so much space above the upper coil mount:

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender jeep-jl-front-inner-fenders-4

So I am wondering if I could potentially use the King cutout and mount the FOX reservoir similar to the king one to keep it clean:

Or maybe use the regular fender without cutout and run the hose behind it?

Anyone using AAL inner fenders with FOX 2.5? Any thoughts?
My $.02? The gap is only noticeable when the liners are left bare aluminum, and is pointed out and focused on. When finished in satin, gloss, or textured black, it doesn't stand out at all. Also, isn't there an adjustment knob on the Fox 2.5 resi? If so, access to it is easier when it's mounted closer to the front bumper.

I've got them in satin black powder coat, and they are awesome! I highly recommend the fender retention hardware kits, which replaces the remaining white clips that don't get deleted during the liner install.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 20200827_085847
Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 20200827_085921
Sponsored