Sponsored

Am i the only one who is bummed about this???

KittyWhip

First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I am on my 9th Wrangler... always a sport... always dreaming of owning a Sahara. I always had the black (and eventually grey) fender flares and was so jealous of the Sahara body colored fenders. Those fender flares were (in my mind) what made that Sahara look so much better than my Jeeps.

A week ago my Sahara dreams came true and I put a deposit on my first brand new Jeep Sahara! I feel terrible for even bringing up one single bad thing because I’m so grateful... but the fender flares y’all!? They are not the solid body color... they’ve got the black accents down the side which break up the color a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I’m 1000% obessessed with the new Sahara, but this one tiny detail is a bit of a bummer.

Am I the only one who thinks this? #kittywhip

EE15735E-83F8-4801-B8FE-92A00F36FD09.jpeg
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I am on my 9th Wrangler... always a sport... always dreaming of owning a Sahara. I always had the black (and eventually grey) fender flares and was so jealous of the Sahara body colored fenders. Those fender flares were (in my mind) what made that Sahara look so much better than my Jeeps.

A week ago my Sahara dreams came true and I put a deposit on my first brand new Jeep Sahara! I feel terrible for even bringing up one single bad thing because I’m so grateful... but the fender flares y’all!? They are not the solid body color... they’ve got the black accents down the side which break up the color a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I’m 1000% obessessed with the new Sahara, but this one tiny detail is a bit of a bummer.

I wouldn't sweat too much about it until you see one in person. It'll probably look much better then. There was alot of squawking about them when they were running around on prototypes and in camoflage. They look MUCH better on photos of more finished units. Besides, there will be aftermarket options if they don't look good, I'm sure.

I think the new Sahara is gorgeous. Especially in the Ocean Blue rendering. Let us know what you think when you take delivery!

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

No, @AVENTUS hates them even more than you

Brand0n

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15AEVJKUR
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I feel terrible for even bringing up one single bad thing because I’m so grateful... but the fender flares y’all!? They are not the solid body color... they’ve got the black accents down the side which break up the color a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I’m 1000% obessessed with the new Sahara, but this one tiny detail is a bit of a bummer.

x2 Not a fan of the vinyl/plastic anywhere on the jeeps... just have to get painted aftermarkets

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I like them, I was forced into body coloured fenders and don’t like them, whereas a black accent would break up the sedan look.

That black rubber also seems functional, both for protection and looks like it will help redirect splashes and muck away from the body and open windows better than before.

And most importantly, they are likely easily removable if you want to simply take them off and then finish the ends to look like the old style single piece of plastic.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I'm with you 100%, and raise you one because the lights look even more terrible than the black lip. It's the only thing that makes the Jeep look like a Chinese knockoff. I plan on getting a white Sahara, and I'm struggling with how to solve this flare FAIL. I don't like aftermarket flares, whether they are flat or those bulky bushwacker ones, so I may:
-color match black lip
-black out turn signal lenses

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Honestly, I LOVE it. I think the new fender flares look amazing, especially true against the lighter colored paint schemes. It gives the vehicle a more modern and expensive look, whereas the JK flares look like they came right out of the Rubbermaid isle at Lowe's. I truly think the new flares are in the top 5 improvements made to the JL.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
If it's proven possible I'll probably remove them and move the turn signals to the grill where they belong. Maybe I'll do something with the marker lights. I'm not a fan of all these extra flashy crap everywhere - mirror turn signals, third brake light, fender blinkers. It's like auto makers are forced to all this extra work to get people's attention because they can't put their jackass mocha latte or cell phone down while they're driving.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nope. Absolutely hate painted fenders and hardtops. Gimme plastic that can get beat up all day in those areas.
I agree, this is also why I don't like lights on the fenders. It will cost too much money to replace one of these fenders. I suppose the light in them can be kept from the old one assuming you don't break it too.
Sponsored