First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Black, Freedom Top, 3.6L, Auto, steel bumper,
Occupation
Musician / Personal Trainer
Agreed!! I love my JLU and would recommend it to anyone! I actually saw somebody complain about the welds on the JLU and that was a reason for them selling it! These welds are done by computers and robots and then are x-rayed for proper penetration. Ridiculous! To me, if you were looking for things like that to be wrong then you just don’t want a Jeep.
Sponsored

bzjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
As a self-proclaimed "Jeep Guy", I've actually only owned 3 Jeeps. Growing up taking annual trips to Moab with my family caused me to develop a love for the Jeep. In high school, my dad and I worked on a 93 YJ 4.0L which I drove until I graduated. Shortly after selling it, I began to miss it and ended up purchasing an 01 Grand Cherokee Limited which turned out to be not as much fun as the Wrangler and a bit of a money pit due to reliability issues. Fast-forward 10+ years and I purchased my new JLUR which has taken me back to my high school days in many ways while providing the comfort and conveniences that I've been used to for the past 10 years in my other vehicles.

There are several things I don't love about the Jeep, but nothing that makes me regret the purchase.

intheaspens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I LOVE my JL! Only had it a month, but it is so much smoother, quieter, and roomier than my TJ! No steering problems here - not sure what that's all about! My only problems are getting used to not using a key and that @#$@#$ ASS switch!

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
You know what I hate.... Love bugs.... Those little pieces of $h!t are the devil. I hope they all die and go back to hell where they belong.

SittiB

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Never in my life have I read so much sniveling BS.

Is my new Jeep perfect.....no, but it's the best one I've ever owned.

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

I am a fan of Jeeps and have been for years.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

My 17 JKUR had an auto and it was gutless.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.
Love our 2018 Wrangler JL. No steering problems once we changed original tire pressure from 42 to 36, gas mileage ok..did not buy for gas mileage, have hard top, but love being able to "pop the tops" when we want to, easy to put Roadmaster tow bar on it for our motor home traveling. What's not to like???

Sponsored

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
It is hard to like it when it has been in the shop with the transmission out for the last 3 weeks. I've only owned it for 6 weeks.

:cwl:

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I Love my Rubicon JL
Zero issues

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I owned my first in 2010. I loved and lived it throughout, but now stepping into my new JL it’s like how can I describe it..... it’s like a new girlfriend and you just wanna see her all the time and your so dam happy just so dam happy. You shower her with gifts and she’s the hottest And then it gets a little old but you still love them much and wouldn’t giveum away for anything offered. Well it’s that type of beginning feeling I’m having right now so no one can tell me I’m not IN LOVE!!!

B6F6637C-DBB0-482A-BD35-BE98A85FB8E6.jpeg

8DBCE61B-37AC-4C97-87C7-2DE8E3A0C81D.jpeg

18970F85-9920-44F0-B99D-2A30BD271032.jpeg

D0F12B47-15F7-4507-BCA8-C1924F147967.jpeg

C3AC3FDD-0604-4934-AE18-211028E1C40A.jpeg
Best looking JLUSport on the forum!!! Love the mods!!!

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
4 months, 4000 miles, zero issues. Has performed perfectly, and been perfect for my needs so far.:like::jk:

rogo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Automation and Controls
I absolutely love mine! just came from a 2017 Ford Focus ST. Awesome car, but not for me. I needed my axles back having come from a Cherokee XJ a few years back.

It is an expensive beast, I know, but there's nothing else like it and I feel myself that Chrysler got it right with the JL. What a joy to drive. Rides so smooth.

Rubyred9

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL 4 door
Never in my life have I read so much sniveling BS.

Is my new Jeep perfect.....no, but it's the best one I've ever owned.

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

I am a fan of Jeeps and have been for years.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

My 17 JKUR had an auto and it was gutless.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.

I’m with you – I love my new Wrangler. Picked up a JL Rubicon last week and can’t stop driving it. Just added running boards, trailer hitch and fluid film’d the underbody. Ready to rock. These things are great, and FCA did a great job with the redesign. Any vehicle, no matter how expensive is going to have quirks.
Who cares - life is too short...enjoy what you have!

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
My Jeep has a bunch of issues, is exhausting to drive, and I expect it won't age well – but I absolutely LOVE it.

I've learned that buying a Wrangler is sort of like marrying me–you have to enter the relationship with realistic (read: lowered) expectations. My wife dated a drug addict before me, so my lack of culture, early onset of dad body, and unusually large head didn't bother her as much as they would have had she dated David Beckham before me. I went into the relationship with my Wrangler having done research, fully expecting a litany of little issues.

The other day I picked up my kids from school and started the Wrangler in front of a group of parents. The starter did that squeal/thump thing and someone said, "Whoa. Might wanna have that checked out." Like a good Jedi whose training is nearly complete, I calmly replied, "Oh, that's just a Jeep thing." I feel like I'm a real Wrangler owner now.

Really do love the lifestyle and community that's part of owning a Wrangler.
LMAO!

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
I’m new to this forum, but not new to automotive forums in general. In general, automotive forums are frequented by three types:

1. The Noob. The noob just got his car. He’s driven it exactly 10 miles (home from the dealership), but he already knows it’s the best vehicle ever. The noob will start thread after thread with pictures of his bone stock ride, but probably stop contributing before his first oil change.
  2. The Complainer. This guy has found a problem with his new car....and he’s pissed. He wants you to be pissed, too. He hasn’t gone to the dealer yet, or done any research other than to find this forum. When his issue is fixed, he will slowly slip away.
  3. The Enthusist. He wants to talk about his car. He knows everything about it. What size nut holds on the power steering pump? This guys knows off the top of his head. You can identify him by his high post count and his constant reminder to “do a search”.
Sponsored