Sponsored

Am I the only person that wants convertible soft doors?

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
I remember the old soft doors on my yj...

quick off, toss em in back. Put em back on in less than a minute

can we get a full soft door that has an underlying half or tube door? For instance: tube door has a soft door cover and window for driving to off-road location. When you are there you unzip the soft door window and tube door covering and are left with a tube door.

this results in a very small “door to store in the back” but can easily be reattached if needed.

shouldn’t be too hard to have a tube door like
Jeep Wrangler JL Am I the only person that wants convertible soft doors? 1594874926074

Have a snap or zip on cover like
Jeep Wrangler JL Am I the only person that wants convertible soft doors? 1594874982065

I would REALLY like an option like this

88042088-B9E9-43C8-89BC-AA3077BEFDA4.png
Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I had a JKU and put on the Bestop trektop NX, the coolest top ever. Now that I have a JL, I think about getting that top again. However, the new soft top has a lot if those features anyway.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey Guys!
We already have a few options out on the market for the JL. We offer 2-Piece Soft Doors like the ones shown above. We also offer Element Tube Doors and have Uppers available for them too. Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like to see any particular photos!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You aren´t the only one. I have them on my JK and love them. I am just waiting until they get to a price I can afford.

Buckleyjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ, 99 TJ, 2003 TJ, 2018 JLUR
Hey Guys!
We already have a few options out on the market for the JL. We offer 2-Piece Soft Doors like the ones shown above. We also offer Element Tube Doors and have Uppers available for them too. Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like to see any particular photos!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Lee - are there plans to offer the core doors for the JL? I just saw them on a JK yesterday that were color matched. Looked amazing. I’d definitely buy.

454FA5D9-A362-469F-96E2-182989F9CAF3.jpeg

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Lee - are there plans to offer the core doors for the JL? I just saw them on a JK yesterday that were color matched. Looked amazing. I’d definitely buy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Am I the only person that wants convertible soft doors? 454FA5D9-A362-469F-96E2-182989F9CAF3
This is a pretty hot question and right now all I can tell you is that we don't have a date set for release. Thanks for your interest!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL

Jeep Wrangler JL Am I the only person that wants convertible soft doors? 454FA5D9-A362-469F-96E2-182989F9CAF3
This is a Jl....are these Prototype?

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Why does it have the vent at the front fender? Jks did not have them and the fenders are also rounded with the rubber bead !
I'm not trying to derail this thread so this will be my last reply on the subject here. The fender vent is an add on part, these are widely available. The windshield angle, fender angle, and hood latch are all consistent with JK. In addition, the Core Door uppers and Trektop Pro are all products we offer for JK only.
Good discussion.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Why does it have the vent at the front fender? Jks did not have them and the fenders are also rounded with the rubber bead !
The guy was a poser wanted a JL but couldn’t afford it so he just slapped on an appearance package on a JK to disguise it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
MILT

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Well the element doors would be the closest option to fit my needs, but sounds like they won’t be out for a while

I guess the market for soft uppers must be small. Or we need a lower priced alternative.
Sponsored