Already down at 3,605 miles :(

Gecko4xe

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe, 2012 Wrangler Sport
This is my first post, long time Jeep owner, and a recent 4xe owner for my wife. Our 2021 Gecko Sahara had 3,605 miles on it when it left us stranded 4 hours from home this past weekend. Ultimately to get a loaner car, the jeep had to get towed to my dealer in WV. I spoke with Jeep on the phone & they refused over and over again to pay for this tow, which costed me $1,150 to get the jeep to my dealer. Im not sure where to go from here. The jeep has a full page of DTC’s, my dealer doesnt seem to care to help me pay for this long distance tow, and Jeep essentially has been refusing to help. I was stuck with either leaving the jeep in NC (4 hours away) and paying for my own rental car, or having it towed home on my own dime & getting a loaner from my dealer, which I chose. At this point im highly disappointed in Jeeps customer service care as I am invested >$1,200 between two tow bills & a hotel room while being stranded.
Has anyone dealt with this before & have any recommendations?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gecko4xe

Gecko4xe

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incase anyone is curious, this is the page of DTC’s read from the dealer I was originally towed to in North Carolina. Not a clue what’s wrong with the jeep unfortunately!

E2441B2D-8416-4058-A73C-99E58EA42D91.jpeg

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP. I'm sorry this happened to you. I have been leery of long distance traveling with my JL ever since I had a ton of codes generated due to a CAN BUS C harness that was intermittently shorting. After the fix (which took a while) it has been solidly reliable for 4,000 miles.

Given your situation and codes, I'd suspect loose ground wires, low main battery or some issue with harness noises.

I hope it can be fixed promptly for you. As for the reimbursement, you should escalate the case with Jeep.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Incase anyone is curious, this is the page of DTC’s read from the dealer I was originally towed to in North Carolina. Not a clue what’s wrong with the jeep unfortunately!

Jeep Wrangler JL Already down at 3,605 miles :( E2441B2D-8416-4058-A73C-99E58EA42D91
Raise with @JeepCares

Sponsored

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for sharing your experience. This sounds like my worst nightmare. Some kind of wierd electronic problem with today's complex computer controlled vehicles. Looking at the list of DTCs, Is this some kind of battery or grounding issue? Keep us posted as you get this resolved.

OP
OP
Gecko4xe

Gecko4xe

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing your experience. This sounds like my worst nightmare. Some kind of wierd electronic problem with today's complex computer controlled vehicles. Looking at the list of DTCs, Is this some kind of battery or grounding issue? Keep us posted as you get this resolved.
Copy that. I have no idea at this point. I do know it wont even turn over. Had to pull the ribbon to get it into neutral.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Being insistent will be your best friend here. They are quite happy to let you be mad by yourself, but demand action be taken and it often is.

I find that most components on Jeeps are fairly solid …. Relatively reliable engines, ZF transmissions are reliable (as are most manuals), and a solid frame / suspension components are great. Once they get past this, hopefully you get many more years of ownership with no issues!

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
If you read your warranty booklet, towing is only covered to the nearest CDJ dealer, and rental cars are not covered. If you wanted the car towed back to your local dealership, then yes that charge is your responsibility.

The Jeep Wave program only provides a rental car for same day routine maintenance. Your best option would’ve been to have the 1st dealer diagnose and fix the vehicle.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Bummer you had to go through that on your new Jeep; hopefully they get her as good as new for you!
Sponsored