American Adventure Lab fender light kit

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
For anyone doing this mod, as someone mentioned somewhere else, please, please consider purchasing the fender rentention hardware or something similar. Your fenders become extremely flimsy without it and I almost lost one on the way to work.
Until my hardware comes in, I did find a quick easy solution from Lowe's that ended up working really well.
1 bolt + 1 washer, with a washered nut on backside.

IMG_20190713_093312.jpg
Is this better or comparable to the retention hardware with the inserts AAL sells? I'm sure it's cheaper.
Sponsored

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Has anyone created moisture inside the flashlight?

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Has anyone created moisture inside the flashlight?
My first set, which were their original models, did show signs of moisture in the lenses. They were still under warranty and replaced very quickly. No issues with the lights taking on water since.

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My first set, which were their original models, did show signs of moisture in the lenses. They were still under warranty and replaced very quickly. No issues with the lights taking on water since.
You are lucky
They don't answer emails at all

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You are lucky
They don't answer emails at all
I think their success has overwhelmed them.

I used to receive same day online responses from the owner and sales group, but now they are very hard to get to via email or website requests.

I do, however, recommend calling them during business hours. I've had much better experiences doing that lately.

Sponsored

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I think their success has overwhelmed them.

I used to receive same day online responses from the owner and sales group, but now they are very hard to get to via email or website requests.

I do, however, recommend calling them during business hours. I've had much better experiences doing that lately.

Thanks
Today I returned by email and apologized for the rush
They send me RGB light for replacement
Must point out that there is someone to trust

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
T
you can't even get their lights right now, they are on backorder
They are coming in batches. I had ordered early Feb and got mine in their batch last week. I can't totally blame them for not wanting to carry inventory and cover the overhead as a small company. Assume that they bring in some extras each shipment but sell out quickly.

That said their backorder for me was less than a month so not too shabby.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
T

They are coming in batches. I had ordered early Feb and got mine in their batch last week. I can't totally blame them for not wanting to carry inventory and cover the overhead as a small company. Assume that they bring in some extras each shipment but sell out quickly.

That said their backorder for me was less than a month so not too shabby.
That would make sense why for months it has never said in stock. I guess if I want them I just have to take the plunge.

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
That would make sense why for months it has never said in stock. I guess if I want them I just have to take the plunge.
Yeah I finally bit the bullet and glad I did. Took about 3 weeks. After my order I simply pinged them when the next batch was coming in and planned other work around that.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah I finally bit the bullet and glad I did. Took about 3 weeks. After my order I simply pinged them when the next batch was coming in and planned other work around that.
Did you order the bulb out harness, or are you using the tazer? Also if you are using the tazer do you need the full version or can it be turned off with the tazer lite?

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
Did you order the bulb out harness, or are you using the tazer? Also if you are using the tazer do you need the full version or can it be turned off with the tazer lite?
I actually have both. I wasn't going to go larger tires for a while so got the plugs to use but then splurged for the wheels and tires so got a tazer lite.

I've not yet installed and will likely use the tazer for the lights and sell the harness should others need em.

I'm installing Friday or Saturday depending on weather so I'll let ya know

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had great conversations with the owner of AAL yesterday and today. They are making progress with their backlog and are hiring folks to help with the communication issues many of us have faced. All I can say is these folks are working very hard to become one of the leading providers of quality Jeep products. I've been a huge fan of AAL from day one, and recently took time to voice a few concerns. The response back was outstanding, and I'm sharing this only to recommend patience as these folks are improving as fast as they are growing.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at these for a 2019 JLU Moab. AAL is making a Sahara / Moab specific version.

I watched the installation video and I get that the inner fender line goes away. I need to replace with a new inner fender which I'll likely to go with Artec or similar.

I've tried to find pictures in this thread or on google, but can't seem to find any pictures of the fender itself from the INSIDE.

So my question: I have a painted (black) fender. Is the underside unpainted? I assume it is black (raw material). What prevents this raw material from getting banged up during normal driving or more importantly, during wheeling (small rocks / mud and what not).

There is obviously no real protection on the outside. If I land on a rock, that fender is a goner (much like a stock plastic fender).

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I've had mine for over a year without any issue. If you come down on a rock, more than likely it will just flex up. Worse case is it pops the fender loose from the body. If it doesn't break the plastic clips that hold it on you just pop back in place. If clip breaks just get another or better yet keep a few spares with you. They work on the front and rear. Oh and its black plastic on the inside of fender.
Sponsored