Am I crazy trading in a Challenger Scat Pack for a Wrangler?

1. IceAge

IceAge Member

First Name:
    GG
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    Liked:
    The new JLs are super nice and just can’t see a Challenger being practical for your daily driving. It’s a no brainer time to move on and their will always be sunnier days to eventually get a Challenger again. And I’m a huge MOPAR fan owner of all the brands so I can honestly say the Jeep is the answer. And here’s some of mine:
    97AEBEE1-DB58-4C37-845B-7D3432F32E5E.jpeg

jrohan07, UKCATS and JLUin818 like this.
  2. Mike630

Mike630 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Wrangler Rubicon
    Liked:
    I went from a Mustang GT to a 2 door Rubicon last month and have been loving every minute of it.

The speed difference between the Wrangler and your Challenger won’t be that big anyway

3. JLUin818

JLUin818 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU
    Liked:
    Man that Challenger is gorgeous :rock:

4. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
    Liked:
    A Wrangler won’t really help you with damp hills since it’s 2WD and open differential for most of the time on the majority of them. I haven’t heard of many people moving the transfer case lever into 4HI for driving in light rain.

My advice is to get more appropriate tires for your Challenger. High performance summer tires and cold and wet weather don’t mix well. Or buy a Subaru like everyone else in the Northwest.

VNT likes this.
  5. higbyz

higbyz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0 Orange Crosstrek, 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster custom ( RIP )
    Liked:
    When my 2020 comes in I have to say goodbye to my Allroad . I simply cant afford to keep them both ! Im sure thats the case with many people struggling over trading in cars that they love. The mystical Wrangler attraction can make you do crazy things.

Roky likes this.
  6. UKCATS

UKCATS Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    I play piano in a whorehouse
    Octane Red. My fav. Pics like this don’t help me resist the temptation to add one to the stable.

IceAge likes this.
  7. DaK

DaK Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    Been in your shoes, get rid of supercharged road beast for a mild mannered "grocery getter". Welp the wrangler opens up a whole other world that your pavement princess road beast will never let you have access too. No longer will you have to wonder, "why are all those jeeps there? Where are they going? What are they going to see/experience?" And yet you can still go to the coffee and krawlers meet and greets in your wrangler. Instead of standing around in some parking lot with your hood up admiring each others detailing you can now admire fellow jeepers mud and mods. Also, the stories are much better from jeepers then they are fm pavement pounding princesses just be leary of any story that starts out with either, "there I was or, ya should have been there".

Anyways, you will miss the power at first but once you turn down that dirt road/path you will forget all about that horsepower/torque fm the cubic inches. And if you really miss all that power and torque, ya can always put a hemi in the wrangler, then you will have the best of both worlds.

8. gofastguy

gofastguy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
    Liked:
    Tires for the Challenger are your answer if you want to keep it, but if you can afford to the best is to keep both. If you are a car guy nothing beats having the choice!

9. OP
    OP
    pantheman75

pantheman75 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Ford Mustang, 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
    Liked:
    I'll be getting a Sahara type setup with the auto 4WD and limited slip diff so that should help me quite a bit.

Jeeper Fever likes this.
  10. KrispyKotex

KrispyKotex Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler JL Rubicon, Prior TJ Sport, Prior JKU Sport, 370Z Nismo, General Deluxe
    Liked:
    Network Engineer
    I know the answer..............put a Hellcat engine in your jeep like my friend did. Problem solved! (no, this is not photo-shopped) upload_2019-9-25_7-23-23.jpeg

JLUin818, apb, higbyz and 1 other person like this.
  11. higbyz

higbyz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0 Orange Crosstrek, 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster custom ( RIP )
    Liked:
    Do you stock that pond ?

12. apb

apb Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I did the exact same thing, except I got a 2 door Rubicon. The only thing I miss is the sound of that 6.4L, everything else outweighs that loss tenfold though! The power was wasted on me anyway, very rarely got to open it up and when I did was always on the lookout for the fuzz. I have to say I am loving this 2 door, very fun to drive and maneuver.

Jeeper Fever, RagTopDeluxe and higbyz like this.
  13. wvgasguy

wvgasguy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
    Liked:
    Retired
    I gave up on performance cars a long time ago. You can't keep up, as they change them every year making the next one just a little better....and you are never satisfied with the hp you have. Then, the issue of never really being able to use 50% of the performance because of laws and insurance really makes it something just to look at. The Jeep gives me a "retro" ride (that is it reminds me of driving a classic car (poor handling, poor steering, etc) and can go anywhere. It's performance is 100% usable and its style is classic

apb and higbyz like this.
  14. higbyz

higbyz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    " retro ride......poor handling,poor steering..." lol, Magical little bastards , arent they ? Got a grip on all of us !

UKCATS likes this.
  15. Spearmin

Spearmin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU
    Liked:
    Monday, I pulled up to Starbucks to get my morning tea. The forecast called for 90 degrees that day (which is unheard off for this time of year here), so the Jeep was naked. As I hopped out and headed to the counter, I heard an excited a voice breaking through my morning fog. I realized someone was speaking to me. This older gentleman was like, "dude you look so cool getting out of that jeep. You stopped me in my tracks and I had to do a double take.." He proceeded to excitedly follow me to the counter and talk Jeep shop with me, as I waited on line and did my transaction (mind you he was originally on his way out). Since these were the first words coming out of my mouth since I woke up that morning, I struggled to find polite comebacks to his comments without seeming rude or snobbish. Eventually, he said goodbye and complimented my jeep again. He threw in one last comment before leaving "I have a Maserati". When I walked out, I saw the guy way off in the parking lot standing next to his Maserati. I just hope he didn't mistake my morning fog for for snobbishness. So nah I dot think your crazy at all...