Am I Crazy to Buy Another JLUR

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
I am likely going to sell my 21 Challenger Scatpack Widebody. It’s a great car, but ever since my wife got her JLUR, I can’t help to think how much I really enjoy being in that car. Challengers are going for a pretty penny so if I was going to sell now is the time.

2 questions:

1. Am I crazy to get the same exact car (Hers is a manual, mine would be auto)

2. She has Sting gray, and the only two colors I’d consider for myself are Sting Gray (my personal #1 favorite) or Hydro Blue. Is it totally ridiculous to get basically the same car in same color? I feel ridiculous even typing it.

My other option is potentially getting a Bronco, but with all the issues with the Hardtop and building constraints, why would I do that to myself.

someone please tell me if my Jeep fever has gone to a whole new level.

btw: 22 JLUR XR is what I would be ordering if I pull the trigger. I can’t afford the 392 😥😂
Sponsored

REDCOMETJLUXR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I am likely going to sell my 21 Challenger Scatpack Widebody. It’s a great car, but ever since my wife got her JLUR, I can’t help to think how much I really enjoy being in that car. Challengers are going for a pretty penny so if I was going to sell now is the time.

2 questions:

1. Am I crazy to get the same exact car (Hers is a manual, mine would be auto)

2. She has Sting gray, and the only two colors I’d consider for myself are Sting Gray (my personal #1 favorite) or Hydro Blue. Is it totally ridiculous to get basically the same car in same color? I feel ridiculous even typing it.

My other option is potentially getting a Bronco, but with all the issues with the Hardtop and building constraints, why would I do that to myself.

someone please tell me if my Jeep fever has gone to a whole new level.

btw: 22 JLUR XR is what I would be ordering if I pull the trigger. I can’t afford the 392 😥😂
:CWL:Sold my 2017 Charger RT simply for the same reason of enjoying the ride of the JLUR, and the answer is no you're not crazy. The wife has a 2021 EcoDiesel Rubicon that's excellent on mpg, she got that back in august and at the time I still had my charger and was actually looking into getting a scat pack charger. All I gotta say is if you want to have power without paying the tag of the 392, ECODIESEL! The torque is amazing, the first time I floored it I was completely surprised. Sold my charger first week of October and had my order in for a 22 Extreme Recon the following week. I didn't get another Diesel just simply because the wife has the benefit of working from home so I can grab her keys anytime :rock: We're going to have an awesome rock crawler with some nice upgrades from factory + her torquey EcoDiesel, can't complain about the combo at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
:CWL:Sold my 2017 Charger RT simply for the same reason of enjoying the ride of the JLUR, and the answer is no you're not crazy. The wife has a 2021 EcoDiesel Rubicon that's excellent on mpg, she got that back in august and at the time I still had my charger and was actually looking into getting a scat pack charger. All I gotta say is if you want to have power without paying the tag of the 392, ECODIESEL! The torque is amazing, the first time I floored it I was completely surprised. Sold my charger first week of October and had my order in for a 22 Extreme Recon the following week. I didn't get another Diesel just simply because the wife has the benefit of working from home so I can grab her keys anytime :rock: We're going to have an awesome rock crawler with some nice upgrades from factory + her torquey EcoDiesel, can't complain about the combo at all.
I don’t see the EcoDiesal being available with the XR. Only the 3.6 eTorque. 🤷🏼‍♂️

REDCOMETJLUXR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I don’t see the EcoDiesal being available with the XR. Only the 3.6 eTorque. 🤷🏼‍♂️
yes, I believe i said in original post I didn't opt for the diesel, but to OP I would say don't get the same, get a nice mix n match and that why I went with the Xtreme Recon Etourque v6 because there's an EcoDiesel parked right next to it :rock:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Am I Crazy to Buy Another JLUR

Not crazy. I have more fun with my JLUR than I did with my Corvette.

SilverBug86

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I almost bought the scat pack widebody before I settled on a JLUR. Wasn't even thinking about the Wrangler until I saw it at the dealership. You should go with the hydro blue to mix things up on the drive way.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
My wife has two vehicles of her own to choose from - A Convertible 2.4L Turbo PT Cruiser in Scarlet Crystal Metallic for the summer, and her lifted 5.4L V8 F150 Lariat on 33”s for winter. She is still not content, not since I bought my JLU this summer. She is adamant that she too will get a Jeep, and soon. For the record, I am encouraging this. :).

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Being as happy as possible with what you will call yours, has far more value than variety on the driveway. Get the Stingray Rubi XR and avoid wishing you did every time you see the wifes.

DB2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara Altitude, 12 VW Beetle, 08 Honda Fit
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Security & Architecture
You only live once… live it to the fullest. We dont have our first Jeep yet and already want another one! 😀

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
If you think you’re Challenger will go for a pretty penny now just wait a couple years when they are no longer being made. Even though there have been a lot of them made the possibility of appreciation definitely exhists

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
Do it! My older sister doesn’t understand why we both bought “Jeeps.” The answer, we both love Jeeps.

Wife has sting gray and I have Hydro Blue.

Hey you're in Brea, whatssup from Anaheim Hills!
Sponsored