Am I Crazy to Buy Another JLUR

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
My father was born in Sczeczin, at the time called Stettin, as a 12 year old fled to the Ruhr with family and emigrated to the US in the sixties. He was very proud of the Pommern area. Can’t find a lot of the Krohn name info over there due to losses during the war. Nice to meet you.
Pleased to meet you too! Yes, tracing roots there has been extremely difficult, and both my fathers father and mothers father are from this area.

The names of 81 Krohns are recorded in the halls of Yad Vashem. Some of these men were WW1 vets, having served faithfully under the Kaiser (how quickly things can change, and a good citizen can be turned into an enemy of the state). On top of that, this part of Europe changed hands numerous times, and quickly. Originally an independent region of a people and language now rendered nearly extinct (Kashubian), Pomeranian borders shifted many times throughout the Middle Ages and later, right down to the close of the war. Not only Poles and Prussians and Germans but Swedes and Danes and even the French (under Napoleon) ruled there. In fact, I have digital copies of the citizenship rolls Napoleon had taken when he granted Jews residing there full citizenship in exchange for registry (for purposes of taxation and the draft). This required the taking of a family name, and there are two Krohn families on those rolls…. Those same records were later used by the Nazis to ferret out the descendents of those first families (each page officially stamped by the Swastika, seized by the state for just that purpose). Pomerania was, consequently, the very first region declared “Juden-frei”. In Feb of 1940 1300 of the Jewish descended families in Stettin were rounded up in the middle of the night; even from the hospitals and nursing homes - even those who were “fully aryan”, or Christian - and loaded on a train bound for the Lublin area. From the train station they were force marched in -20F weather 30 km to the ghetto in Lublin proper, through snow two feet deep. 70 succumbed to the cold enroute, even children.

It is a part of the world I should still like to see, if I could. I have seen the pictures of graves and towns there where family has resided - not pictures from family, as all that was lost - but what I have uncovered through digital sleuthing. Records, articles, images, of a time long past that we will never again see. A “forgotten nation”, to quote one author (Kriwaczek).
Sponsored

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Pleased to meet you too! Yes, tracing roots there has been extremely difficult, and both my fathers father and mothers father are from this area.

The names of 81 Krohns are recorded in the halls of Yad Vashem. Some of these men were WW1 vets, having served faithfully under the Kaiser (how quickly things can change, and a good citizen can be turned into an enemy of the state). On top of that, this part of Europe changed hands numerous times, and quickly. Originally an independent region of a people and language now rendered nearly extinct (Kashubian), Pomeranian borders shifted many times throughout the Middle Ages and later, right down to the close of the war. Not only Poles and Prussians and Germans but Swedes and Danes and even the French (under Napoleon) ruled there. In fact, I have digital copies of the citizenship rolls Napoleon had taken when he granted Jews residing there full citizenship in exchange for registry (for purposes of taxation and the draft). This required the taking of a family name, and there are two Krohn families on those rolls…. Those same records were later used by the Nazis to ferret out the descendents of those first families (each page officially stamped by the Swastika, seized by the state for just that purpose). Pomerania was, consequently, the very first region declared “Juden-frei”. In Feb of 1940 1300 of the Jewish descended families in Stettin were rounded up in the middle of the night; even from the hospitals and nursing homes - even those who were “fully aryan”, or Christian - and loaded on a train bound for the Lublin area. From the train station they were force marched in -20F weather 30 km to the ghetto in Lublin proper, through snow two feet deep. 70 succumbed to the cold enroute, even children.

It is a part of the world I should still like to see, if I could. I have seen the pictures of graves and towns there where family has resided - not pictures from family, as all that was lost - but what I have uncovered through digital sleuthing. Records, articles, images, of a time long past that we will never again see. A “forgotten nation”, to quote one author (Kriwaczek).
Thank you for that, we need to somehow get on another media and exchange stories, I find this interesting. Having recently retired along with my “car hobbies” I’m on a mission to find out about the past history of my and my wife’s families.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
You are crazy for calling them cars, (Messing with you) but if you want another Jeep Wrangler go for it. My wife has only driven mine 2 times, her response "Its fun" I asked her if she wanted to get rid of her Ram and get one and she said no.

Which is fine, and being as she doesn't like the Jeep that much is also fine with me cause I like it so much I really don't want her driving it anyway. LOL.

ovilla

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Definitely get the exact Jeep that you want and don’t worry if it’s the same color. With a lift wheels and a ton of other stuff that you can/will do to it, I’m sure it will look different - even if it’s the same color. Life’s way too short to not be enjoying your vehicle. Ever since I bought my JLUR this year, I haven’t once driven my Porches (yes, plural - 2 of them). The Jeep is way more fun, all the time.

OP
OP

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Definitely get the exact Jeep that you want and don’t worry if it’s the same color. With a lift wheels and a ton of other stuff that you can/will do to it, I’m sure it will look different - even if it’s the same color. Life’s way too short to not be enjoying your vehicle. Ever since I bought my JLUR this year, I haven’t once driven my Porches (yes, plural - 2 of them). The Jeep is way more fun, all the time.
Just the response to get me fired up and ready to order this morning! Thanks!

Sponsored

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Once we got our first it was all we drove so we traded the other vehicle for another Wrangler. No regrets at all and would do it again.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Personally, I wouldn't own two of the exact (or nearly exact) same vehicles. There are so many other vehicles out there that you may enjoy. Expand your horizons.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Do it! My older sister doesn’t understand why we both bought “Jeeps.” The answer, we both love Jeeps.

Wife has sting gray and I have Hydro Blue.

10E12D10-B73A-45FA-8739-55E13591BDD6.jpeg
Damn you, I'd talked myself out of the OEM steel but damn if that's not a sick setup.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Damn you, I'd talked myself out of the OEM steel but damn if that's not a sick setup.
I appreciate it. There’s no any immediate upgrades on my radar. I pretty much love it in its current form. At some point I might go with a metal cloak full kit 3.5“ and true 37 inch tires but probably not until these tires wear out.

Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
@ELJeffe77 Awesome! Let’s go hit the trails soon.
Just don't leave my 2.0 behind with that 392, and sounds good! LOL I'm pretty open after the Christmas Season since I'm self employed & make my own schedule. :)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I am likely going to sell my 21 Challenger Scatpack Widebody. It’s a great car, but ever since my wife got her JLUR, I can’t help to think how much I really enjoy being in that car. Challengers are going for a pretty penny so if I was going to sell now is the time.

2 questions:

1. Am I crazy to get the same exact car (Hers is a manual, mine would be auto)

2. She has Sting gray, and the only two colors I’d consider for myself are Sting Gray (my personal #1 favorite) or Hydro Blue. Is it totally ridiculous to get basically the same car in same color? I feel ridiculous even typing it.

My other option is potentially getting a Bronco, but with all the issues with the Hardtop and building constraints, why would I do that to myself.

someone please tell me if my Jeep fever has gone to a whole new level.

btw: 22 JLUR XR is what I would be ordering if I pull the trigger. I can’t afford the 392 😥😂
Nope, not crazy. I just bought my wife a 2021 JLUR and she loves it. Mine is a manual with lift and 35's and hers is an auto with Etorque and stock suspension. Hers did come with Wildpeak MT's, which are great, though.

Anyway, we also still have our trusty JKUR, too! We just can't bring ourselves to get rid of it. We kept it as my primary daily driver and for my kids to drive when we go on off-road trips.

Do what you want and enjoy with no regrets!

Hers is the white Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Am I Crazy to Buy Another JLUR DrqvBnP

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just don't leave my 2.0 behind with that 392, and sounds good! LOL I'm pretty open after the Christmas Season since I'm self employed & make my own schedule. :)
Perfect! Let’s do it. I’ll DM you.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
If it prevents one argument with your spouse over who drives the jeep, it isn't crazy.
But it creates another argument of which Jeep are they going to take. ;)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
But it creates another argument of which Jeep are they going to take. ;)
LOL, true! The very first day my wife woke up with her own Jeep in the garage, she said, "Why don't you drive the new Jeep this week and I'll drive the blue one. I like driving the blue one."

The blue one is the old JK, and true, she does like driving it. But she's so darned selfless (to a fault) that she knew I was excited about her Jeep. What she didn't realize is that most of my excitement was about her having one more than the Jeep itelf! Lol. Anyway, I told her no, I have two Jeeps from which to choose. She drove hers all week and then insisted I drive it on Friday, which I did.
Sponsored