ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them!

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Why would I want an aluminum bumper? Aluminum is softer than steel and is probably not as durable. Are the weight savings really that big of a deal? Other than weight, what are the advantages of aluminum?

Give me a steel bumper any day of the week.
Nobody asked you if you wanted an aluminum bumper. This is a thread for those interested in aluminum bumpers.

Why did you even click the topic?

Don
Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
A shout-out to Quadratec’s great customer service! I ordered a Rock Hard aluminum bumper through them. First, they gave me a Forum discount. Then, when the bumper (which shipped directly from Rock Hard) arrived damaged, Rock Hard said they would not allow me to file a claim if I signed for it. Quadratec said they would replace it even if I signed for it. (I didn’t sign for it, so Rock Hard did replace it, but I’m just sayin’.)
Nice. Very good to hear. I have had nothing but good things to say about Quadratec as well. Have been ordering my addiction parts.... I mean Jeep parts from them for years! When I do order the rock hard bumpers (because I am pretty much positive that is what I am going with - just need to decide stubby, mid or full width front now) I will order from them.

BTW - do you happen to know the code for the forum discount, or did you call the order in?

Thank you -

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those with Rock Hard 4x4 front bumpers - can we get some pics looking forward from the rear?
What I am concerned with is how much mess from the tires gets thrown onto the back of the bumper? (fog lights, etc.) I am concerned with long term longevity from road salt, rain, and mud going on the fog light wiring.
This is one reason why I am considering the stubby version of their bumper, but can not find very Many pics of it besides actual manufacturer photos.

Thank you in advance -

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
Hope these are what you are looking for. Headed home from Death Valley.

PXL_20210418_143139979.jpg

PXL_20210418_143152256.jpg

PXL_20210418_143210609.jpg

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Why would I want an aluminum bumper? Aluminum is softer than steel and is probably not as durable. Are the weight savings really that big of a deal? Other than weight, what are the advantages of aluminum?

Give me a steel bumper any day of the week.
RUST

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
What I have done to my aluminum Rock Hard 4x4 bumper. I added housings for the brake away cable and the tow umbilical cable. This is much cleaner looking and keeps me off my knees.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! front

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! brake

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! lights

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I have done to my aluminum Rock Hard 4x4 bumper. I added housings for the brake away cable and the tow umbilical cable. This is much cleaner looking and keeps me off my knees.

Wow that is slick! Very nice job! Looks like a factory option!

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Anyone have much experience with the Quadratec "Brute Strength" aluminum bumpers? They look good, seem really similar to Rival (same factory?), overall seem like a decent value. Although not quite as light weight as I would like. Thoughts? Experience good or bad?
Any responses? I'm interested in that same bumper. I got a really good deal on the Brute Strength sliders and so far have been happy with the fit, finish, look and "strength".

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any responses? I'm interested in that same bumper. I got a really good deal on the Brute Strength sliders and so far have been happy with the fit, finish, look and "strength".
Not yet. Noone has chimed in on those

Sponsored

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Very good to hear. I have had nothing but good things to say about Quadratec as well. Have been ordering my addiction parts.... I mean Jeep parts from them for years! When I do order the rock hard bumpers (because I am pretty much positive that is what I am going with - just need to decide stubby, mid or full width front now) I will order from them.

BTW - do you happen to know the code for the forum discount, or did you call the order in?

Thank you -
Rock hard bumpers are awesome. From a 117 pound Smittybilt to a 36 pound Rock hard mid width was great. Getting that weight off the extreme front end made a world of difference. And it’s compatible with 12,000 pound winches so strength is not much of an issue against steel. I’m now looking for a good rear aluminum bumper that is compatible with a tire carrier that can handle a 37”.
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 23CEB1CA-8866-4445-BD02-0C4373778154

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rock hard bumpers are awesome. From a 117 pound Smittybilt to a 36 pound Rock hard mid width was great. Getting that weight off the extreme front end made a world of difference. And it’s compatible with 12,000 pound winches so strength is not much of an issue against steel. I’m now looking for a good rear aluminum bumper that is compatible with a tire carrier that can handle a 37”.
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 23CEB1CA-8866-4445-BD02-0C4373778154
Very nice! Looking Good, and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I forgot to say was they are dang expensive but lighter weight costs money.
Yeah but it sounds like it is a quality piece so it’s worth it in my opinion