First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Is it just me or did their prices go up a fair amount? Shipping cost has been an issue with them but seems like their prices have gotten a bit ... expensive.
Sponsored

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I purchase the bare metal JL fender liners back on July 8th. Received on Aug 12th. They were $329 plus $43 shipping. Now same price but $45 shipping.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Looks like the Versa table price went up. The cowl mount antenna bracket did not. Not sure about other stuff. These are the two I purchased earlier this year.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Their pricing has steadily increased. I got an outrageous shipping quote and called about it. They reduced it to an expensive but not outrageous price. Sone excuse about the system sometimes gives inflated shipping quotes. Right…

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Inflated prices, excessive wait times, and some of the parts don’t fit every model…and they ignore when you bring that up. Best of luck.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If you want to have some fun, or not, pull up some older (and even not-so-old) Amazon orders and click on the product links. Compare the current prices to those listed on your e-invoices. Sigh audibly.

E.g., not two days after I ordered my set of 4 tubular doors in late April 2022, the price increased by $40.00. The doors were still in transit! Looking at the listing today, the price has since increased by an additional $100.00. SMH.

With respect, material price increases shouldn't surprise anyone right now.

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I wanted their tailgate table .. would of cost me close to $1000 Canadian .. $260 would of been for shipping.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If you want to have some fun, or not, pull up some older (and even not-so-old) Amazon orders and click on the product links. Compare the current prices to those listed on your e-invoices. Sigh audibly.

E.g., not two days after I ordered my set of 4 tubular doors in late April 2022, the price increased by $40.00. The doors were still in transit! Looking at the listing today, the price has since increased by an additional $100.00. SMH.

With respect, material price increases shouldn't surprise anyone right now.
I bought a 23 quart pressure canner in early 2020. It was $119 CDN. Today. Same link brings me to a $299 one. It's ridiculous.

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
Shipping prices certainly are high with them. I dont think UPS actually charges around $70 to ship a refrigerator slide.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

If you aren't 'Prime' shipping is becoming a bitch these days. I bought the cowl antenna mount and shipping direct from AAL was 50% of the cost of the item ($49)... WTH! No wonder Amazon is kicking azz.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Shipping prices certainly are high with them. I dont think UPS actually charges around $70 to ship a refrigerator slide.
There's a bit of voodoo regarding actual weight vs. dimensional weight, in terms of shipping price calculation. The size and not necessarily the weight of the slide's shipping box, or other items with odd dimensions, may count against it when determining what to charge. Just a thought.

There's also the possibility that the vendor is leveraging the Shipping & Handling fee as a mildly hidden profit center (not trying to single out AAL here). I've seen that occur on eBay, to be sure, and a bit less so on Amazon.

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
There's a bit of voodoo regarding actual weight vs. dimensional weight, in terms of shipping price calculation. The size and not necessarily the weight of the slide's shipping box, or other items with odd dimensions, may count against it when determining what to charge. Just a thought.

There's also the possibility that the vendor is leveraging the Shipping & Handling fee as a mildly hidden profit center (not trying to single out AAL here). I've seen that occur on eBay, to be sure, and a bit less so on Amazon.
I got burned so bad on shipping with savvy I will NEVER do business with them again.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

It sounds like that is partly what AAL is doing to customers.
Sponsored