Sponsored

Am I Crazy to want to keep Stock Wheels?

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I think BFG also makes an 11" 35.
OP, you might just put the tires on (I agree about not going wider than a 11.5 on the stock wheel) and see if you even want a lift. For the four wheeling you're talking about doing you may be just fine, and keeping lower center of gravity is almost always a plus!

Shouldn't need spacers if you go that route first since you have the nice & wide Rubicon axles :)

https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/35X11.50R17.htm

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I don't have a Rubi, but I like the look of the wheels on my 80th Edition. They're staying, even though I did upgrade to 33" tires. Same wheels are used on one of the Gladiator trims.

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Though, they are not a true 35" tire, look at 315/70/17 tires. There are quite a few that show they will work with a 7.5" wide wheel. I don't want to go to a lift, but after I add bumpers, winch, & some rock rails, I want to recoup some of the lost ground clearance. I really like my stock JLUR wheels & would like to keep them too.

My search on several of the common online tire stores show wheel width of 7.5" to 8.5/9" for a lot of 315/70/17 tires. Of course some show 8-9" wheels, so you just have to look. But, there are some real good options out there, that are worth considering.

I say keep the stock wheels, I certainly plan on it.
:like:

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
The Mopar Bead-Lock-Capable wheels are the only other ones that I've considered. They're 8", not 8.5" though.

Hard to drop $2,000 when I do like the Rubicon wheels, though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Am I Crazy to want to keep Stock Wheels? 3B0D3845-BE0F-4ED2-844E-879611C36855
That is the only wheel I'm interested in too, but they are rather expensive and I can't quite justify spending that much for a wheel that looks close to my Gladiator wheels. Besides, I like the stock wheels that came on my Willys JL. So hard to decide.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That is the only wheel I'm interested in too, but they are rather expensive and I can't quite justify spending that much for a wheel that looks close to my Gladiator wheels. Besides, I like the stock wheels that came on my Willys JL. So hard to decide.
that wheel is gorgous, i have sen them in person.. but you should research the weight.. they are wildly heavy

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I think the Rubicon wheels look good. I'm currently using the 1.75" Spidertrax wheel spacers with the stock Rubicon wheels on my 2019 JLUR. The tires are out beyond the edge of the flares a bit and looks much better than stock. I've had these wheel spacers on there for about a year and a half with no issues. Out of curiosity I attempted to remove one and broke a 6 point socket trying to break the red locktight loose that the spacers came with. This was done using a breaker bar and not an impact gun. You cannot use an impact socket on these spacers since the socket doesn't fit in the lug nut hole. Besides you shouldn't use an impact gun on these spacers anyway.

I agree that a bigger tire would be a better way to address the wider stance you are looking for. Bigger tires will be my next change when the stock set wears out. Ideally these Jeeps should have some taller and wider tire and wheel combo options to choose from to be installed during the Jeep's factory build.

Anyway, just use the wheels that look good to you.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I only have a Peasantcon, but I like my stock wheels so much that I had them powder coated gloss black
Jeep Wrangler JL Am I Crazy to want to keep Stock Wheels? IMG_3859 (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL Am I Crazy to want to keep Stock Wheels? IMG_0814
Jeep Wrangler JL Am I Crazy to want to keep Stock Wheels? IMG_0830

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I'm so confused. I see so many places on the interweb that advise against a tire width of 285 on a 7.5 inch rim, but isn't that what comes on a stock rubi?

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
I'm so confused. I see so many places on the interweb that advise against a tire width of 285 on a 7.5 inch rim, but isn't that what comes on a stock rubi?
We all know that only indisputable facts can be posted on the inter web
Sponsored