xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Do the hoses for filter and quick connect come with the AAL piece or do you get those elsewhere?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I ran everything as shown above, and it is very tight, but it works. I would have preferred to Mount the compressor in the engine bay, as I did on my TJ, but I couldn’t find a reliably dry spot to install it. (I’ve seen one bracket that mounts it below bumper level underneath, but that’s sure to get wet, and they are not waterproof.)

A921669C-AB14-45AE-AABF-CA95F71C336F.jpeg

80C43845-73F5-4E37-92F2-5D88DA86F7D8.jpeg

Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
I ran everything as shown above, and it is very tight, but it works. I would have preferred to Mount the compressor in the engine bay, as I did on my TJ, but I couldn’t find a reliably dry spot to install it. (I’ve seen one bracket that mounts it below bumper level underneath, but that’s sure to get wet, and they are not waterproof.)

Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting 80C43845-73F5-4E37-92F2-5D88DA86F7D8

Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting 80C43845-73F5-4E37-92F2-5D88DA86F7D8
Am liking this install and glad I waited a bit so this kit could be developed. Couple of questions, when airing up do you open the panel above the compressor so it can "breathe" or leave it closed? If you leave it closed, how is the heat? Reason for asking this is because our recovery kit containers are in the back and really don't want to go through the effort of loading and unloading them and whatever else may be back there while airing up. Kinda defeats the purpose, IMO. TIA One other question, was thinking about getting second shelf, anyone have this ARB kit with one of the shelves???? Like to see some pics.

comptech87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
I’ve aired up all 4 tires from 20psi to 32psi and heat wasn’t an issue at all(cover closed). No one I know with this setup has had an issue yet with heat.

Reactions: DaK

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
I’ve aired up all 4 tires from 20psi to 32psi and heat wasn’t an issue at all(cover closed). No one I know with this setup has had an issue yet with heat.
X2

i’ve heard several people say it will overheat, and I can feel the heat in the compartment when I open it, but it’s worked just fine The few times it’s been used. After all I’ve heard about heat concerns I’m inclined to open the cover unless the back is full of stuff (which it often is).

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does the lid to the compartment sit flat? Did you have to notch it or anything?
The lid does not sit perfectly flat.

If you enlarge the bottom picture I posted above you'll see the size of the wad of wire and air line. That can be flattened out a bit, but it's still going to deflect the carpet panel (which you can also see in the picture). It all goes back together, but the deflection is noticeable to me. It doesn't prevent me from using the back to carry heavy cargo, and others don't seem to notice it, but I wish there was a perfectly sanitary way to run all the wire and air line. (I also have a pair of 8 gauge wires running to the Odyssey battery. If you're not running those your bundle will be slightly smaller.)

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed this today in mine. This is how I ran the lines. Did involve trimming the trunk carpeted floor pieces, but not too bad. Ended up moving the lines a bit to the left from what is shown here since that aligned well with a slot in the carpeted piece that has the anchors in it and also avoids any of the mounting clips for the plastic side panel.

A) You tub area is different than mine, wider on the left than the right. B) what mounting plate is that? I have a Rusty's mounting plate and it places the pump on the passenger's side like yours. Probably why the one airline is too short. I might move my pump to the drivers side when I do it.
Am liking this install and glad I waited a bit so this kit could be developed. Couple of questions, when airing up do you open the panel above the compressor so it can "breathe" or leave it closed? If you leave it closed, how is the heat? Reason for asking this is because our recovery kit containers are in the back and really don't want to go through the effort of loading and unloading them and whatever else may be back there while airing up. Kinda defeats the purpose, IMO. TIA One other question, was thinking about getting second shelf, anyone have this ARB kit with one of the shelves???? Like to see some pics.
I always open the top when I use the compressor. I'm airing up 37's so it gets hot. The heat is enough to melt the fabric on the underside of the lid. My setup doesn't allow the lid to sit perfectly flat because of the fitting on top of the pump, regardless of how I angled it. I leave the lid up for awhile with power applied to the compressor so the fans can cool it off.

Does the lid to the compartment sit flat? Did you have to notch it or anything?
As I mentioned above, the lid won't sit flat. It gets pretty close. My plan is to get the AAL MASS plate when I get the remote kit. It raises the surface just a bit and it's ventilated so I shouldn't have any clearance issues after that. Since I'm using a Rusty's mount, I'll need to move the compressor to the drivers side so the air lines are long enough.

Bikinicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Now that topless season is upon us I have discovered that my AAL compressor remote has to be moved every time I want to put the top on/off. Not happy! Only get this if you don't ever plan on taking your top off.

jlrubeinswaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Is anyone running the mount plus remote fitting on their jl??

If you can share how your running the air hose and air filter hose.. what’s the cleanest way to hide this and into the cab?. I’m pretty sure it’s under the plastic some how but it’s so tight.. also there’s no space for it to be ran into the cab without drilling... are you guys drilling?

5C1970F9-BE78-4D6B-8E70-51455ADCC15D.jpeg

85D827F2-19F7-43F1-9DF3-A5AA10EFBEC8.jpeg
There are many choices where to mount. ARB twin compressors have internal fans to cool the pump. How can one say it will get hot in the storage compartment in back as opposed to mounting it in the engine compartment. I have 37's and deflate down to 13-15 lbs and air up to 30-35
Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting IMG_1567
Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting IMG_1745.JPG
lbs. The compressor runs for 10 minutes max. for all 4 tires to be inflated. What do you think the starting temp of the ARB is going to be mounted in the engine compartment after wheeling all day? I have the M.a.s.s platform from American Adventure Labs. I love it. Great fitment and love the options I get with it. My compressor is mounted in the well with a 50 amp/hr Lithium battery and a DC2DC charger to charge the battery that runs my refrigerator and other 12 volt accessories if needed. I have no complaints what so ever. The air supply is on the right of the fridge and the switch and SAE plug in is right below the platform. Just another option as there are many. I have had it this way now for over a year. No problems. Just makes use of a space that I could not use because of what I want to carry in the back cargo area.

Last edited:

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Now that topless season is upon us I have discovered that my AAL compressor remote has to be moved every time I want to put the top on/off. Not happy! Only get this if you don't ever plan on taking your top off.
Why do you have to move it? I don't have to move mine.