Aluminum Bumpers Recommendations?

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
That sucks. Genright gear has always been on my “one of these days” list. Like after the essentials are done, the crowning piece would be genright front and rear to drop weight. Oh well.

Evo used to make their quarter pounder in aluminum. That bumper is a beautiful hunk of metal, but the steel version (plus stinger and warn Zeon) dropped the front of my last jeep like crazy. Wish they’d bring the aluminum back. In the meantime, I’ll stick with the OEM steely. First jeep had it and after I swapped it for the Evo, kind of appreciated the OEM more.
from 1st glance the weld is beautiful if not gorgeous. But I can tell the bumper is warpping for lack of better words from the long welds. If I align the driver side then the passenger side is off. I guess if you put steel on a jig and weld them, they hardly bend at all, but those 6000 series aluminum will warp from the heat during welding and cooling.
And last but not least, it’s product still stuck on the YJ and TJ days. They never move on with more complicated jeep body designs. The thought process that goes into the design is almost zero. I’m taking my bumper off and swapping an AEV on.
Sponsored

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

from 1st glance the weld is beautiful if not gorgeous. But I can tell the bumper is warpping for lack of better words from the long welds. If I align the driver side then the passenger side is off. I guess if you put steel on a jig and weld them, they hardly bend at all, but those 6000 series aluminum will warp from the heat during welding and cooling.
And last but not least, it’s product still stuck on the YJ and TJ days. They never move on with more complicated jeep body designs. The thought process that goes into the design is almost zero. I’m taking my bumper off and swapping an AEV on.
Have you contacted them? Do they have any interest in making it right?

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
That sucks. Genright gear has always been on my “one of these days” list. Like after the essentials are done, the crowning piece would be genright front and rear to drop weight. Oh well.

Evo used to make their quarter pounder in aluminum. That bumper is a beautiful hunk of metal, but the steel version (plus stinger and warn Zeon) dropped the front of my last jeep like crazy. Wish they’d bring the aluminum back. In the meantime, I’ll stick with the OEM steely. First jeep had it and after I swapped it for the Evo, kind of appreciated the OEM more.
I don’t think there’s much weight difference when you add that winch plate into the mix. Seems to me the best setup might be where the winch plate is built into the bumper structure. The aluminum on mine just covers everything up and it could be a lot smaller like the other version they sell. Overall, I lost 3/4” of height up front after everything was installed.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you contacted them? Do they have any interest in making it right?
It’s Flawed by design, the warping and misaligned issues are just tiny part of the whole problem. Not sure how can they fix it, I blame myself for not doing enough research.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It’s Flawed by design, the warping and misaligned issues are just tiny part of the whole problem. Not sure how can they fix it, I blame myself for not doing enough research.
They'd have to weld it on a full framed bench that replicates the installation points together so that even when warped it would still align properly and make shorter welds.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today I took that shitty Gen Right bumper off. Wires got pinched and broken multiple place.
I genuinely hate this company.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aluminum Bumpers Recommendations? 60C6BD74-19E3-4F32-BA79-83A411357B4D
Jeep Wrangler JL Aluminum Bumpers Recommendations? 2C6B74B9-377F-4FFE-B2F8-BA524DDD5D71
Jeep Wrangler JL Aluminum Bumpers Recommendations? B2781944-A1C2-4494-8354-EE324C8C3C7F

dalloway

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
MP Concepts here. I like it, it looks like the Mopar steel and very light weight.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aluminum Bumpers Recommendations? B2781944-A1C2-4494-8354-EE324C8C3C7F
Hi Keith,

Do you--by any chance--have the winch plate mounting brackets that came with your MP Concepts aluminum bumper? I'm looking for a pair of those brackets to mount the winch plate on my 2021 Rubicon. The Chinese steel bumper kit didn't include winch plate brackets that fit. (Details, if you're interested, in the thread here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...k-off-pretty-legit.47692/page-40#post-1884310). Thanks!

dalloway

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Another MP Concepts buyer here, no issues with installation. Perfectly happy with it.
If anyone else on this thread bought the MP Aluminum Bumper--and didn't use the winch plate installation hardware--please hit me up! I want to buy the pair of winch plate brackets from you. Thanks. :)

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71
Hi Keith,

Do you--by any chance--have the winch plate mounting brackets that came with your MP Concepts aluminum bumper? I'm looking for a pair of those brackets to mount the winch plate on my 2021 Rubicon. The Chinese steel bumper kit didn't include winch plate brackets that fit. (Details, if you're interested, in the thread here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...k-off-pretty-legit.47692/page-40#post-1884310). Thanks!
I don’t, sorry. I installed a winch after that picture was taken. Good luck find them.

dalloway

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I don’t, sorry. I installed a winch after that picture was taken. Good luck find them.
No problem, Keith. Thanks for taking the time to loop back around!

I've got a friend who's going to take the brackets I have, cut them up, and re-weld to get me where I need to go.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

If you have deep pockets then consider AEV's hot-stamped Boron steel bumpers. Extremely well-engineered with no visible welds. They're steel, but incredibly thin steel. Nice touches like knee pads for when you're in the engine compartment. Bull bar designed for big ass lights that deals with a trail cam. Skid underneath that supports a 20" set of amber or clear lights.

Full width or stubby: https://www.aev-conversions.com/product-category/jl-wrangler/bumpers-jl-wrangler/
Sponsored