jrpedro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hey,

Anyone have an alternative to the "Mopar Oversized Spare Tire Kit"? Just bought some 35s and I can't see spending so much money on a few brackets because it's made by Mopar. I see alot of alternatives, but some get dinged for shaking and poor support. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
If you're not concerned about the weight of the tire on your tailgate hinges, you can save some money by going with a tire spacer rather than a whole tailgate system. I highly recommend the Teraflex relocation brackets. https://teraflex.com/shop/exterior-parts/jl-spare-tire-relocation-bracket-kit.html

Most of the relocation brackets out there are made of folded and welded steel, which adds a lot of weight. The Teraflex brackets are made of extruded aluminum, so they're very strong and very light (plus they can't rust). I originally had the Rough Country bracket when I moved to 35's, but the bracket was 25 lbs. and shook like crazy. It didn't even come with spacers for the tire isolators. The Teraflex on the other hand does come with a set of nice spacers for the tire isolators that accommodates different wheel backspacing. It's a well put together kit.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Smittybilt spare tire relocation bracket ($78) and a knockoff “Mopar” tailgate reinforcement on Amazon ($110). They work like a charm.
Jeep Wrangler JL Alternative to Mopar Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit 1634145296395

Jeep Wrangler JL Alternative to Mopar Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit 5B219A56-8984-40B7-97CB-609D0874113A
Sponsored