Am I like Don Quixote?

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
I notice that our friends in the colonies (sorry guys over in the US and Canada) maintain their full warranty if they add a dealer installed Mopar lift kit.

From very initial investigation in the UK it appears that this might be an issue?

Is this a "Jeep thing" over the whole of Europe, or just a potential UK restriction?

As my JLUR was born with a 5 year warranty I feel that it would be a shame to add a lift kit and then void another 4 and a half years warranty on any suspension issues.

I feel like this might be worth battling for, what do you all think?
Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I haven’t installed a lift but I did make enquiries about the Mopar one with the dealer I bought the Jeep from and they told me the warranty wouldn’t be effected.

I don’t see how they could deny warranty claims where Mopar parts have been dealer installed.

Maybe a call to FCA customer services (Italy) might clear this up for you... 00800 0426 5337 your call gets routed to an English speaking member of their team.

@Frontal

OP
OP
Frontal

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
I haven’t installed a lift but I did make enquiries about the Mopar one with the dealer I bought the Jeep from and they told me the warranty wouldn’t be effected.

I don’t see how they could deny warranty claims where Mopar parts have been dealer installed.

Maybe a call to FCA customer services (Italy) might clear this up for you... 00800 0426 5337 your call gets routed to an English speaking member of their team.

@Frontal
I will be taking this up with FCA in Italy on Monday morning, wish me luck..........

OP
OP
Frontal

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Well, after contacting FCA in Italy they went away for a few days and said ..........

Yes, no problem, you can fit a Mopar lift kit and your warranty will not be impacted.

I also requested this in an email, and the reply is below.

"Thank you for contacting Jeep.

In relation to your enquiry relating to the fitment of a Mopar kit available in the US, with Part number in the US of K77072395AB.

Following our recent correspondence we have had further information provided by our Parts department for the UK market. The part to order in the EMEA region is K77072395AC, we have stock in our central Italian warehouse. This should be covered by the usual 2 year warranty under normal use which is consistent with our previous emails.

This part would be available to order from a UK based retailer not withstanding upcoming potential disruption related to potential changes to import protocols.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 18:00 and Saturday from 08:00 until 17:00 on 00800 0426 5337, choosing option 2.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Care FCA EMEA Jeep

MARCO VERPILIO"

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Not sure that what they say in that email actually confirms that the 5 year warranty is sound.
It suggests to me that the parts are covered by a 2 year warranty, but they don't seem to be confirming that if you fit them, the base vehicle 5 year warranty will be preserved :(

Is there something in the previous emails that confirms the 5 year warranty if you fit the lift kit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Frontal

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Not sure that what they say in that email actually confirms that the 5 year warranty is sound.
It suggests to me that the parts are covered by a 2 year warranty, but they don't seem to be confirming that if you fit them, the base vehicle 5 year warranty will be preserved :(

Is there something in the previous emails that confirms the 5 year warranty if you fit the lift kit?
You are quite right.

The base 5 Yr will not be impacted, but the standard 2 Yr on the lift kit will be honored.

I think that it would be too much to ask for an extended warranty on the lift kit.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
No, but as far as I understand @lohr500 means that in case you install the MOPAR lift THE KIT itself will "be covered by the usual 2 year warranty under normal use which is consistent with our previous emails" , BUT they never said that the VEHICLE will be still covered by the manufacturer 5-year warranty as without altering the suspension. Am I mistaken?

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
It always baffles me how much warranty some get! We get a 2 years only warranty, that's it... :( It gets even more ridiculous, knowing that we have very little off-road area's, and most Wranglers (or Jeeps for that matter), spend most of their life on paved roads.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
It always baffles me how much warranty some get! We get a 2 years only warranty, that's it... :( It gets even more ridiculous, knowing that we have very little off-road area's, and most Wranglers (or Jeeps for that matter), spend most of their life on paved roads.
It's 5 years in Cyprus, as THEY say. And THEY say the stock suspension is covered for 5 years as well . I don't believe. First I want to see my car, and then we will see the rest :)

NYLONZ

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020 - 2.0 StingGray, TJ 2004 - 4.0
My supplying dealer in the UK told me that the Genuine Mopar Lift Kit would not effect the 5 yr warranty, neither would fitting a steel front bumper or running 35's.
I trust this guy as unlike most of the sales guys you speak to he's been in the Jeep game for over 15 yrs.
I'd still be surprised that if after 3 yrs of having the Kit fitted one of the shocks springs a leak they'd cover it - if the parts in the Kit come with a 2yr Warranty then you can't argue with that.
Sponsored