millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Bump. I am also very interested in this. Based on what I am reading you can replace the stock antenna and add a splitter for cb/ am fm and this should work. Would live to get confirmation before attempting. Seems like rlit would be easier than running cable to the back .Could also use a shorter antenna... Maybe.

Anyone???

OP
OP

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
A bit old but still relevant

from - https://www.amazon.com/review/RLANW18QRKBNO/ref=ask_dp_lswr_rp_hza

upload_2018-10-24_8-46-43.png

I ordered both splitter and antenna - so, we will see on Oct 29th when they will arrive. After watching this video - I plan to put CB/AM/FM splitter behind the uConnect module and run a short cable from there to my CB radio mounted. First I will try to use CB radio without replacing original Jeep's antenna:
  • Use Your Existing vehicle AM/FM Radio Antenna for Both the Stereo & CB Radio!
  • Great for "stealth" Applications, no Additional CB antenna needed!
  • Has Fine Tuning adjustment for CB .
  • Use when "Stealth & Cosmetic" considerations are more important than maximum CB range.
  • Hard To Find Item, Use Your Existing Vehicle's AM/FM Antenna, For Both Radio & CB !

Last edited:
OP
OP

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got all parts today - all look good!

How's the AM/FM antenna port looks like on the back side of Uconnect 7"? I want to figure out what cable I need to make/order for STEREO out to Uconnect antenna port.

qFoqMVZ9TAcGyCEF_nCnRd2NlUd4lK5R4RjgGmCHg33eJO_bnDRBjs_SvLwmv2qAZIRONPjQpk5yyk7tIA=w1251-h938-no.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased this
http://www.ruggedridge.com/cb-am-fm-antenna-mount-kit-97-18-jeep-wrangler-17212-20.html
Wire was not connected, got in touch with customer service, they sent a new piece super fast. Works great! Highly recommend it.
Crap... I should've find this set before I started my CB project :D

1) I've spliced the JL's antenna cable and soldered it myself. The AM/FM is working great, but not yet heard any sound from my CB radio. Not a single channel. I guess my CB/AM/FM splitter is broken or needs to be adjusted, etc...

2) The black CB antenna I bought has much worse AM/FM (and I assume CB) reception than the JL stock's one - I will not use it even it look a bit cooler.

u3DhrpYNDNawlg8NlFuWDkaBG4ugJ7BG8VY5hKCKpaPaqMlFKIgYcAnDHciuExaKxj2wKr_XLE9kd85_A=w1460-h1946-no.jpg

prerunner1982

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokees
Crap... I should've find this set before I started my CB project :D

1) I've spliced the JL's antenna cable and soldered it myself. The AM/FM is working great, but not yet heard any sound from my CB radio. Not a single channel. I guess my CB/AM/FM splitter is broken or needs to be adjusted, etc...

2) The black CB antenna I bought has much worse AM/FM (and I assume CB) reception than the JL stock's one - I will not use it even it look a bit cooler.

u3DhrpYNDNawlg8NlFuWDkaBG4ugJ7BG8VY5hKCKpaPaqMlFKIgYcAnDHciuExaKxj2wKr_XLE9kd85_A=w1460-h1946-no.jpg
1) Are you using the factory antenna or a CB antenna?
2) Antennas are tuned to frequency, even receive antennas. A multi-band antenna will likely be ok on all or great on one and mediocre on the others.

I wouldn't transmit if you are using the stock radio antenna.

OP
OP

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1) Are you using the factory antenna or a CB antenna?
2) Antennas are tuned to frequency, even receive antennas. A multi-band antenna will likely be ok on all or great on one and mediocre on the others.
I wouldn't transmit if you are using the stock radio antenna.
I found some off-roading dudes with a radio today and finally tested my radio! It turned out this CB splitter thing works fine with JL's stock antenna. Next time I will try CB communication with the replacement CB antenna (see the thread's top) and decide which one works better for CB comms. I will be removing CB radio between off-road trips - so, powered if off the 12V cabin's socket. The little niche in the dash (I have no AUX power switches) conveniently holds the microphone unit. That's all folks! ;)

tb92JXVbxYTUvflvTn_Mlr72glZgYrFwr0A6ro_JllcGoyk_6_7h62onmRF2NNeqyEVy8Bds6d9N_Y1uQ=w2592-h1936-no.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: