First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Never in my life have I read so much sniveling BS.

Is my new Jeep perfect.....no, but it's the best one I've ever owned.

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

I am a fan of Jeeps and have been for years.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

My 17 JKUR had an auto and it was gutless.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

I'm with you, my friend. I know how valuable forums are to share information and perhaps solve problems that could actually save a life. A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from other men's mistakes!

I'm also an older fellow and get sick and tired of some of these nonsense threads where folks just look for something to complain about. My father used to say, "stop complaining and go figure it out, a mouth running is not solving problems!" My black JL Rubicon and my wife's Mojito JL Sahara have been great and lots of fun. Always getting positive compliments and good questions. Yes the Sahara rides better (marginally) but I just completed a 3,200 mile trip in the Rubicon and I was still in good shape! Wasn't that bad on an open highway but construction areas were bouncy.....but so is trail riding.....so what's the issue?

I initially had "sensor" issues with my 2014 Ram 2500, but once we nailed it down it has been trouble free and I wouldn't trade it for any other truck. It's now my "hangin buddy"!

Complainers....stop complaining and start sharing solutions....you'll feel better.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Mine has been as close to perfect as any vehicle I've ever owned. I just crossed 9k miles and am loving every minute of it. I'm taking it to Moab in October and will push this thing hard. I'm expecting it to really shine on that trip. No reason not to.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I mean I owned my first in 2010. I loved and lived it throughout, but now stepping into my new JL it’s like how can I describe it..... it’s like a new girlfriend and you just wanna see her all the time and your so dam happy just so dam happy. You shower her with gifts and she’s the hottest And then it gets a little old but you still love them much and wouldn’t giveum away for anything offered. Well it’s that type of beginning feeling I’m having right now so no one can tell me I’m not IN LOVE!!!

B6F6637C-DBB0-482A-BD35-BE98A85FB8E6.jpeg

8DBCE61B-37AC-4C97-87C7-2DE8E3A0C81D.jpeg

18970F85-9920-44F0-B99D-2A30BD271032.jpeg

D0F12B47-15F7-4507-BCA8-C1924F147967.jpeg

C3AC3FDD-0604-4934-AE18-211028E1C40A.jpeg

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Love mine...just got back from a 30 day archery elk hunt where I put it through the paces. It touched pavement 1 day to resupply and fill gas tank and cans... 4 bulls took dirt naps... yes, a quartered bull fits in the back with seats laid flat and rack strapped to spare tire..lol

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara born on 5-18; 1999 TJ 2 Dr
Love my Jeep, no its not perfect but I’ve never owned a perfect vehicle. This one has character and charm. Owning a Jeep makes you want to own Jeeps. One isn’t enough. I watched a [Banned Site] video and caught the bug for a old Jeep PU! I can’t make myself sell my TJ. I still want to keep pouring money into that pit. The TJ has a different personality and is fun in a different way. I was going to drive this 18JL Sahara for a couple years and trade it for a Rubicon diesel, but my wife has drove my JL and now she has the bug! So even if I want to buy a Rubicon the Sahara stays.

I think Jeep is on the right track, like many I just hope they listen to us, their customers, and have a goal to produce the most reliable Jeep ever to grace the trails of this Nation. Please make proximity locks a dealer installed option... we know you can.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I mean I owned my first in 2010. I loved and lived it throughout, but now stepping into my new JL it’s like how can I describe it..... it’s like a new girlfriend and you just wanna see her all the time and your so dam happy just so dam happy. You shower her with gifts and she’s the hottest And then it gets a little old but you still love them much and wouldn’t giveum away for anything offered. Well it’s that type of beginning feeling I’m having right now so no one can tell me I’m not IN LOVE!!!

B6F6637C-DBB0-482A-BD35-BE98A85FB8E6.jpeg

8DBCE61B-37AC-4C97-87C7-2DE8E3A0C81D.jpeg

18970F85-9920-44F0-B99D-2A30BD271032.jpeg

D0F12B47-15F7-4507-BCA8-C1924F147967.jpeg

C3AC3FDD-0604-4934-AE18-211028E1C40A.jpeg
Great post! And I also like how the Sport S granite wheels look on the dark red/maroon Jeep.

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU; 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; 2019 Jeep Cherokee
They all like their Jeeps, some are just whiners and some have a habit of bitching......lol.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I am a first time jeep owner. I’ve owned high end performance European sports cars since 2002. The JL is no sports car, but there are no disappointments either. In fact the opposite, I have only accolades for jeep. They nailed it. We’ll engineered, well assembled. My design suggestions on JLR:
-Limited slip rear diff
-Trail rail system extends under rear seat so when folded down you have tie downs
-speed sensing wipers
-more range gas tank
-auto window up
-gas cap holder on fuel door
-embedded radio antenna
-transmission drive modes
-wheel locks
and Fan Motor !!!

Sponsored

jaben

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I share your opinion. I’ve had a CJ, YJ, a couple of XJs, TJ, JKUR and a Cherokee Trailhawk and now my JLUR.
I loved them all. They all had their quirks but loved them.
This one is my favourite. All the comforts of the Trailhawk on the wrangler platform. I don’t think I could have designed it any better.
Love it!

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
My Jeep has a bunch of issues, is exhausting to drive, and I expect it won't age well – but I absolutely LOVE it.

I've learned that buying a Wrangler is sort of like marrying me–you have to enter the relationship with realistic (read: lowered) expectations. My wife dated a drug addict before me, so my lack of culture, early onset of dad body, and unusually large head didn't bother her as much as they would have had she dated David Beckham before me. I went into the relationship with my Wrangler having done research, fully expecting a litany of little issues.

The other day I picked up my kids from school and started the Wrangler in front of a group of parents. The starter did that squeal/thump thing and someone said, "Whoa. Might wanna have that checked out." Like a good Jedi whose training is nearly complete, I calmly replied, "Oh, that's just a Jeep thing." I feel like I'm a real Wrangler owner now.

Really do love the lifestyle and community that's part of owning a Wrangler.

pyrateer

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker (Plum Crazy Purple), 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (6-speed/white/soft top)
I also love my Jeep! I have no complaints to make about the vehicle - it is a Jeep. I just wish I hadn't used the argument with my wife that our 15 year old could use it to learn to drive. Now he is driving it all the time and I never get to see it unless it needs gas!!
Sponsored