Sponsored

Alternative filler neck for large diesel nozzles?

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Follow up….. Happy to have done the mod, however…. All the truck pumps local to me flow too darn fast. Haven’t found one yet that I didn’t have to manually throttle back. Still completely worth it for the flexibility but don’t expect to be able to handle the flow. Mine won’t keep up even at the first notch.
I struggle even at the normal diesel pumps. I can only flow about 60% or it’ll kick off on me. Very annoying, especially in the winter when it’s miserably cold out.
Almost like the hose is kinked or something.
Sponsored

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Just removed mine yesterday. I tried doing it just removing the rubber around the outside and was able to the the bottom tab out but couldn't get the top. I ended up taking out the taillight, the plastic bumper closeout panel, the fuel door housing, and the 10mm nut holding the filler neck. I finally got it. Lots of little screwdrivers, picks, paint can opener.... took a few hours

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Got mine out today. I could not get the top tab, had to do the removal thing. Took about 45 minutes.

PartialAdventure

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUD
After 3k mile trip and almost being stranded twice I did this today. Very easy, took about 40 min with a lift.

CE288C71-860D-4D98-AA7C-FC046BA3A874.jpeg
thanks for the explanation! This was an hour job at best. Remove the 8 splash guard trim pins and the fuel spout thing is basically handing itself to you. The stupid locking clips on the spout was the difficult part.. A drop of WD40 and it’s all back together. Crossing my fingers that i didn’t set some sort of dissimilar polymer breakdown scenario in motion.. goofiness aside. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
Installation instructions attached. First step is to remove the fuel cap housing. Second step is to remove the splash shield. Third and final step is filler neck removal. Seems pretty straightforward. It looks like you might need some new rivets for the splash shield.
20200509_154805.jpg

Once it's removed, you'll see the work that's needed. Loosen the hose clamp and remove the nut.
20200509_154815.jpg

Side by side view. Identical from the exterior and you'll want to swap the rubber seal if yours came out like mine did.
20200509_155738.jpg

Fitment is perfect of course since it's OEM.
20200509_160321.jpg

Tested, works great.
20200509_174702.jpg

Bonus: DEF at the pump works well too.
20200509_175129.jpg
def at the pump ? really ? first time im seeing this !

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

catabler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Oh. That’s what I thought. No gas stations I’ve seen in Cali /LA has them
You can still use the big rig pumps for DEF. Just go in and tell them $20 worth. Your card will only be charged what you actually use.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This guy makes it look insanely easy with some channel lock pliers… I might try doing it this way tomorrow to see what happens. He mentions in the comments that the he’d already removed the discriminator prior to filming the video, and pulling/twisting is how he originally got it out.

”I've done 4 of them this way now, plus showing how to do it on mine, which I originally did the hard way. All the clips are intact. When you squeeze it, you pull the clips in away from their seats.”
Sponsored