Am I the only one who likes my Jeep?

Nash

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk rubicon
Never in my life have I read so much sniveling BS.

Is my new Jeep perfect.....no, but it's the best one I've ever owned.

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

I am a fan of Jeeps and have been for years.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

My 17 JKUR had an auto and it was gutless.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.
I'll keep it short I love mine !!!! Loooooove it !

Sold my 2011 jkur for a Jlur and wow what a diffrence. I cant compaire to a 2017 JK but from a 2011 3.8l v6 6speed trany to a 3.6 pentastar with 8speed tranny woooow
Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I’m absolutely in love with mine. Is it 100% perfect? No. Are there some things I wish were different? Yes. Are those things dealbreakers or enough to make me wish I got something else? Absolutely not in the slightest. But it has zero real issues (knock on wood) and all the character in the world.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
I’m with you – I love my new Wrangler. Picked up a JL Rubicon last week and can’t stop driving it. Just added running boards, trailer hitch and fluid film’d the underbody. Ready to rock. These things are great, and FCA did a great job with the redesign. Any vehicle, no matter how expensive is going to have quirks.
Who cares - life is too short...enjoy what you have!
I noticed you said you put running boards on your Rubicon. We've ordered a Sport with them, because it's easier for my wife to get in, but in the back of my mind, I'd still like to have a Rubicon. But Ive noticed that they are not available as a factory option on Rubicon. So I was wondering did you get factory ones, or aftermarket, and did you have to remove the rock rails to install? Just curious what you got. Thanks

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Love mine every second I am in it, or looking at it.
Drove a 91 YJ for a year, 98 TJ for 11 years, and a 2000 Cherokee for 3 years.
JL is gorgeous inside and out.

The only thing I hate about it is...I do not have the time to take a vacation and drive it all over the country hitting trails and camping right now.

Sponsored

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
I had become a couch potatoe until I bought my Jeep. In 2 1/2 months of Jeep ownership I've been to Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and getting ready for a trip to Moab and then back to Colorado. Then planning Angel Fire and Red River as the snow moves in. I'll probably live longer because of the Jeep. :):) I much rather be driving my Jeep than setting around the house and as far as the topic of this thread goes, I love everything about my Jeep. The only other vehicle I've owned that made me this happy was a Toyota FJ and as much as I loved it I love the LJ more.

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
This is my 4th Wrangler and by far the best. It drives better, looks better, and performs better that any of my previous Jeeps.

Dice23

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2 door Jeep Wrangler Sport S with a 2 1/2” lift and 35 inch tires
Occupation
Clerk on the NYSE
Vehicle Showcase
Never in my life have I read so much sniveling BS.

Is my new Jeep perfect.....no, but it's the best one I've ever owned.

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

I am a fan of Jeeps and have been for years.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

My 17 JKUR had an auto and it was gutless.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.
That’s the best answer I have ever heard

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh snappp, yall postin pics upin here? Hold on!

Yes, Lil' Hulk actually got a theme...car mats...and yes, yes, those are Hulk Smash fists you see on those valve stems. Anddd a personalized Lil' Hulk License plate frame; and a steering wheel cover is on its way! :giggle: Am I smitten? Whatchuthink??

I don't call him Lil' HUlk for nothin'!

Maybe just a tiny little bit tad smitten...but not overly. I'm picturing two giant Hulk fists hanging from the rear-view mirror over that parking pass-thingy.

But I'm having trouble guessing what your favorite color might be...can't... put... finger... on it.... ;)

Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Love mine and completely happy with purchase. Some people are having issues, and if I had bad steering or in shop multiple times for electrical issues I would be as pissed off as they are.

My last vehicle was supposed to be big on build quality and for the majority this held true. Mine was in the shop 7 times over the warranty period, got sick of it, got rid of it.

It’s great if your vehicle is trouble free, not so much when you have problems. So while I am happy with my Jeep I understand how those with problems feel.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
This is my 7th Jeep, 3 were JK’s. Yes I had what I consider minor issues but I LOVE MY JEEP, issues I didn’t like with my JK’s were resolved with the JL. Now my wife wants my JL so I cannot decide on whether to order the diesel JL or wait for the diesel Gladiator.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
My Jeep (especially with Octane blasting) is my happy place.

and your ultimate devotion to your Jeep will be fulfilled the day when you dye your hair and paint your fingernails the Jeep color : )

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
My favorite car was my 2004 Honda Accord, as it was my first car ever. Sadly, I only drove it for about a year and it was totaled. Never thought I'd love a vehicle so much until I got my first ever JL Sahara. Its easily my favorite ride I've ever owned or driven. Im leasing it right now and I plan on buying it out. My son was born and driven back from the hospital in this Jeep. My next baby is due in May, and it'll be the same for him. I have emotional attachment to this Wrangler like never before...and 28k Miles later, its been good to me.
Sponsored