Sponsored

Am I Crazy to Buy Another JLUR

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
What color is the Challenger? Pics are always good!
Sponsored

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
If you get rid of the Challenger your gonna miss it like i miss my 16 SRT. But where i live was the main reason i got rid of her.

OP
OP

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
If you get rid of the Challenger your gonna miss it like i miss my 16 SRT. But where i live was the main reason i got rid of her.
I’ve had one since 2010. These cars are getting stolen at gun point throughout the country, especially in my area. It’s not the main reason why I’m ready to move on, but it’s a reason.

Sponsored

Rover72

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover
Your not crazy, unless I am, hmmm ~ I purchased 2 of the same vehicles (06 Range Rovers - purchased 10 years ago) for my wife & I. Idea being - I would be happy driving no matter whose vehicle we took when we go out as the Rover became the ride I enjoyed being behind the wheel.

Just ordered a Hydro Blue Rubicon 2 weeks ago for me, wife liked it when we drove it and says its going to be hers:) So after we get it and drive it a bit, if she feels the same way, we may end up with 2 Jeeps as well.

FWIW, I think different colors if you have 2 you like make sense vs the same color.
Enjoy!

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Wow! that's a beautiful Challenger. I understand your hesitation but I'll add it's not a crazy idea to take advantage of the market. Good luck with your decision.

JEEP392

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEVXR392
I am likely going to sell my 21 Challenger Scatpack Widebody. It’s a great car, but ever since my wife got her JLUR, I can’t help to think how much I really enjoy being in that car. Challengers are going for a pretty penny so if I was going to sell now is the time.

2 questions:

1. Am I crazy to get the same exact car (Hers is a manual, mine would be auto)

2. She has Sting gray, and the only two colors I’d consider for myself are Sting Gray (my personal #1 favorite) or Hydro Blue. Is it totally ridiculous to get basically the same car in same color? I feel ridiculous even typing it.

My other option is potentially getting a Bronco, but with all the issues with the Hardtop and building constraints, why would I do that to myself.

someone please tell me if my Jeep fever has gone to a whole new level.

btw: 22 JLUR XR is what I would be ordering if I pull the trigger. I can’t afford the 392 😥😂
I think you are batshit nuts… but then again, so are the rest of us!
Welcome back to the party!💪🏼😎

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
My wife has two vehicles of her own to choose from - A Convertible 2.4L Turbo PT Cruiser in Scarlet Crystal Metallic for the summer, and her lifted 5.4L V8 F150 Lariat on 33”s for winter. She is still not content, not since I bought my JLU this summer. She is adamant that she too will get a Jeep, and soon. For the record, I am encouraging this. :).
Ray, your family name, if I may ask, what part of Europe did it come from?

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Keep the Challenger. It will be gone in a couple of years, and you will be kicking yourself. Drive the wife's Wrangler, when you feel the urge. The Jeep novelty will wear off, after a while.
Me, I would garage the Challenger, and drive it only for fun, every once and a while. Get a beater car for every day driving.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I've had an Evo, Mustang GT, Challenger R/T, Corvette Z51... All manuals. Miss the Challenger the most. Funny thing it was the slowest! Sold our Corvette for the very same reason you are considering. Got more for it 2yrs old than paid for it brand new. Had the C8, so last front engine Corvette. It too probably would have only gone up in value over time... maybe?

Now that my wife has her Willys, I'm obsessed with it and want my own like you! But I want a 2DR manual with just the basics as I want to tackle more difficult trails than we are willing to take hers on. So our driveway might have two Jeeps in it sometime next year!

Point is I can relate! Do what makes you happy and try not to think about how much money you may make/loose by holding on to something that is just not your passion any more. Quiet frankly you'd make more money in the stock market by just contributing more to your 401K or IRA and a good mutual fund. See you on the trails! :)

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Ray, your family name, if I may ask, what part of Europe did it come from?
You may. Pommern. The area bounded by Sczeczin in the west to Nikolaiken in the East; from the Baltic coast as far south as Stargard. I have never been, myself. My family fled to Canada after WW2, wanting to get as far away from Germany as possible.

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
You may. Pommern. The area bounded by Sczeczin in the west to Nikolaiken in the East; from the Baltic coast as far south as Stargard. I have never been, myself. My family fled to Canada after WW2, wanting to get as far away from Germany as possible.
My father was born in Sczeczin, at the time called Stettin, as a 12 year old fled to the Ruhr with family and emigrated to the US in the sixties. He was very proud of the Pommern area. Can’t find a lot of the Krohn name info over there due to losses during the war. Nice to meet you.
Sponsored