American Adventure Lab fender light kit

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
Made some progress out of nowhere but the lights still do not work as I expect them to 100% of the time. Everything appears to work correctly when the vehicle is shut off, as shown in this video (yes i meant to take video vertically).

For some reason, the lighting pattern changes when the engine is started, and it looks like this. I don't think this light pattern is how AAL intended for the lights to work.

Another thing to note, both instances shown in these videos will lead to hyperflashing at some point. I've followed all directions posted in this thread and other threads to the "T" in regards to turning things off, back on, and rebooting; in addition to ensuring firmware is up to date.

Any ideas?
exact same thing with mine. I thought it was normal that it does that.
Sponsored

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted American Adventure Lab today and had a great conversation with Katie Vest, their sales/customer service manager. My first question to her was whether or not my lights were working correctly. I sent her the videos I posted here and she ensured me they indeed work correctly. In our conversation I learned that AAL updated the circuit board used with the lights which also changed the light pattern from a sequential pattern (first video) to a tracer pattern (second video). I explained that the update in light pattern isn't mentioned on the website and suggested it should be because I was left confused as to whether or not my lights were working properly. And that I probably wasn't the only person confused about this, especially when the website shows one pattern.

Personally I prefer the sequential pattern over the tracer pattern but it's not the end of the world.

Katie did say they were putting together new video and documentation to go on the website with the updates and changes. She also shared an email that she sends to customers when they inquire about the lights and I'll share that below. I'm happy with the customer service she provided and the only thing that would make me happier is the ability to choose which lighting pattern. If anyone is having issues and needs additional help, don't hesitate to reach out to her.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab fender light kit email

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Katie and the Team are awesome there at American Adventure Lab, juts fantastic and that is why I will buy my liners and everything else there. Now if I can only get up the nerve to cut my Fenders and install my lights.

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
I got mine working like I wanted by setting the DRL to dedicated. did a full restart and its working with a white DRL and drops out for the turn signal. hope that helps someone.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I installed my AAL love how they look. But like everyone I am having the same problem :angry: . The lights don't come on like the OEMs when the Jeep is in ACC mode, I figured they are supposed to. I did order the bulb out harness, that did not help any. No hiper flash when Jeep is on they work normally but I do get the light out on the dash. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Just wanted to put this out there in the event someone finds themselves with this issue. I’ve been running the AAL DRL’s since late 18 early 19. Since then, I’ve swapped out the LED’s 3 times. Today I noticed my passenger side is out so I called AAL and was sent a link to purchase a replacement. I opened the link and found that the price has jumped, each DRL is now $135. AAL has made some changes to the LED so depending on what series you have, you’ll have to get both, otherwise they’ll be different in light output and look. I’ve decided to go with another company, I’m just tired of dealing with this issue. This isn’t a bash on AAL, just want to put this out there so others have the info.

5804E358-519D-4960-AFD5-BB62DD15B7AF.png

Don Gilmer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I installed my AAL love how they look. But like everyone I am having the same problem :angry: . The lights don't come on like the OEMs when the Jeep is in ACC mode, I figured they are supposed to. I did order the bulb out harness, that did not help any. No hiper flash when Jeep is on they work normally but I do get the light out on the dash. Any help would be appreciated.
Is this what is being referred to as hyper flash?

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
My take hyper flash is the fast blinking, usually because a resistors is Needed. On yours it seems to also flash inconsistently, I wouldn't know what can cause that. But it seems defective.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
I’d recommend you send that video to AAL customer service. That doesn’t not look normal, they’ll swap them out if they are still under warranty.

Sponsored

Don Gilmer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I’d recommend you send that video to AAL customer service. That doesn’t not look normal, they’ll swap them out if they are still under warranty.
Yup, had to do it once already and now the replacement is acting up too. Also, my original bulb-out harness failed and now the replacement is too. Curious if others have experienced low reliability on these.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
Yup, had to do it once already and now the replacement is acting up too. Also, my original bulb-out harness failed and now the replacement is too. Curious if others have experienced low reliability on these.
I’ve had to swap my lights out three times, the current replacement failed agin.

Don Gilmer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I’ve had to swap my lights out three times, the current replacement failed agin.
That's discouraging to hear. I really don't want to have to replace these every 6 months.

My hyper-flash really only seems to occur when my DRLs and Headlights are off. And it occurs randomly. Sometimes they operate normally, sometimes they hyper-flash.

I have not noticed hyper-flash when I drive with DRLs or headlights on, but as a previous poster has stated the blinking patterns differ with lights off and light on.

I don't typically drive with my lights on but this issue has caused me to always drive with at least DRLs on. The DRL setting in my vehicle settings page doesn't seem to affect things.

I'll be reaching out to AAL for a replacement but also looking at the Quake lights if I can't get this resolved. Thanks for the feedback.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
That's discouraging to hear. I really don't want to have to replace these every 6 months.

My hyper-flash really only seems to occur when my DRLs and Headlights are off. And it occurs randomly. Sometimes they operate normally, sometimes they hyper-flash.

I have not noticed hyper-flash when I drive with DRLs or headlights on, but as a previous poster has stated the blinking patterns differ with lights off and light on.

I don't typically drive with my lights on but this issue has caused me to always drive with at least DRLs on. The DRL setting in my vehicle settings page doesn't seem to affect things.

I'll be reaching out to AAL for a replacement but also looking at the Quake lights if I can't get this resolved. Thanks for the feedback.
This might not be relevant, but you should check your second battery it might be affecting your lights.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've had mine for over two years and no failures. Every now and again (maybe once a month) I get a "turn signal light out" message, but it clears. I have factory LEDs and I use the resister harness from AAL. I'm sorry some folks are having reliability issues, but mine have been solid and reliable.
Sponsored