Sponsored

Aluminum knuckle failure

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Junk like this is why when I installed gears, trusses, ball joints, etc. I switched from aluminum to Mojave steel knuckles. I wanted to buy once and cry once and did...

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
How can you determine that it’s a part failure and not something that the driver subjected it to that’s outside of its design parameters?

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
How can you determine that it’s a part failure and not something that the driver subjected it to that’s outside of its design parameters?
It failed, because it broke. No consideration to how it was used: whether outside correct intended use or not. Dont be an antagonist. I'm not advocating either way. I merely stated that in ONE incident were it "failed" Chill. LOL

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
First I've ever heard of this happening. It's certainly not common.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It failed, because it broke. No consideration to how it was used: whether outside correct intended use or not. Dont be an antagonist. I'm not advocating either way. I merely stated that in ONE incident were it "failed" Chill. LOL
Not being antagonistic. Maybe it’s just a difference in semantics? When you put failure in the title I considered that to mean you’d made a judgment of it to be deficient or not doing it’s job properly. My fault for interpreting it that way. Fail meaning that it simply that it didn’t hold up without breaking is different. At least a little bit. No need to chill, I’m off work on Friday and fixing myself a glass of bourbon. I’m doing great. Lol. 🥃

Either way, it’s pretty scary looking. Good it wasn’t in a more precarious spot.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I thought the diesels had the same cast iron knuckles as the gladiators. Was that updated somewhere mid stream or am I mistaken?

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
I thought the diesels had the same steel knuckles as the gladiators. Was that updated somewhere mid stream or am I mistaken?
My 2022 diesel rubi has aluminum knuckles.
I believe only the XR and 392 gets the steel knuckles, maybe the 4XE too, not sure.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It looked like he had just about every piece of suspension and steering component upgraded, minus the knuckles obviously. Hopefully he goes ahead and upgrades them now instead of going OEM (unless its OEM Mojave).

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
My 2022 diesel rubi has aluminum knuckles.
I believe only the XR and 392 gets the steel knuckles, maybe the 4XE too, not sure.
I had to go see for myself and sure enough... Bummer. What about the C deal on the axle side? It looks darker on the diesel than the gas one.
Diesel
Jeep Wrangler JL Aluminum knuckle failure 79FD6E3D-E078-4030-8859-998C3073BD1F

Gas
Jeep Wrangler JL Aluminum knuckle failure 4BF7E3B3-15B5-4FD9-BAB9-10C9C2DCCE83
Sponsored