AMAZING Deal on my 2019 JLUR order!

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Has 12.4% off MSRP, a little over $6k, on my 2 door Rubicon with almost every option. I wasn't that happy with trade-in, but my trade-in was a model that doesn't sell well in my new state.

JeepDrvr2018

First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech
I believe you should have contacted Dave Smith Jeep Chrysler, in Kellogg, ID and get their price over the phone, believe, you could have gotten it down to 45K, at least that was the quote I got last Summer, and I put on everything except the cold group and the auto trans for a JLUR. So I think you paid about 6K too much.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 / 2018 Sahara JLU. Formerly 2013 JK and 2003 Liberty Renegade
If you're happy with the deal and your payment fits within your budget, then you got a GREAT deal! Ignore the naysayers! Enjoy your new Jeep and don't look back! Now start modding that thing and make it unique to you!

csharg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR
You also didn't mention if that included tax + tags, etc. If all of that was included I would say that it was a pretty good deal, especially for CA taxes and registration.

Sponsored

timkim

First Name
tae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
GREAT DEAL. probably best deal in CA if you don't want to travel. i travel to Vegas to get better. but this is pretty good deal in CA.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I’m at 14% off MSRP...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I live in Michigan and it looks like when I order, I am going to go to North Carolina to buy my Jeep. Sure it will cost me money to travel to NC, but I consider it a free trip and I can do some trails in the mountain on my way home.

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue
I live in Michigan and it looks like when I order, I am going to go to North Carolina to buy my Jeep. Sure it will cost me money to travel to NC, but I consider it a free trip and I can do some trails in the mountain on my way home.
Side question - Wibornz... where in NC?

Sal

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

Sponsored

TXPearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS 4xe
Well shit, thought I was getting a decent deal. Clearly not.
In the big scheme of things, don't sweat it. Yes, you could've easily saved a few thousand dollars, but you'd probably have to travel to get it. Travel costs and time add up. Over the life of the vehicle...most people probably waste more money on other crap and don't even realize it.

Enjoy the new Jeep.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I love to travel. If I can save a thousand on a vehicle, but it cost me a thousand to go get it.......Bam free vacation.

OP
OP

bajabound

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon coming soon, tesla model X
YEah, I've brought in a Tesla and Mercedes from out of state (TX), currently in California, and it was a massive pain in the ass. I spent 4 full days at the DMV, which if anyone has spent time in a Cali Dmv you'd understand that I'd rather swallow a jar of angry bees than do that again.

These were vehicles I already had, so not sure the process on a new purchase out of state, but I have no interest in dealing with that again.

lagunajim

Salinas is double the distance to Jim Marsh in Las Vegas than I have to do from Newport Beach.

Having said that, best I could get in the O.C. was 1% below factory invoice. From Marsh I bought at 5% below factory invoice. Worth the 30 minute flight and 4 hour drive home ;)

Is there a dealer in Reno you might check with?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
YEah, I've brought in a Tesla and Mercedes from out of state (TX), currently in California, and it was a massive pain in the ass. I spent 4 full days at the DMV, which if anyone has spent time in a Cali Dmv you'd understand that I'd rather swallow a jar of angry bees than do that again.

These were vehicles I already had, so not sure the process on a new purchase out of state, but I have no interest in dealing with that again.
As long as you’re paying a doc fee with your purchase (and all dealerships have a doc fee these days), the dealership will process all of your out of state documents for you.

Also.. always, always, always, ALWAYS get dealers to compete for your business. The zero stress car purchase can be done even with some additional homework, but you have to stress the dealers. Your friendly salesman was friendly because you didn’t present him with a deal from one of his competitors that he’d need to beat. His demeanor would have been different if his commission wasn’t so big.
Sponsored