Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon coming soon, tesla model X
Hey Jeepers,

I just got back from ordering my 2019 JLU Rubicon. Spec as follows:
White 2019 JLU Rubicon 8spd auto
LED pack, cold weather, infotainment, color match hard top, keyless entry, Leather buckets, hard top headliner, both safety groups, trailer tow pack....

The only thing I didn't opt in for were the wheel upgrades, steel bumpers and color match fenders since I'll be aftermarket on all that anyways.

So the numbers:

I went in with the customer preferred code guide numbers with all my options chosen and added to a spread sheet. I had MSRP vs Dealer invoice price and was prepared to do some negotiating. I was very surprised when the sales manager, Larry, stated that they don't really haggle and they prefer loyalty and building a solid business of repeat customers. Without asking for or negotiating I was told I wold only pay dealer cost! Super happy customer right now.

The total ending up at $52,491 vs MSRP at $55,867.

I highly recommend going to see Larry Valdez at My Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram in Salinas, Ca.
This was the first purchase I have ever made where we didn't piss about on price or worry about negotiating anything. We literally just talked Jeeps for an hour with zero stress. Hands down the best dealer experience I've ever had. Destroyed the experience I had buying our Tesla model X, and I thought that was great service.

If you're near the Monterey or Bay area in Ca, go see Larry.

Larry Valdez
My Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram
600 Auto Center Cir
Salinas, CA

Tell him Pete & Blair sent you! So stoked right now, it's gonna be a tough wait!
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Jeepers,

I just got back from ordering my 2019 JLU Rubicon. Spec as follows:
White 2019 JLU Rubicon 8spd auto
LED pack, cold weather, infotainment, color match hard top, keyless entry, Leather buckets, hard top headliner, both safety groups, trailer tow pack....

The only thing I didn't opt in for were the wheel upgrades, steel bumpers and color match fenders since I'll be aftermarket on all that anyways.

So the numbers:

I went in with the customer preferred code guide numbers with all my options chosen and added to a spread sheet. I had MSRP vs Dealer invoice price and was prepared to do some negotiating. I was very surprised when the sales manager, Larry, stated that they don't really haggle and they prefer loyalty and building a solid business of repeat customers. Without asking for or negotiating I was told I wold only pay dealer cost! Super happy customer right now.

The total ending up at $52,491 vs MSRP at $55,867.

I highly recommend going to see Larry Valdez at My Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram in Salinas, Ca.
This was the first purchase I have ever made where we didn't piss about on price or worry about negotiating anything. We literally just talked Jeeps for an hour with zero stress. Hands down the best dealer experience I've ever had. Destroyed the experience I had buying our Tesla model X, and I thought that was great service.

If you're near the Monterey or Bay area in Ca, go see Larry.

Larry Valdez
My Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram
600 Auto Center Cir
Salinas, CA

Tell him Pete & Blair sent you! So stoked right now, it's gonna be a tough wait!
You realize way better deals than this are available all over the country?

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
^^
You got about 6% off of MSRP. Most are getting 6% off of invoice. I’d renegotiate or cancel and find another dealer.

Looks like you got a little over invoice pricing. There still is holdback and maybe some other fees like doc fee they can still take off. Do you have a price sheet from them.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
MSRP in mine was $54,365.
Invoice was $51,040
I paid $48,450

$5,915 under MSRP...10.8% under
$2,590 under invoice...5% under

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
There are far better deals out there, he didn’t do you any favors.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
MSRP on mine was $56550, my final price was $49,700

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
If you had all the numbers how did you not realize you weren’t getting the best deal possible? I’m sure the dealer does love you now.

Sponsored

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Well shit, thought I was getting a decent deal. Clearly not.
Yeah I’ll admit I had a little laugh, classic sales tactics, tell the customer what they want to hear (you’ll pay dealer pricing!), then distract the customer from their spreadsheet while you talk about a “common interest” (Jeeps). Close the sale and hope they don’t do further research. And to be fair if you aren’t on the forums and weren’t aware that many dealers are doing 5% under invoice thats probably not a bad deal comparatively speaking. But it’s worth revisiting. You have the same build I’m thinking of putting in for so I’m sure it’ll turn out well in the end either way. If you already have a Tesla a couple grand either isn’t going to make or break your bank account.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
What constitutes a great deal really depends on multiple factors:

1. Your location. Some areas deal while others do not. From what I've read, California dealerships do not haggle much, so it may be a great deal in your area.

2. Some dealerships/customers boast large percentages off of MSRP/Invoice, but are hit with non required fees, or ridiculous Doc/dealer prep fees.

3. Trade in value. Often dealers will offer a smoking deal, but the trade in value provided is subpar resulting in a poor deal.

4. Large percent off, but higher financing rates.

5. Some travel across the country for a larger percentage off, but end up making up the difference on the trip.

Many people get caught up with what percentage off they received. This alone does not constitute a great deal. You have to look at the big picture.

Example with my current Jeep JK:

Dealer A: 12.5% off MSRP
Dealer B: 9% off MSRP

Dealer A looks like the clear choice and an amazing deal at first.

Dealer A: Trade in offer $30,000
Dealer B: Trade in offer $32,500

Dealer B turned out to be cheaper by nearly $1,500 with everything considered.

S ARE T

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Sahara
My dealer does straight invoice with me; I've been through (5) new Mopar vehicles with them. I know he keeps the hold back but he also gives me a fair trade-in, does not play games with nonsense "add-ons" (like nitrogen, scotch guard, super finish, etc), and the dealership fixes things for free even when the warranty is out. On top of that, the dealership is 40 miles away so the salesman takes my vehicle in for maintenance and leaves me his demo; no waiting around the dealership for endless hours! To me the extra 5% is worth every cent. Take care of them and they take care of you!

anesu1992

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
What constitutes a great deal really depends on multiple factors:

1. Your location. Some areas deal while others do not. From what I've read, California dealerships do not haggle much, so it may be a great deal in your area.

2. Some dealerships/customers boast large percentages off of MSRP/Invoice, but are hit with non required fees, or ridiculous Doc/dealer prep fees.

3. Trade in value. Often dealers will offer a smoking deal, but the trade in value provided is subpar resulting in a poor deal.

4. Large percent off, but higher financing rates.

5. Some travel across the country for a larger percentage off, but end up making up the difference on the trip.

Many people get caught up with what percentage off they received. This alone does not constitute a great deal. You have to look at the big picture.

Example with my current Jeep JK:

Dealer A: 12.5% off MSRP
Dealer B: 9% off MSRP

Dealer A looks like the clear choice and an amazing deal at first.

Dealer A: Trade in offer $30,000
Dealer B: Trade in offer $32,500

Dealer B turned out to be cheaper by nearly $1,500 with everything considered.
Not to mention a reduction in taxes
Sponsored