First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Chrysler has been good to me for many decades and my RAM and JL RUBICON are probably the best I've ever had--

I was excited when I got the first 1974 DODGE RAMCHARGER(440)/4WD/REMOVABLE TOP-but

It wasn't quite as refined as my RAM--

Will wonders never cease !
W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
I’m with you- 5 European sports cars before the JL. I might be able to say I like the JL more than all of them, but it’s hard to say for sure. Definitely when you factor in the cost to buy and the cost to maintain.

And also, the reason a Wrangler can’t have rain sensing wipers (they don’t sense speed it’s the rain they sense if I’m not mistaken) is because the windshield is foldable and nothing to can affixed to the glass- including the rear view mirror.
I didn't think about the windshield folding down. Yeah, having the wrangler is so different driving it's like driving a new car each time when swapping between. How the rain sensor works depends on th car. My clk (2009) is rain drops only. The 981S (2014) is drops and speed. Probably because of newer tech. I forget how my BMWs E53, E38 operated. My E38 back in 2002 baptized me to maintenance costs. Essentially added a zero to everything. :)

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Love my JL!!! Hahahaha!!! :bandit:

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
This is my 4th Jeep and 3rd Wrangler... The best one yet. Build quality is far superior to anything they have produced in the past and the comfort (for a Jeep) is off the charts... whats not to like?

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Love my Jeep. has some quirks. but what car doesnt. you can get a 2.4 million dollar McLaren and still have issues.

Also tired of the complaints about FCA and the BS they been making jeeps since when ever and they cant get it right. etc.... Well go get a GM or a Ford or something else. all those companies been making cars just as long or longer and they still have issues.

The problem with whiners is thats all they do..... nothing pleases them. there can be MANY MANY things that is amazing with the vehicle they buy and yet those 1 or 2 things they dont like or have issues with is what turns them off.

Sponsored

JCM32

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Occupation
Finance
Totally agree. This is my third jeep and the very first time a saw the JL online, I knew I had to upgrade my 13 JKU. I worked out which trim level and options I wanted. If I was going to upgrade, I was going all the way or nothing. Ordered my JLUR on Jan 29th, then proceeded to wait almost 4 months for it. Yes, I was frustrated, but I wasn't alone. Dealership was great through the process. It was like 100 Christmas mornings the day it came in. I absolutely love it. Is it perfect? no, but neither am I. Huge fan of the JL!

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Love my jeeps (jl and tj)
I am not going to accept a issue filled jeep though. So a new jl is on the way.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Just a note- I actually don’t see much complaining. I see similar complaints- but not many of them. And remember, this is a forum. If you DID have an issue, this would be a great place to get answers- from people that have them.

So I don’t want to be negative, but if I am- it’s to the question about others being so. I love my Jeep and I would bet that resonates to 95% or better on here.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Love my Jeep. has some quirks. but what car doesnt. you can get a 2.4 million dollar McLaren and still have issues.

Also tired of the complaints about FCA and the BS they been making jeeps since when ever and they cant get it right. etc.... Well go get a GM or a Ford or something else. all those companies been making cars just as long or longer and they still have issues.

The problem with whiners is thats all they do..... nothing pleases them. there can be MANY MANY things that is amazing with the vehicle they buy and yet those 1 or 2 things they dont like or have issues with is what turns them off.

On the plus side, no matter what issues people are having with their Jeeps, at least the seat belt doesn't catch on fire after you have been in an accident. :whew:

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/06/6452...ucks-recalled-due-to-reported-seat-belt-fires

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I LOVE MY JEEP!!! Its perfect. I bought my Wife a 2018 4Runner and I got jealous of the new Ride and Bought myself my 2018 JLU Sept 1st. so now we're both rocking some very good fun vehicles to drive. The beauty of it. Our Income Tax Returns pay for the payments :) Thank god for Trump and having 2 kids LOL

My last Wrangler was a TJ and I drove a JK. The JK is gutless and well TJ was too small. the JL is just light years ahead one both the JK AND TJ. It is awesome!!!

Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Love the JL so much, I traded my 6 month old JL Sahara with 11,000 trouble free miles in for a JL Rubicon a month ago! (Never done that with any of the previous makes/models we have ever had....European or American!!!)So there JL Haters! HAHAHAHA.....

jvasquez8

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535
Never in my life have I read so much sniveling BS.

Is my new Jeep perfect.....no, but it's the best one I've ever owned.

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

I am a fan of Jeeps and have been for years.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

My 17 JKUR had an auto and it was gutless.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.
LOVE MINE!!!

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Just a note- I actually don’t see much complaining. I see similar complaints- but not many of them. And remember, this is a forum. If you DID have an issue, this would be a great place to get answers- from people that have them.

So I don’t want to be negative, but if I am- it’s to the question about others being so. I love my Jeep and I would bet that resonates to 95% or better on here.
I agree with with your saying that this is a place to bring all forms of discussion and a good place to get feedback on issues one may have. It is another thing entirely to have trolls lingering who are only here to say why they hate them, wont own one, why their other model is so much better, and quieter, and handles like a McLaren, gets fuel mileage like a Tesla, and on and on and on.
It gets old especially when you know they are exaggerating and or just repeating some crap they heard or read, and having virtually 0 first hand knowledge or experience. The same situation arose during the first several years of the JK release.

Bravo Sierra is thick on the dark side'.

RERAIL

First Name
Kell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SPORT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement

I also have a new Ram Rebel and it's the best truck I've ever owned, but it's not perfect either. They were both designed by humans and built by humans. Last time I checked, none of us are perfect.

The last CJ7 I owned was dangerous to drive untill I spent some time and money on it.

My 03 Rubicon wandered all over the road until I got used to the short wheelbase and quick steering.

My 06 Rubicon had a noisy top. It was so loud on the highway, it gave me a headache.

The 03 had a transmission that sounded like it had marbles rolling around in it.

My JL has none of the above issues. It drives good. It is quiet for a soft top. The soft top is the easiest to operate of any Jeep I've ever owned. The fuel economy is 5 mpg better than any of the my others. It has more power than any of my other Jeeps.

In short it is the best Jeep I've ever owned and I refuse to make apologies for that. I like it!

And FWIW, I will not respond to any whiny, sniveling, snot nosed troll who tries to convince me I'm wrong.

Special Ordered a 2018 JLU Sport Aug 22. It is now in my garage and it drives perfect. Its quieter than my former 2004 Dodge 3500 with a Cummins. A little wind noise (Hard top) that's kinda cool actually. Hothead headliners in the mail. It should be great. I'm truly sorry for the Rubicon owners. They do seem to be having the most problems.
Sponsored