Sponsored

Am I crazy trading in a Challenger Scat Pack for a Wrangler?

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
While our situations are different (I traded because of divorce), I think I'm actually enjoying my Jeep more than my Hellcat. Since moving to the beach it's been a lot of fun. Picture of the Hellcat for reference.

HellCat.jpg
Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
To make a long story short I was between getting a Wrangler and Challenger early this year. I ultimately went with the Challenger. My wife and I unexpectedly switched jobs recently and now we find ourselves living in the VERY hilly / damp / slick Pacific Northwest. In a nutshell, my Challenger is all over the place at times when the roads are damp, and it's been stuck on two hills it simply can't go up... the RWD and massive torque is awesome but is causing issues. I've been looking at various wheel / tire setups recently to help my situation, but ended up poking around looking at 4WD Wranglers again. I've got a reasonably good trade worked out by since I'm the son of an FCA worker and get employee pricing, and the Wrangler is pretty much the exact setup I want. I just think it's a perfect vehicle for all the outdoor splendor and challenges the terrain presents around here. Am I crazy to trade in my Challenger? I realize that this is a pretty biased crowd, but I'm curious about any "balanced" feedback I can get. Thanks for your time and help!
Early on after my divorce many years ago, I usually always owned two vehicles. One car (or sports car if you will), and one truck, or 4x4 vehicle of some sorts, but never owned a jeep. Years on since, I only want to maintain one vehicle now, and my last ride, 2015 BMW 435xi was traded in on a 2018 JL Rubicon. I love my BMW's, but I've been very happy in the Jeep, and haven't missed that BMW at all. To your question, I think it's reasonable to want to trade your Challenger in on a Jeep. If the deal is right you can only benefit from the deal. The jeep will hold it values much better than the Challenger as well years down the road when you are ready for a new Jeep or something else at that time.

Pic added for reference
20180623_115507.jpg