Sponsored

Am I crazy or are the OEM Leather seats seriously uncomfortable?

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
One of our cars is a RAV4. No one can possibly think those seats are anything special. Like every other aspect of the RAV4 except reliability that is off the charts, the seats are blah.
I have a RAV4 long-term rental while waiting for my replacement Jeep. I cannot believe how uncomfortable the seats are. It has 8 or 10 way power adjustability, but it's just shaped wrong for my body. Before driving this uninspiring but reliable hunk-o-crap, I never understood why people complained about the seats in any automobile. I fit just fine in whatever, and never had a complaint about my JL's leather seats either. But my spine is the absolute wrong shape for the RAV4 seats, and extending the lumbar support makes it even worse as it tries to bend my spine in the wrong direction.
Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
I opted for cloth on my Rubicon, 2k for leather seats not only seems overpriced itā€™s a waste since Iā€™ll be removing the back seat and have to worry about the sun and elements damaging the leather.

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
Iā€™m 6ā€™1ā€ with a long torso. Add me to the category of the leather seats being uncomfortable. I got a Sahara 4Xe a few weeks ago and I for the life of me cannot find the sweet spot for comfort for over 30 minutes driving. I felt like I kept sliding forward too, so I got the Desert Does It Shorty jackers, and I feel like they helped but I still cannot get it right. I have some long 7 to 20 hour drives planned this summer and Iā€™m nervous about them. Maybe a long drive is what I need to figure it out

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Our JLR has leather seats. Yes, they are hard and uncomfortable. I donā€™t know if it is the leather, or the cushion under it causing this. Our JKR has cloth seats, and they are very comfortable. I would never recommend leather seats. Our new Cadillac Escalade also had leather seats. We kept it for about 80,000 miles, and they never soften up. Just very solid and uncomfortable.

Sponsored

Jwb211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Leather in a Jeep is a big no go for me. I chose cloth and I donā€™t find them particularly comfortable. I just cant seem to get it adjusted correctly for my liking. Iā€™ve had multiple TJs and JKs and donā€™t remember having an issue. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s age or seat geometry. I may order some of those spacers and give them a try.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Iā€™m 6-2. I find the leather seats great. Not a single complaint from me or wife/kids. Wish the back reclined a little but other than that, which is known, no issues.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
I have never cared for leather-this guy here believes leather should only be in a luxury vehicle, I've found the Wrangler seats rather comfortable and they are cloth and I've driven from Arizona-to Georgia straight through. Yet I will say the seat in my Ram seem softer and they to are cloth. I really think pending on the size of the driver this may effect the overall ride comfort.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. The seats feel fine to me.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
So I test drove 2 jeeps, one leather (non katzkin) one cloth.

I chose leather, but it really came down to ease of cleaning (dog hair out of cloth sucks) better butt feel, and since the world is ending in a few years I figured why not splurge a bit. If I am going to have a mid life crisis vehicle why not have leather?

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜51 M38
I test drove 3 JLUs before ordering. I found the seats to be great... except... for me I prefer the front part of the lower seat to be slightly higher. So more ā€˜bucketness.ā€™ It helps support the thighs.

Iā€™ll probably look at some kind of spacers to elevate that front edge just a little.
Sponsored