Sponsored

Am I crazy or does this hood paint look off?

OP
OP

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Some vehicles come shipped with plastic film on the large flat painted areas which his may be also. Not sure if Jeep does this or not. Just a thought.

Also, you may just be crazy which has absolutely nothing to do with the paint issue, just sayin'. :giggle:
Haha yeah no argument there considering the check I’m about to write...
Sponsored

Dale 1969

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ 5
Notice in the circled area below in the picture. The area just below the hood in the circle is the same shade of color as the hood. So I'm 99% sure it is just a lighting / photography issue. If the hood was a different shade, then it would be different in the red circle too.

jeepcolor.jpg
No they messed that jeep up take it elsewhere and charge them...

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S
So I am super excited about picking up my Jeep tomorrow!

I’m traveling about 2 hours to get it and the dealer sent me this picture.

And for whatever reason the hood looks to be much lighter then the rest of the body. Look at the top corner of the hood near the windshield.

Granted, I have not seen it in person and I’m hoping this is just a weird lighting/photography issue. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else has had any odd body color mismatches or I’m also to hear that I’m just too damn paranoid. Lol

Salesman is off today but maybe I’ll just call someone else there to see what they think before making the journey.

[GALLERY=media, 21]151F2AB4-70AB-45E1-8618-D8A2A6B56353 by dccurtis posted Jul 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM[/GALLERY]
ummm this is a JL which means you better not be trying to buy it used for new price. if that hood has been replaced don't spend the money. go somewhere else where the dealer won't sell you a used vehicle that has had damage at a new price.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

And for whatever reason the hood looks to be much lighter then the rest of the body. Look at the top corner of the hood near the windshield.

Granted, I have not seen it in person and I’m hoping this is just a weird lighting/photography issue. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else has had any odd body color mismatches or I’m also to hear that I’m just too damn paranoid. Lol

Salesman is off today but maybe I’ll just call someone else there to see what they think before making the journey.

[GALLERY=media, 21]151F2AB4-70AB-45E1-8618-D8A2A6B56353 by dccurtis posted Jul 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM[/GALLERY]
So, did you go to check it out? Does it match?

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE

I think you’ll be OK it’s just the son and the way the picture turned out

Sponsored

Code IV

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2009 JK
Occupation
Owner Mojo Shades
Keep in mind that the hood is now fiberglass and the paint will react to light differently on fiberglass vs metal.

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Keep in mind that the hood is now fiberglass and the paint will react to light differently on fiberglass vs metal.
While I'm not a painter, not sure I agree with that. For many years now, cars have been a combination of metal and plastic. Paint has always looked uniform on either surface.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Nope! Check again. The whole thing is fiberglass.
Nope, definitely not fiberglass. Here are examples of both on a wrecked JLUR. The hood is clearly metal and the top is clearly fiberglass.

Was having my Rubi moved from DC to my new place in Las Vegas. 40 miles out the trucked rolled his truck and this is whats left. I think its totaled based on the windshield support being completely broken in half, but was wondering if anyone else thought the same. Sounds like it will be a few days with the holiday for an adjuster to check it out.

IMG_6589-3.jpeg

IMG_6593-4.jpeg

IMG_6596.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
You’re not crazy. You’re nuts.