American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Is anyone running the mount plus remote fitting on their jl??

If you can share how your running the air hose and air filter hose.. what’s the cleanest way to hide this and into the cab?. I’m pretty sure it’s under the plastic some how but it’s so tight.. also there’s no space for it to be ran into the cab without drilling... are you guys drilling?

5C1970F9-BE78-4D6B-8E70-51455ADCC15D.jpeg

85D827F2-19F7-43F1-9DF3-A5AA10EFBEC8.jpeg
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Is anyone running the mount plus remote fitting on their jl??

If you can share how your running the air hose and air filter hose.. what’s the cleanest way to hide this and into the cab?. I’m pretty sure it’s under the plastic some how but it’s so tight.. also there’s no space for it to be ran into the cab without drilling... are you guys drilling?

Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting 85D827F2-19F7-43F1-9DF3-A5AA10EFBEC8

Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting 85D827F2-19F7-43F1-9DF3-A5AA10EFBEC8
You’re going to have heat problems with it down there.

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
Mine is getting delivered tomorrow, so I may look into installing it over the weekend. I'll let you know what I ended up doing.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Why not mount it under the brake booster under the hood or under the Jeep near the back. I had zero intrest in mounting a compressor inside of the Jeep. My wife sits in the air conditioning while I air up the tires and there is NO way I would want her to have to listen to the compressor running inside of the Jeep ever time we aired up.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That was my thought as well. I'm planning to install mine on the driver side empty spot right behind the rear bench seat.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Why not mount it under the brake booster under the hood or under the Jeep near the back. I had zero intrest in mounting a compressor inside of the Jeep. My wife sits in the air conditioning while I air up the tires and there is NO way I would want her to have to listen to the compressor running inside of the Jeep ever time we aired up.
This was my original plan, until i saw the warnings about it bit fitting with high tuck inner fender liners. I've since seen some pics of holes being cut to clear the compressor. Kinda defeats the point of the liner, in my opinion.

I was also looking into a high tuck solution for mounting the compressor and a power tank in the factory muffler location, which would be unused after switching to the borla touring climber cat back. But apparently, the compressor doesn't like being submerged. Still have to find out if it's just a matter of relocating the intake filters, or is it the unit itself that isn't rated for it.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I think they are “designed” to be installed there in addition to the mass platform which opens that area up to a ton of air flow. This is my 100% preferred place to install them. They are kept out of harms way and protected from the elements.

i won’t do them on the firewall if it’s a 3.6 for sure. The catalytic converter right there and from what I’ve learned from ARB, they won’t warranty them when mounted there. It’s extremely hot all the time and electronics don’t typically thrive in that environment.

personally, we run a power tank. I know the benefits vs negatives but for us and our wheeling, it works excellent and is a couple times faster than using a compressor

brett

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would ask AAL on how they have seen and heard to run those wires/hose for a clean install. From the times I have had that area apart I believe you can run those behind the plastic and carpet. Are you running the AAL shelf/drawer/platform as well?

I dont have that manifold but have the compressor mounted same location and ran the air fitting to the rear bumper using a water tight bulkhead fitting (drill through plastic tub). But this is under the AAL platform/drawer combo.

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
I would ask AAL on how they have seen and heard to run those wires/hose for a clean install. From the times I have had that area apart I believe you can run those behind the plastic and carpet. Are you running the AAL shelf/drawer/platform as well?

I dont have that manifold but have the compressor mounted same location and ran the air fitting to the rear bumper using a water tight bulkhead fitting (drill through plastic tub). But this is under the AAL platform/drawer combo.

I have the remote fitting and my air filter up there so I can bring some colder air inside the tub. I am not running the shelf platform

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the remote fitting and my air filter up there so I can bring some colder air inside the tub. I am not running the shelf platform
Got it, yeah I think as I said best way is to run behind the plastic molding and under the carpet into the tub. Most pics I have seen guys running that setup with the AAL platform and such which gives a little more room.

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
I installed this today in mine. This is how I ran the lines. Did involve trimming the trunk carpeted floor pieces, but not too bad. Ended up moving the lines a bit to the left from what is shown here since that aligned well with a slot in the carpeted piece that has the anchors in it and also avoids any of the mounting clips for the plastic side panel.

Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting PXL_20201002_162918560

Jeep Wrangler JL American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting PXL_20201002_171045319

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
I used the trunk mount dual compressors for the first time today on the trail. I'm very happy with it so far. Was very quite having it mounted there. Engine idling with windows open is almost louder and turning on the compressors only slightly increases overall noise. Not at all annoying to those still in the car.

The dual compressors also fill the tires really quick. I'm just on stock Rubicon 33s and was only adding about 10 psi per tire, but that took about 30 seconds or so per tire.

I also like that they are safely mounted inside, out of the way and not subjected to elements/heat from outside. It was in the mid 80s and they felt cool to touch prior to use and were just slightly warmer afterwards. Sure in extreme heat it would be worse, but honestly I'm not often going to be out on a trail in 90+ heat if I can avoid it so I'm not too concerned about it.

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
@ attilars
I was trying to figure out how to remove all that plastic for a different reason. I coudn't figure it out. Any tips?
I assume you mean the plastic cover on the left side. No magic to it really, it is just held on with clips, so just need to pull/pry gently and each will pop off fairly easily. A set of interior trim plastic prying tools makes it a bit easier to get behind and apply pressure closer to where each clip is. Also removing the carpeted trim piece along the trunk floor that has the tie down hoops helps as well and should be done first. I need to pull it off again to make an replace one of the lines that ended up being shorter than needed, so I can post a couple more pictures of where the clips are.
Sponsored