Sponsored

Amazon 7" adapter looks promising

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Last edited:
OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Won't be able to pick up our ordered JL (already waiting in Las Vegas for us) until mid January, so hopefully someone else can beat me to it :)

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks identical to what inspired eng includes in their kit. Good price on aws.

Edit: I take it back: these include rubber gasket and gets rid of the gap seen on inspired eng. I look fed to the reviews.i hope they sell the rubber gasket separately.

Last edited:
Reactions: zyt
OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ordered a set today along w/ some split-halo LED lights, should be here by Jan. 4th, 3 wks prior to being able to pick up our new JL :)
That additional rubber trim ring sealed the deal for me, didn't like the look of those exposed screws on the other adapters I've seen, this seems to make for a real clean finished look. Will review when it's all home :)

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm I got mine a week ago but haven't found time to install these yet. I don't remember seeing rubber gaskets...

Eloib

First Name
Eloi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it is a Chinese manufacturer, can't wait to see their tolerancing and how long the LEDs last.

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks like it is a Chinese manufacturer, can't wait to see their tolerancing and how long the LEDs last.
These aren't the lights, just the adapters.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
No rubber grommets. I contacted the seller. Just FYI the product ships from China and goes through customs before you’ll be able to track it accurately. Don’t bother paying expedited shipping.

C01D718F-6AD9-45D8-8021-53B6C7370106.jpeg

2148FC8E-59B6-428C-A401-CA25B423DB87.jpeg

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hopefully they will be including them and yours was just missing (and hope they get them over to you). Was the big selling point for me.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Received my 9" to 7" adapters yesterday. Ordered mine on Amazon from a company called Sup-Light, however, there are a couple other "companies" selling basically the same adapter. As another individual has stated, these are shipped directly from Hong Kong. I'm using these as a stopgap until my headlight adapters from the retrofit source, are delivered.

With that being said, I wasn't expecting great quality from these. Build quality is adequate, paint is thin and chips easily, screws are soft and strip easily if not careful. There were no install instructions included in the box, so I referenced the product page on Amazon to figure it out. The adaptors also include a pair of H4 to Molex MX150 wiring harnesses (decent quality, 16ga wiring).

Installing the brackets on the headlights is fairly simple, the rubber flange ring slips over the front retaining ring and three screws fasten it to the bracket, sandwiching the headlight in-between the two. Probably not needed but I used blue loctite on the screws to prevent them from backing out.

SUP Light JL adapters.jpg

JW Speaker Headlights.jpg

For those planning to use headlights with H4 plugs, this won't apply but for those like myself using headlights utilizing an H13 connection (JW Speaker Evo J2 for example), you will realize very quickly that the JL (at least my Rubicon, not sure about sport models) isn't compatible. After some research, the plug type is a Molex MX150. Luckily the included wiring harness comes with the compatible Molex connector. To rectify the issue, I cut the H13 ends off the lights and soldered on the Molex connectors, referencing the JL wiring diagrams and JW speaker diagrams.

JW Wiring adapter.jpg

Installation was easy, you will reuse the OE 10mm bolts. Headlight adjustment is accomplished by loosening or tightening spring tension for left, right, up and down directions. My set out of the box was fairly close, requiring only a small height adjustment. With the grille reinstalled, there is about a 1/2" gap between the headlight gasket and the grille opening. Can't really see it from a distance but it is noticeable up close.
JW right front.jpg

No grille.jpg

JW front wide.jpg

JW Gap.jpg

Overall for the money, they do the job fairly well, no fitment issues other than the gap between the light and the grille which could realistically be fixed by adding spacers behind the bracket to push it forward. Hopefully, this is useful for those thinking about ordering a set.

View attachment 124529
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0