First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUSport S
Occupation
Parts Person
Nope, definitely not alone! I'm a first time Jeep owner, I've always wanted one and even after a month I still can't wipe the grin off my face! Any chance I get I'm out and about in it!

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
We love ours. Even tho it got a lot of hail damage after having it for only 6 weeks. Hopefully sometime on October it will go in for repair after picking up my wife’s Honda Pilot.

After it gets repaired, it will go in for an oil leak. Looks like the real main seal may be leaking.

9F67684B-B1EB-41B9-AAAE-096CDF629856.jpeg

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I love mine more every time I take it out, drifty steering and all. And that fuckin' fan! I love that thing!
ROFLLLL! I'm the same about that fan! Jokah is LOUDDDDD and I LOVE IT! Especially when I drive by people and it kicks on and they look up like "where the 747 at??" :cwl::cwl::cwl: I be like YEAUUHHH! :rock::rock::rock:

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

ill have to go drive mine to listen to the fan. ive never noticed it being loud. our 2015 Ford Explorer had a LOUD fan. that thing i noticed. i thought something was wrong with it.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
ill have to go drive mine to listen to the fan. ive never noticed it being loud. our 2015 Ford Explorer had a LOUD fan. that thing i noticed. i thought something was wrong with it.
Ye mine just comes on when i turn the AC on. it spools up like Jet engines...I love hearing it! :sun:

I owned a turbo for 13yrs prior to this Jeep and that's one the things I actually cried about when my PTGT got towed away and was totaled. I knew I was gonna miss that Turbo spooling up. Well oddly, this Fan on the Jeep has made me content LOL! It's not a turbo noise but it satisfies my need to hear the turbo noise that I miss and cherished, because it's so loud and sorta spools up as well like a big Jet engine! :idea:

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Love our Jeep. We had a 13 JK we loved and with all the upgrade in this one we love this one even more.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Never in my life have I read so much sniveling BS.
@hutchman

Yup, indeed there is a lot of it here .. ... Suggest you be like a dog..... kick some grass on it and move on.

---
Just enjoy your JL and this forum.

Sponsored

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
Love my new JL Rubicon and my new Ram 1500! No issues with either. Best Jeep and best truck i have ever owned.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Loved my 18 until my track bar mount sheared off. Loved it so much, I have a 19 on order. I’m like a kid waiting on Christmas. Only problem is, I’m running out of room in my garage - ACE sliders, LoD front bumper and skid, X2O winch, and Mopar beadlocks are seriously reducing my storage capacity.

Is it November yet?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Ye mine just comes on when i turn the AC on. it spools up like Jet engines...I love hearing it! :sun:

I owned a turbo for 13yrs prior to this Jeep and that's one the things I actually cried about when my PTGT got towed away and was totaled. I knew I was gonna miss that Turbo spooling up. Well oddly, this Fan on the Jeep has made me content LOL! It's not a turbo noise but it satisfies my need to hear the turbo noise that I miss and cherished, because it's so loud and sorta spools up as well like a big Jet engine! :idea:
Sorry to hear about your Cruiser, 13 yrs so you know how good the Turbo PTs are, We have 4 of them 3 are GT sticks, couple of those ragtops.

per OP, only have had the Sahara for a day and thoroughly pleased, sure it will be a good purchase.

per the fan, to some it must be lousey FCA quality because "my Prius had a quiet fan", so I will report to consumer retard reports LOL, if you want to hear a loud fan, listen to a 5.9 magnum with the viscous fan in Durango or Dakota. The first minute when started it sounds like a school bus, but works perfectly fine as I am sure the fans in the Wrangler will.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The problem started when the JL came out and started to appeal to people who otherwise would have never been interested in them. From "noisy tops" to "1/8 inch of play in steering" i could bet a majority are first time converts from passats and other very different vehicles. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself do you want one of the most capable SOLID axle vehicles, or do you want ultimate daily driver comfort. I feel the JL gets close, but you cannot compare this in a daily commute setting to a Honda CRV.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I am a first time jeep owner. I’ve owned high end performance European sports cars since 2002. The JL is no sports car, but there are no disappointments either. In fact the opposite, I have only accolades for jeep. They nailed it. We’ll engineered, well assembled. My design suggestions on JLR:
-Limited slip rear diff
-Trail rail system extends under rear seat so when folded down you have tie downs
-speed sensing wipers
-more range gas tank
-auto window up
-gas cap holder on fuel door
-embedded radio antenna
-transmission drive modes
-wheel locks
I’m with you- 5 European sports cars before the JL. I might be able to say I like the JL more than all of them, but it’s hard to say for sure. Definitely when you factor in the cost to buy and the cost to maintain.

And also, the reason a Wrangler can’t have rain sensing wipers (they don’t sense speed it’s the rain they sense if I’m not mistaken) is because the windshield is foldable and nothing to can affixed to the glass- including the rear view mirror.
Sponsored